Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427330 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1065
I often wonder how much of that is due to COVID, and the lock-down effects on trade and employment, versus the effects on some caused by the media's hysterical reporting and sensationalism!

There are a lot of people just soaking in everything the TV stations and newspapers say, without being mindful enough to cast a critical eye, it must be draining, it must be oppressive. That's not even considering the effects of social media, which is another whole level worse and unaccountable!

Look at those graphs posted earlier, most will just look at them and never read the values on either axis, they just see the shapes and assume they all tell the same story. I find my elderly mother-in-law is particularly vulnerable, especially to the late afternoon news sensationalism. There would be plenty in a bad head-space even before this COVID situation who dread turning on the TV, but can't help doing so!

Absolutely, Spotted One.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1066
Paramedics are attending far more mental health calls than covid cases is what I have been told...
I know people who have experienced this first hand, isolation and boredom do strange things to people even if they are not struggling for cash. A lot of kids(kids by my standard) are resorting to pills because they are bored and it's cheaper than booze. I know of one couple who nearly lost their son after he was given a horse tranquilliser(Ketamine) by "a mate", as a side effect his blood sugar fell so low the paramedics and hospital thought he was heading into diabetic shock. They couldn;t really treast him other than get him to eat which is a bit difficult for someone who is delirious, and they basically had to ride it out until it went one way or the other because they didn't know what else was in the tablet. This kid is or was on the fringe of being a VFL footballer.

Who knows what else they put in those tablets to bulk them up, ..................... "given to him by a mate"! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1067
Two or three weeks ago the media was telling us that we are all getting too fat from sitting around in isolation eating and drinking too much.

Then Dan said reduce the staff on warehouse shifts by 30% to improve social distancing and reduce transmission.

Now the media says reducing warehouse staff will affect a proportional amount of deliveries and we will all starve because we can't get enough food!

What a bunch of ar5eholes the media are!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1068
Interesting side-effect of isolation and home working.

Apparently people working from home are starting to suffer PTSD like symptoms.

It appears the problem is that in the working from home situation, the corporate psychopaths and megalomaniac micromanagers have lost oversight of their usual office victims. So they are pestering home workers to death with endless meetings, reporting cycles and out of hours updates or requests. People are too scared of losing their job not to answer the call, so they are working longer than ever before from home and more stressed than ever!

In other words paranoid pricks are making the whole situation far worse by becoming bigger pricks than usual!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1069
Interesting side-effect of isolation and home working.

Apparently people working from home are starting to suffer PTSD like symptoms.

It appears the problem is that in the working from home situation, the corporate psychopaths and megalomaniac micromanagers have lost oversight of their usual office victims. So they are pestering home workers to death with endless meetings, reporting cycles and out of hours updates or requests. People are too scared of losing their job not to answer the call, so they are working longer than ever before from home and more stressed than ever!

In other words pricks are making the whole situation far worse by becoming bigger pricks than usual!
So true, you will always get scumbags taking advantage of others in times of crisis, having to accept extra work for fear of losing their job and being abused by managers. In my line of work its been junior engineers who get abused by Managers/Administrators and are given extra work to take home that wasnt necessary but just done to try and change the system of reporting line and to set precedence. Now there are less full time staff in many jobs a lot of managers will see this as a way to permanently  reduce numbers and increase workloads on remaining staff.

Reply #1070
500 plus cases of infected people in isolation/quarantine not home when called up or door knocked for check in referred to police. I say send them a double $1652 present in the mail, fark the kents.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1071
$826,000 GTC without your levy.  Cripple all of them

Reply #1072
$826,000 GTC without your levy.  Cripple all of them
Double it and give it to the needy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1073
500 plus cases of infected people in isolation/quarantine not home when called up or door knocked for check in referred to police. I say send them a double $1652 present in the mail, fark the kents.

Couldn't agree more. Self interested bastards. $5000 first offense. $5000 again for 2nd offense with 3 months in the house.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1074
Couldn't agree more. Self interested bastards. $5000 first offense. $5000 again for 2nd offense with 3 months in the house.
Done, sold.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1075
I'm beginning to think that there are a lot of people who don't have a direct connection with CV19 - they then say that it doesn't affect them or anyone they know so stuff the rules.

I was in a meeting yesterday and one participant proudly spoke about breaking curfew every night.   Only when I told him off and related how our family had to get tested because a kid at our daughters kinder tested positive he took some notice.   Another participant then told of a friend who was an early case in March who hasn't got their taste back yet.  He then understood and promised not to do it again.

Bit like those suggesting punishment should include an unprotected visit to ICU.

Reply #1076
I'm beginning to think that there are a lot of people who don't have a direct connection with CV19 - they then say that it doesn't affect them or anyone they know so stuff the rules.

I was in a meeting yesterday and one participant proudly spoke about breaking curfew every night.   Only when I told him off and related how our family had to get tested because a kid at our daughters kinder tested positive he took some notice.   Another participant then told of a friend who was an early case in March who hasn't got their taste back yet.  He then understood and promised not to do it again.

Bit like those suggesting punishment should include an unprotected visit to ICU.
A. It staggers me that people are that stupid these days B. I cant believe how selfish people are, particularly the young.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1077
I reckon a lot in their mid 50s to 60s don't think the rules apply to them either. From what I've seen

Reply #1078
We live in an era where a very cavalier attitude has developed towards laws, rules and regulations. This can be seen everyday in many different circumstances.  Just watch and witness how the road rules are flouted as a matter of course.  Changing this attitude would  require a big effort and a determined government which has the electoral stomach for it.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #1079
We live in an era where a very cavalier attitude has developed towards laws, rules and regulations. This can be seen everyday in many different circumstances.  Just watch and witness how the road rules are flouted as a matter of course.  Changing this attitude would  require a big effort and a determined government which has the electoral stomach for it.
A large portion of society these days just doesn't have any respect for law and order, the proportion is growing IMO. Like the gun problems in the US, there is no turning back and it will never be fixed.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th