Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Open 2015 (Read 22611 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Open 2015

Reply #45
Tell me that bout of fatigue wasn't a ploy.... Worked a treat as after Murray couldn't take advantage, he just lay down.

Reply #46
^^

Maybe.

Maybe not.  He has trimmed down a lot over the past 12 months, and it almost looks as though he has bouts where he has let up on his rehydration and electrolytes, and usually he will have a few more and then recover after about 20 mins.

Im not an expert, but it might be that he needs to better monitor his intake of fluids, as the same thing plagued him against Wawrinka, and when it starts to happen it almost appears as though his concentration goes with it, and I would be looking at his hydration levels if I were him as a way to stop it from occurring as it seems to be happening more frequently for him, and usually after about an hours play.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #47
Tell me that bout of fatigue wasn't a ploy.... Worked a treat as after Murray couldn't take advantage, he just lay down.

Agree...Murray spent more time looking at his opponent waiting for him to quit and lost his intensity....

Reply #48

Of course it was but it was a stroke of genius because he knew that's all it would take to put Andy (who was playing some incredible tennis) off his game.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #49
Murray is a goat mummies boy sook and got exactly what he deserved last night. And I will give you all a tip for nothing, its gonna happen to him again and again and again. He could be anything but will always amount to nothing more than a "good ordinary player". Why? Because he cant focus and concentrate for the lengths of time that the greats like Federer, Djokovic and Nadal can. He prefers to sook it up the minute things get tuff and look for someone else to blame for it, namely those in his coaches box (i.e. Mummy, Skank GF and Man Lady Coach). He will only win tournaments where someone else has done the hard work to knock out the greats in the earlier rounds. I cant stand the prick and am glad he got rolled.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #50
Novak has Murray covered IMO  and is the better player....Murrays second serve has nothing on it and its a bit similar to Sharapova who also struggles vs Serena and its the same reason IMO, her serve isnt as good especially her second serve which is just a free hit ...

That is definitely a weakness, which forces them to put less pepper on the first serve to ensure they get it in.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #51
Murray is a goat mummies boy sook and got exactly what he deserved last night. And I will give you all a tip for nothing, its gonna happen to him again and again and again. He could be anything but will always amount to nothing more than a "good ordinary player". Why? Because he cant focus and concentrate for the lengths of time that the greats like Federer, Djokovic and Nadal can. He prefers to sook it up the minute things get tuff and look for someone else to blame for it, namely those in his coaches box (i.e. Mummy, Skank GF and Man Lady Coach). He will only win tournaments where someone else has done the hard work to knock out the greats in the earlier rounds. I cant stand the prick and am glad he got rolled.

Murray has two grand slams wins, both finals were against Novak.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #52

this.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #53

IMO the Murray you describe is from 12-18 months ago. I think he's matured in the last year and a bit. I think those Braveheart-esque exhortations should be cut out of his game. More distracting than helpful in my view. I understand you want to be pumped and show positive body language, but he does it to his detriment in my view.

If he can get his brain right, he will unstoppable. Has a great game IMO.

And on a side note, can we please ban fist pumps from tennis ? Unbearable after two days, let alone two weeks. And while we're at it, ban those goddam slow-mo images of players faces, contorted and repugnant beyond belief.

Reply #54
2 Grandslams, thats cute.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #56
2 Grandslams, thats cute.

Watch some tennis outside of 2 weeks in January and you might avoid making stupid statements.
How would you know how much tennis I watch?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #58
You told me when you wrote this.

He will only win tournaments where someone else has done the hard work to knock out the greats in the earlier rounds.
Righto then ::)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #59
Not sure Amélie Mauresmo has added much to Murrays game....from memory she wasnt a great server and her forehand leaked errors.
Think I read somewhere that Murrays second serves had less k's on them than Serena's second serves.....reckon Murray needs a new coach..