Skip to main content
Topic: Weight Loss Drugs (Read 5572 times) previous topic - next topic

Weight Loss Drugs

I want to post a warning about the use of weight loss drugs like Wegovy and Ozempic. I fear we will see a spate of seemingly healthy young people dropping dead unexpectedly due to the dodgy prescriptions and black market in these weight loss drugs.

These diabetes drugs make you lose weight as a side effect, what they call an off label use.

I've read recently it's become fashionable for young girls in particular to "Shred" by injecting these drugs even though they are already thin or at a healthy weight. All of a sudden you are seeing young females with six-packs without seemingly needing to do anything to obtain them, some will perish because of this behaviour!

I was on this type of drug for an extended period after having heart surgery, they wanted me to lose weight and it did, but it was under strict supervision from an endocrinologist and a cardiologist. I'd have a suite of 34 bloods tests every 3 months.

The drugs do assist in weight loss, but they can potentially have severe side-effects, organ damage (kidney, liver, intestines(bowel)), heart issues, stroke, there is even a concern in healthy people they might trigger the very blood sugar issues they are designed to prevent in diabetes patients (So called paradoxical effect).

If you know of anyone using these drugs who are not diabetic, and as such using them to lose weight, please warn them.

There are tells those drugs are being used, the first and most obvious is what they call Ozempic Face or Wegovy Face, it sticks out like dog's balls.
Relatives who haven't seen you for a while will think you are gravely ill. This is because the drugs cause you to lose body fat everywhere not just naturally from normal fat stores, you become gaunt. Your neck, cheeks, jowls, hands, feet all lose some of the natural fat layers that usually aren't lost via healthy weight lose methods, you also lose fat layers inside you mouth, throat tongue, ears, (another side effect is that the drugs can reduce / stop sleep apnoea due to the way they cause lose of fat layers in your throat and mouth).

There are several celebrities around OZ at the moment that you'll identify this appearance in, they recently seem to have achieve extraordinary weight loss after struggling for many years with weight management. They are probably wealthy enough to have it correctly monitored with regular blood tests and check ups, but even then they are still at risk.

Another interesting observable effect is that people using the drugs no longer seem to be as sensitive to heat, in fact you feel cold even when it's warm. And you do not seem to perspire as much or like those around you in warm environments. At first this seems to be a good thing, no BO, but in fact it can lead to severe conditions because you aren't really cool, you can be overheating and not know it, so the doctors monitor you for fluid retention and the like.
The Force Awakens!

Re: Weight Loss Drugs

Reply #1
Thanks LP.  The other issue around Ozempic is that there is no supply in Aus at the moment so diabetics can't get it. Too many people are using it just for weight loss. This has been an issue for a while now.

Reply #2
Thanks LP.  The other issue around Ozempic is that there is no supply in Aus at the moment so diabetics can't get it. Too many people are using it just for weight loss. This has been an issue for a while now.
I've just run out and have been told no more supplies  until probably next year. It was prescribed for high blood glucose.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
I find it quite ironic, that many young influencers who were anti-vaxxers, willing put themselves on unsupervised medication to lose weight on top of already running the risk of exposing themselves to COVID to preserve their freedom of choice. They rallied against vaccines as a harm!

Reading about the demise of these otherwise healthy young people is becoming a daily occurrence.

What freedom do they have from inside a pine box?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4

You make very good points, Spotted One, re anti-vaxxers.

I would have thought that eliminating processed foods, excessive alcohol & carbs, sugars and being too sedentary would have been better choices for diabetes and being overweight? And I did put my mouth where my keyboard is around 15 years ago when my blood sugar level hit 6... pre-diabetes. Did the above, peeled off 18kgs and blood sugar went to just over 5...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #5
You make very good points, Spotted One, re anti-vaxxers.

I would have thought that eliminating processed foods, excessive alcohol & carbs, sugars and being too sedentary would have been better choices for diabetes and being overweight? And I did put my mouth where my keyboard is around 15 years ago when my blood sugar level hit 6... pre-diabetes. Did the above, peeled off 18kgs and blood sugar went to just over 5...
Yes, if you are in that category you can do as you have described, but it takes some effort and for a variety of reasons not all people are capable of it which is why medicines exist.

But most of the cases I refer to are young lean individuals trying to live up to impossible standards, they have to look like flawless physical perfection, but they are trying to take shortcuts to do so using the very same meds as an enabler.

