Skip to main content
Topic: Round 6 - Blues vs. West Coast Cokers (Read 54657 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 6 - Blues vs. West Coast Cokers

Reply #30
Surely Brock comes back in for Bell..  Its also time Jeffy comes back in.

Agreed, along with Menzel and Jamison if fit.
There's plenty of life left in this season, it's not "play the kids" time just yet.

Menzel will miss another week, and even then would probably need to come back through the Magoos.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #31

There's plenty of life left in this season, it's not "play the kids" time just yet.

Menzel will miss another week, and even then would probably need to come back through the Magoos.
I'd like to see Menzel string a few 3 goal, 20 possession type games in the Magoos before we get him back in the 1s

Reply #32

Menzel & Jamo have been declared fit & both available for selection this week.

Reply #35
Menzel & Jamo have been declared fit & both available for selection this week.

Reported in the Hun that Menzel was still a week away.

I'd rather take the clubs injury report over anything written in the Sun.

But in better news in the injury front, Michael Jamison and Troy Menzel are expected to be available for selection.

Jamison missed Round 5 with a calf injury and Menzel with an injured hamstring.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-04-22/carlton-injury-update

Reply #36
As of Monday, April 21

Waters (shoulder) season
LeCras (arm) 2-3 weeks
Hurn (knee) 1-2 weeks
Ellis (calf) test
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #37
Bell and Curnow will be difficult to replace.

I know that some folk criticise Bell's football awareness and finishing but his hardness, tackling, run and ability to get the ball more than make up for the occasional turnover.  His effort in playing out the game with a badly broken finger was pretty damn impressive.  We don't have an obvious replacement (I think Robbo is still injured) and I think Bell's injury will ensure that Cripps gets another game (and so he should).  Graham (who shouldn't have been dropped) should come in for Bell.

Curnow has become the ultimate tagger with the ability to shut down an opponent and win plenty of the ball himself.  His link-up work is on a par with Gibbs and Simpson.  His attempt to play on after breaking his leg was courageous, if not an indictment on our medical staff.  Cachia is best placed to take Curnow's spot.

McLean has to come in for Judd but Garlett probably needs another game in the NBs.

As for the whipping boys; Casboult, White and Rowe; they all performed their roles and made a contribution.  Leave them in.

I thought Casboult was very good. I criticised him last year for his lack of a second effort, but he showed that he has got the ability to chase and tackle if he puts his mind to it, by what he did in the last quarter.
The more Levi plays the better he'll get.

Can't say that about Rowe unfortunately. I'd give White till the bye to improve or out.

Reply #38
And replace Rowe or White with what....?  That is the problem.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #39
Watson will come in this week.

Almost guaranteed.

I certainly hope not - He is a major liability in "team defence" because he is too slow to get to a contest, uncompetitive when the contest comes to him, lacks desperation and hopeless below his knees / WC doesn't have any tall blokes that are slow enough as a match up

Rowe is much better in a contest, much better below his knees and significantly faster / White is faster again, more desperate and more versatile.

Reply #41
I know, but is he ready... big ask for a young KP prospect to start vs the toasters.

Reply #42
Oh Nooooooooooo!!

In his weekly wrap, the coach has declared that there will be a number of changes, due to injuries and the names he mentioned as 'being in contention......'

Graham
MCINNES
WATSON
BOOTSMA!!!

Put out that cigarette Mick, and have a decent look at the list!!!

Reply #43
Oh Nooooooooooo!!

In his weekly wrap, the coach has declared that there will be a number of changes, due to injuries and the names he mentioned as 'being in contention......'

Graham
MCINNES
WATSON
BOOTSMA!!!

Put out that cigarette Mick, and have a decent look at the list!!!

Considering we lost 3 onballers and Cripps looks a bit cooked I reckon he's taking the piss.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #44
There wouldn't be a bloke slow enough on the toaster's list to be a realistic match up for Watson.

Still staggered he didn't get a gig on Dawes, but such is life.