Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 4 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 2686 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 4 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #45
Fremantle defender Jordan Clark was penalised for dissent against Carlton after using the expression “f***ing idiot” but has told the club he was berating himself for allowing opponent Matthew Cottrell to mark.

This masthead understands Dockers players had been irate that key forward Jy Amiss had not received free kicks across the game while Carlton forwards had been rewarded in marking contests.

Clark allowed Cottrell to mark after George Hewett’s kick was sent forward, with the AFL on Sunday admitting their umpires missed the ball hitting James Aish’s forearm.

It was after that goal that Clark has told friends he uttered the expression “You f***ing idiot, Jordan”.

The umpire Alex Whetton immediately paid a free kick for dissent and the Blues extended their margin in a game that put them 4-0 for the season.

The league on Sunday admitted its umpires had missed the touched kick that landed in Cottrell’s lap.

Clark had been in constant chatter with the umpires all day and so it is understandable they believed he was again chirping over their decision-making.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #46
Fremantle defender Jordan Clark was penalised for dissent against Carlton after using the expression “f***ing idiot” but has told the club he was berating himself for allowing opponent Matthew Cottrell to mark.

This masthead understands Dockers players had been irate that key forward Jy Amiss had not received free kicks across the game while Carlton forwards had been rewarded in marking contests.

Clark allowed Cottrell to mark after George Hewett’s kick was sent forward, with the AFL on Sunday admitting their umpires missed the ball hitting James Aish’s forearm.

It was after that goal that Clark has told friends he uttered the expression “You f***ing idiot, Jordan”.

The umpire Alex Whetton immediately paid a free kick for dissent and the Blues extended their margin in a game that put them 4-0 for the season.

The league on Sunday admitted its umpires had missed the touched kick that landed in Cottrell’s lap.

Clark had been in constant chatter with the umpires all day and so it is understandable they believed he was again chirping over their decision-making.

The young fella will hopefully have learnt his lesson the hard way that gobbing off at the umps doesn't pay.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
So a player looking directly at the umpire and saids you f***ing idiot and he is taking to himself. Is that the defence's argument?

Reply #48
So a player looking directly at the umpire and saids you f***ing idiot and he is taking to himself. Is that the defence's argument?
Hilarious, especially as the umps said he was chirping at them all day. Just cop your medicine and move on son.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #49
Hilarious, especially as the umps said he was chirping at them all day. Just cop your medicine and move on son.

There's an article in The West Australian (paywall). Whilst not relevant at the time of the decision, it gives some context. The AFL have on this issue at least, been consistently trying to stamp this out.

It covers an ex-AFL umpire's view of Mr Clark. He refers to Clark as a "spoilt brat, noting his repeat offences. Evidently He hasn't learned his lesson"
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #50
Fogarty gets 1 week.

All in all, I think our 1st Adelaide Oval was a win all round.

Hopefully Elijah is Ok. I don’t think Martin will be available for a while (?5 - 6wks). Fog NA 1wk, and Motlop still 1 -2wks IIRC

On to R5
Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #51
There's an article in The West Australian (paywall). Whilst not relevant at the time of the decision, it gives some context. The AFL have on this issue at least, been consistently trying to stamp this out.

It covers an ex-AFL umpire's view of Mr Clark. He refers to Clark as a "spoilt brat, noting his repeat offences. Evidently He hasn't learned his lesson"

For some context, the former umpire is Michael Pell who was arrested for conspiracy to pass on Brownlow vote information but never charged.

He said, “I umpired Clark a little bit during his debut season in 2019 in the VFL and then again in scratch matches in 2020 during lockdown.

Things came to a head one day at Ikon Park in a game that meant nothing – a glorified match simulation with 14 per side. Clark was carrying on about decisions and generally just being difficult.

I pulled him aside at a break and told him for the sake of his career he needed to stop with the berating and abuse of umpires – it went in one ear and out the other and I thought to myself: ‘This kid just doesn’t get it’.”

The thing is that, despite Clark’s “explanation”, the umpires know what he said and all umpires will know it before long.  He won’t get any leeway in future unless he mends his ways.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #52
We probably should consider how many times we have been screwed over with umpires decisions. Either paying or not paying a result in the past. Karma has a strange way of working the other way years later. We just need to take the wins as we get them. While Adelaide could and probably should be a win for us, we need to consider the rounds to follow. GWS, Geelong, Collingwood and Melbourne will be a true measure of where we are at. Depending on the results. Just need some composure and finish on the scoreboard to start. It won’t be easy to finish top 8 and very hard to get into the top 4. Winning close games gives me faith we can fight to the death. Before the game I expected a 3 goal win our way. Listening to the game I expected a 3 goal loss. Isn’t it funny how the result ends up in the end. The die hard minutes of the contest. Load up. Next round.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #53
The crook decisions always balance out across a season, just like the free kicks in a game mysteriously balance out by the final siren, but that doesn't mean the impact of those decisions will be equal.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #55
So I don't want to buy into whats fair and what isn't, but if you have a look at pack marks, you will see hands on the ball from usually a defender in front, a defender behind, and if a key forward is still strong enough to grab it and pull it down in that situation.

I know for a touched goal, brushing past someone's leg and not is the difference between a goal and not, but this is being beat up on a maybe touched mark.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #56
Kane Cornes making sense:

"We’re paying that a mark in almost every instance in this game, we always have.”
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #57
We'll  get a couple of days of 'noise' and then another controversy will take over.

It's a pretty great feeling  to be back in a position of strength, where these things make  the supporters of other sides (those not even involved in the contest) lose their sh*t :D

Reply #58
Kane Cornes making sense:

"We’re paying that a mark in almost every instance in this game, we always have.”

Took me back as well when I watched his take on the game. Who'd have thought that Kane C would be the voice of reason :o
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #59
I think Corn is a closet CDFC fan
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?