A lot of their influencer associates are now pointing the finger at the COVID vaccines, especially with young girls perishing from blood clots and strokes. But when you go back through this you find many of them rallied against the vaccines, so if it is actually the vaccines as some have claimed they must be hypocrites. So what is it, perhaps COVID as the causes are a known side-effect of a COVID infection, but the cases are rising?

I doubt the vaccine makers have much to worry about, the precedence seems to be young anti-vaxxers who have suddenly developed shredded - six pack abdomens from some "no effort miracle diet, ingredient or lifestyle change". A solution that "big pharma has kept secret to protect profit margins" that the influencer will "willingly share to everyone for the benefit of the world" at the cost of a very small affordable subscription!

No I suspect this is really the effects of a chemically enhanced disease, much like the past trends for bulimia or anorexia, I can see it in social media and in the celebrity press. I don't want the few who luckily escape severe consequences spreading their toxic lucky dip message to everyone's children. The fake nature of the resulting tragedy has to be exposed.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
There is much reality in what you write, Spotted One, though some may think you've got your tin foil hat on!

Big Pharma/Medicine/Science has done so much that is positive and protects/saves many, many lives. However, copious amounts of loot does loosen the ethics and morality of some - enough to cost lives.

We should remember that all medication comes with warnings because no matter the efficacy, appropriateness and safety they're well aware of the <5% who will encounter adverse effects. And if their drug, as you point out, has apparent off-label benefits... they will be used/exploited by horrendously over-worked GPs simply wanting to help their patients.

Then there is, as you point out, social pressure; social media pressure; peer pressure. Every woman is expected to be wafer thin and look like a super-model. And young blokes... you'd better get that six-pack. Absurd expectations. I've said it before and I'll say it again, our medical model is absolute bullshizen (but better than fckall, our all too often measuring stick), designed and exploited by profiteers and opportunists. And when I say 'medical model' I include physical health, mental health and spiritual health.Then there are work expectations and competitiveness, let's hoe into the caffeine, alcohol, nicotine and cocaine (if you can afford it).

Put all these ingredients together, and voila.

(A real life case in point of peer group pressure & anti-vaxxers which came to light, tragic light, in my own life recently. My skinny bliss's best friend of more than 40 years, we'll call her Gilly, because that's her name! Gilly's (Gillian) an anti-vaxxer and conspiracy theorist to the back teeth (much to my skinny bliss's loud protestations). Around 3 years ago, Gilly (who I had a crush on back in the late 70s) developed a sore throat that wouldn't go away... well, you know where this is going. She did go to the doc who on a visual diagnosis/inspection saw a suspicious, small growth on one of her tonsils and recommended further tests. Did Gilly take his advice? Nuh. Her friends/peers (also anti-vaxxers) had these special magnets, magical herbs and a healing group that would cure her. However, the cancer continued to grow to the point where she could barely eat. Severe weight loss followed. My skinny bliss went to visit her around six months ago and stayed with her for a week, attempting to get her to a hospital... to no avail. 2 weeks ago Gilly deteriorated to the extent where she had to be admitted to hospital - my skinny bliss drove from the Mornington Peninsula to the Blue Mountains to be with Gilly, only to find her lunatic friends trying to get her out of hospital and to their healing group as, they claimed, the hospital would only fill her with poisonous chemicals that could kill her! Let's just say my skinny bliss didn't hold back on them. Gilly is expected to pass before the end of the month and is in palliative care. She's in her mid 60s).

Reply #7
There is much reality in what you write, Spotted One, though some may think you've got your tin foil hat on!

Big Pharma/Medicine/Science has done so much that is positive and protects/saves many, many lives. However, copious amounts of loot does loosen the ethics and morality of some - enough to cost lives.

We should remember that all medication comes with warnings because no matter the efficacy, appropriateness and safety they're well aware of the <5% who will encounter adverse effects. And if their drug, as you point out, has apparent off-label benefits... they will be used/exploited by horrendously over-worked GPs simply wanting to help their patients.

Then there is, as you point out, social pressure; social media pressure; peer pressure. Every woman is expected to be wafer thin and look like a super-model. And young blokes... you'd better get that six-pack. Absurd expectations. I've said it before and I'll say it again, our medical model is absolute bullshizen (but better than fckall, our all too often measuring stick), designed and exploited by profiteers and opportunists. And when I say 'medical model' I include physical health, mental health and spiritual health.Then there are work expectations and competitiveness, let's hoe into the caffeine, alcohol, nicotine and cocaine (if you can afford it).

Put all these ingredients together, and voila.

