Skip to main content
Topic: Round 6 - Blues vs. West Coast Cokers (Read 54633 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 6 - Blues vs. West Coast Cokers

Reply #15
Re the Rowe/White problem...

Solution?

This - http://www.carltonfc.com.au/player-profile/cameron-giles

No way could he do worse than White, not in a month of Sundays - need Everitt up as the third man to help out too. He was lazy yesterday (Everitt imo)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
How do you pick a result with both sides shadows of their full strength outfits.
We've had a bit of a discussion about the effect of injuries on a club's season in the last few weeks.
Five weeks in... and this year's injury toll is creeping right up there to rival some of those.

Curnow is a huge loss and critical to our plans.

Curnow will certainly be a major loss - we have Carrazzo or Cachia as cover. I don't know whether Carrots still has the run now to go with a gun mid all day, and we'd likely have to bring Brock back in to cover him at the clearances. May be better to go straight to Cachia, at least as a starter.

I'd play Holman......Cachia and Brock  will take us nowhere....likewise I want Buckley in the team....

Reply #17
Buckley in for sure. Menzel might be available but back through the NB's for him.

No doubt WC will play their usual game against us but focus on bashing Murphy up this time. Need Gibbs to play a big game to take some heat off him and we'll need our blokes continuing to bash into some seasoned  taggers and not just the skinny kids

Hate playing WC. They have key forwards that should be wearing Navy Blue.

Reply #18
Darren Glass 1 week suspension due to poor record. (charged with a Level One engaging in Rough Conduct offence (125 points, 1 match ban)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
How do you pick a result with both sides shadows of their full strength outfits.
We've had a bit of a discussion about the effect of injuries on a club's season in the last few weeks.
Five weeks in... and this year's injury toll is creeping right up there to rival some of those.

Curnow will certainly be a major loss - we have Carrazzo or Cachia as cover. I don't know whether Carrots still has the run now to go with a gun mid all day, and we'd likely have to bring Brock back in to cover him at the clearances. May be better to go straight to Cachia, at least as a starter.

I'd play Holman......Cachia and Brock  will take us nowhere....likewise I want Buckley in the team....

Can't comment on Holman - I haven't seen him play yet. Agree about Brock, I think he's the past but Cachia was OK in the tagging role from memory, albeit not as good as Curnow.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
Bell and Curnow will be difficult to replace.

I know that some folk criticise Bell's football awareness and finishing but his hardness, tackling, run and ability to get the ball more than make up for the occasional turnover.  His effort in playing out the game with a badly broken finger was pretty damn impressive.  We don't have an obvious replacement (I think Robbo is still injured) and I think Bell's injury will ensure that Cripps gets another game (and so he should).  Graham (who shouldn't have been dropped) should come in for Bell.

Curnow has become the ultimate tagger with the ability to shut down an opponent and win plenty of the ball himself.  His link-up work is on a par with Gibbs and Simpson.  His attempt to play on after breaking his leg was courageous, if not an indictment on our medical staff.  Cachia is best placed to take Curnow's spot.

McLean has to come in for Judd but Garlett probably needs another game in the NBs.

As for the whipping boys; Casboult, White and Rowe; they all performed their roles and made a contribution.  Leave them in.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21

Can't comment on Holman - I haven't seen him play yet. Agree about Brock, I think he's the past but Cachia was OK in the tagging role from memory, albeit not as good as Curnow.

Yeah I agree, but I think Cachia's disposal and decision making is slightly ahead of Curnow. Looking forward to seeing Holman though if he's ready fitness wise.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #22
Ins - Jamison, Buckley, Holman
Outs - Curnow, Bell, Judd

Emerg: Docherty, Giles, Graham

Welcome to a new age!  ;)

Reply #23
A few unknowns at this stage but this is how I think we'll go:

Outs: Judd, Curnow, Bell (all inj) White (omitted if Jamo available)

Ins: Graham or Holman?, Cachia, Buckley, Jamison (if fit)

Following could be strong considerations if fit (but fitness still doubtful):
Armfield
Robbo

MM may play it "safe" and go for Brock at the expense of Graham or Holman.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24
Holman has been doing well, but he's not banging the door down yet. Let him keep developing in the two's

Reply #25
Watson will come in this week.

Almost guaranteed.

As for Jamison they are being very quiet about his injury and I have a feeling his shoulder is cooked.

He keeps doing the same injury over and over again over the last few years, and it's time we got it sorted as he has a few years left in him and we don't need him in to further wreck his shoulder.  Time to get it sorted.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #26
It was Jamo's calf & club have declared him fit and available for selection this week. As well as Menz.

Reply #27
Surely Brock comes back in for Bell..  Its also time Jeffy comes back in.

Reply #28
Surely Brock comes back in for Bell..  Its also time Jeffy comes back in.

Agreed, along with Menzel and Jamison if fit.
There's plenty of life left in this season, it's not "play the kids" time just yet.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #29
The simple fact that there is argument/discussion over who should come in when we have 3 forced outs says to me that our depth is definitely improving !!

We actually have options !!!

Although we are still a couple of (good) KPP short. :(
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!