Skip to main content
Topic: The Rebuild- Which team wins? (Read 3616 times) previous topic - next topic

The Rebuild- Which team wins?

How's the rebuild going....Round 2 teams 2015 v 2018
(Kreuzer obviously injured in 2015 and a late out in this weeks side)
Docherty a big out this year...but not as influential in 2015

Who would win?

B: 17. Sam Rowe, 40. Michael Jamison, 15. Sam Docherty
HB: 33. Andrejs Everitt, 13. Chris Yarran, 42. Zach Tuohy
C: 35. Ed Curnow, 44. Andrew Carrazzo, 6. Kade Simpson
HF: 4. Bryce Gibbs, 2. Troy Menzel, 28. Tom Bell
F: 14. Liam Jones, 23. Lachie Henderson, 3. Marc Murphy (C)
Foll: 36. Cameron Wood, 43. Simon White, 5. Chris Judd
Interchange: 41. Levi Casboult, 9. Patrick Cripps, 22. Jason Tutt, 25. Clem Smith

Versus

B: Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Jacob Weitering
HB: Cameron O'Shea, Caleb Marchbank, Ciaran Byrne
C: Aaron Mullett, Patrick Cripps, Kade Simpson
HF: Zac Fisher, Levi Casboult, Dale Thomas
F: Jarrod Garlett, Charlie Curnow, Sam Petrevski-Seton
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Ed Curnow, Marc Murphy
Int: Paddy Dow, David Cuningham, Matthew Wright, Jed Lamb

The more important question with the obvious answer is which is the team for the future?
But just at the moment...?

Re: The Rebuild- Which team wins?

Reply #1
My take....
The 2015 side is superior and would win a match...but so many are now gone from the AFL.
The 2018 side has potential...but much of it has yet to be realised.
We really have gone backwards to go forward...and many in yesterdays side may not be there for the full journey.

Reply #2
We have assembled the talent.   If we top up well we could be a finals side next year, but our youngsters won't be reliable until they're 50-100 gamers.

Weitering is the most advanced of this lot and looks like he won't be a performer until next year.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
We have assembled the talent.   If we top up well we could be a finals side next year, but our youngsters won't be reliable until they're 50-100 gamers.

Weitering is the most advanced of this lot and looks like he won't be a performer until next year.

I wouldnt want my house riding on that theory, Weitering is miles away IMO, he doesnt look even fit enough physically or mentally to be
playing AFL. If he was my player I would be very concerned about where he is at confidence wise, he isnt enjoying his footy and looks like a player
carrying a huge weight of expectation that he cant handle and may need some time off to get sorted and work out what is holding him back....

Reply #4
Judd, Gibbs, Murphy, Carrazzo, Curnow with a young Cripps and Bell to throw their weight around

vs

Murphy, Curnow, a more dominant Cripps, SPS and some undersized/unproven blokes in Dow, Polsen, Cuningham, Fisher

That is a royal spanking!

Our backline is probably better now, with some more dependable types, and both forwardlines are average.

Midfield domination from 2015 wins that game.

Reply #5

Our backline is probably better now, with some more dependable types, and both forwardlines are average.

We're probably short a tall in that 2015 backline...but the small rebounding defenders are clearly superior.

Reply #6
We're probably short a tall in that 2015 backline...but the small rebounding defenders are clearly superior.

You mean compared to the none we play now? Sure.

Reply #7
I think Carlton would win!

Reply #12
One of those teams has a midfield rotation of Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Carrazzo and Cripps.

The other doesn't!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Matt Kennedy.

Will be a serious player.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #14
I think the old team would probably win.

As a result of my deliberation I've just been looking at our 2018 list and trying to work out who are our strategic players for the future and who are those who will only be with us for the transitional period. Obviously there are plenty of uncertainties apart from the ones who will be coming up for retirement, but I believe will will probably need to turn over at least 30% of our current list before we are likely to have a list capable of challenging for a flag. Not sure how long this will take and the names of those who will be discarded are obviously debatable, and as I say in some cases uncertain, but it looks like there will be quite a bit of pain ahead still.
Reality always wins in the end.