(A real life case in point of peer group pressure & anti-vaxxers which came to light, tragic light, in my own life recently. My skinny bliss's best friend of more than 40 years, we'll call her Gilly, because that's her name! Gilly's (Gillian) an anti-vaxxer and conspiracy theorist to the back teeth (much to my skinny bliss's loud protestations). Around 3 years ago, Gilly (who I had a crush on back in the late 70s) developed a sore throat that wouldn't go away... well, you know where this is going. She did go to the doc who on a visual diagnosis/inspection saw a suspicious, small growth on one of her tonsils and recommended further tests. Did Gilly take his advice? Nuh. Her friends/peers (also anti-vaxxers) had these special magnets, magical herbs and a healing group that would cure her. However, the cancer continued to grow to the point where she could barely eat. Severe weight loss followed. My skinny bliss went to visit her around six months ago and stayed with her for a week, attempting to get her to a hospital... to no avail. 2 weeks ago Gilly deteriorated to the extent where she had to be admitted to hospital - my skinny bliss drove from the Mornington Peninsula to the Blue Mountains to be with Gilly, only to find her lunatic friends trying to get her out of hospital and to their healing group as, they claimed, the hospital would only fill her with poisonous chemicals that could kill her! Let's just say my skinny bliss didn't hold back on them. Gilly is expected to pass before the end of the month and is in palliative care. She's in her mid 60s).
Terrible story, may she be her end be painless and with a sense of peace.

This is where I say to people, do everything in your power to get well following the health professionals advise.

You want to stand on one leg and meditate in between doctors apointments and indulge in all  the natural remedies, do so, because they wont hurt you to do all the natural and holistic medicinal stuff, but do it alongside certifed health practitioners advise.  You only get one shot at life, and following the instructions of those who have pushed our life expectancies out is likely better even if you want to go the natural remedy route too. 

I dont get why its one or the other.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #8
Terrible story, may she be her end be painless and with a sense of peace.

This is where I say to people, do everything in your power to get well following the health professionals advise.

You want to stand on one leg and meditate in between doctors apointments and indulge in all  the natural remedies, do so, because they wont hurt you to do all the natural and holistic medicinal stuff, but do it alongside certifed health practitioners advise.  You only get one shot at life, and following the instructions of those who have pushed our life expectancies out is likely better even if you want to go the natural remedy route too. 

I dont get why its one or the other.

Same page. It aint about either/or... both (everything) is the best bet.

Reply #9
Ozempic is primarily a treatment for diabetics.  It is being prescribed for its weight loss and that has created a demand that exceeds supply from time to time.

Ozempic does not magically remove body fat.  It suppresses the user’s appetite. 

How do I know?  It is prescribed for a diabetic family member and I’ve read the documentation and observed the results of its use. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
Ozempic is primarily a treatment for diabetics.  It is being prescribed for its weight loss and that has created a demand that exceeds supply from time to time.

How do I know?  It is prescribed for a diabetic family member and I’ve read the documentation and observed the results of its use. 
I have used it as a prescribed treatment for diabetes and indeed it does suppress appetite to the point of inducing some nausea, at least in my case. Currently further supplies are not available until next year and having stopped using it my relish for food has returned. I'm not keen to use it again and hopefully will find a suitable alternative.

Reply #11
I have used it as a prescribed treatment for diabetes and indeed it does suppress appetite to the point of inducing some nausea, at least in my case. Currently further supplies are not available until next year and having stopped using it my relish for food has returned. I'm not keen to use it again and hopefully will find a suitable alternative.

My family member is still able to access it - I think the pharmacy could be holding stocks for genuine diabetics.

It’s not suitable for all folk, as my family member’s doctor advised before prescribing it.

I hope you find something else that will help you manage your diabetes Cookie 🙏
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #12

Curious, does it suppress the users 'cravings' for appetite?
There are other drugs around that reduce all manner of cravings.....be that drugs, sex, alcohol, food or whatever other vice you might have.

Reply #13
There are other drugs around that reduce all manner of cravings.....be that drugs, sex, alcohol, food or whatever other vice you might have.

[/quote

In my case at least, all other vices remained safely preserved.

Reply #14

One of the compounds in Ozempic affects the hunger centres in the brain and that reduces hunger, appetite and cravings.  It also slows the rate that the stomach empties.  That prolongs the feeling of fullness after meals.

People using Ozempic generally experience very modest weight loss as they eat slightly less than normal. 

A young fellow I know recently had the gastric banding procedure.  He has dropped almost 50kg from way north of 200kg in a couple of months.  His energy levels are good and he has the all clear to exercise fully.  For him, that’s walking, speedball, skipping, etc.

Ozempic would have done nothing for him.