Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 9 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS (Read 6855 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 9 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS

Reply #75
Given the circumstances of Harry's injury and Cameron's departure, to win this now would be a huge effort. Herculean in fact.
All in the mindset. A few years ago we went to Geelong to face the impossible (Herculean) task, we won. Its all up to the leaders and coaches to get their heads right. We have tools. we have the game plan, just need to execute (Sorry Leon, no pun intended). It funny, I'm now more confident with the difficult games than the ones we should win. I had penciled this in for a loss some time ago, I'm not so sure now.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #76
Bookies are onto it - GWS shortening.......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #77
Bring in Mirkov to ruck and play TDK as a permanent forward in McKay's place.

It is time, time for Mirkov to be thrown the challenge, he's a big boy, knows our system and will just need to compete.
Being that tall he should win his fair share of taps. JSOS will help around the ground.
if Mirkov is athletic he will survive.
TDK to lead in the opposite direction to Curnow, we don't don't want friendly fire injuries by them flying for the same ball.
This seems to keep the team settled.
Either Cameron knows he has lost the players or he knows admin were undermining him. How GWS turn up might show us which one it is.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #78
GWS', deep, hard running midfield has caused us a lot of problems in the past. Coupled with Mummy owning our rucks we never got enough first use.   I was reasonably confident until H getting injured and Cameron getting the rrrs.

Don't want to see TDK become Preuss' biatch...he'll need help, but I don't know who from.  I think Plowman is an OK match up for the angry man,  especially in the air.  At deck level he's going to need assistance, but that's team defence isn't it?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #79
GWS', deep, hard running midfield has caused us a lot of problems in the past. Coupled with Mummy owning our rucks we never got enough first use.   I was reasonably confident until H getting injured and Cameron getting the rrrs.

Don't want to see TDK become Preuss' biatch...he'll need help, but I don't know who from.  I think Plowman is an OK match up for the angry man,  especially in the air.  At deck level he's going to need assistance, but that's team defence isn't it?
I wouldnt let Plowman anywhere near Greene except shaking hands before and after the game.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #80
Delete
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #81
I agree but Greene would kick eight on  Williams or Newman,  who'd be off chasing kicks.  At least Plowman would stay in Greene's postcode.

Reply #82
I agree but Greene would kick eight on  Williams or Newman,  who'd be off chasing kicks.  At least Plowman would stay in Greene's postcode.
Our very good attack and midfield has to some extent masked our defensive performance which has only been so so IMHO.
We currently are the ninth best defense in the comp for points scored against and to be a good finals team I think you need to be much better than that. Losing Harry is bad but workable, losing Weitering who holds our defense together would render us done for the season IMO.

Reply #83
Lewis Young out as well under HS protocols....fark me. Will be the shortest team we've fielded in many years.

Reply #84
So we lose our CHF and CHB?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #85
So, when does this crap end. Young out too now.

Interchange from:

Jordan Boyd

Matthew Cottrell

Paddy Dow

Lachie Fogarty

George Hewett

Jesse Motlop

Matthew Owies

Lachie Plowman

In: Paddy Dow, Lachie Fogarty, George Hewett, Brodie Kemp, Jesse Motlop, Lachie Plowman
Out: Jack Martin (calf), Harry McKay (knee), Lewis Young (AFL Health and Safety Protocols)

Reply #86
Wonder how hard GWS will work for Cameron's last game. That can go 2 extreme ways.

Reply #87
70 points
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #88
Who'd wanna bet on this game? Could be a 10 goal game each way.

Cameron out of GWS could make their performance go either way.
We'll be fielding a side with the average height of about 5'3"......but are in form.

Just need to dominate the midfield.

Reply #89
Any more talls and it's season kaput.