41 - Casboult
[ 12 ] (14.3%)
42 - Tuohy
[ 22 ] (26.2%)
43 - White
[ 2 ] (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: May 02, 2014, 07:15:21 pm

Topic: R6 - WORST on ground vs Eagles (Read 20144 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R6 - WORST on ground vs Eagles

Reply #15
Robbo, Yarran and Touhy.

I found this quite hard to pick as I thought we had a pretty even lot of contributors. I almost feel bad for picking any of them !!

Yarran?  His run was so dangerous for West Coast they specifically started dragging him back to the goal square.  In fact he was involved in roughly half our scoring yesterday.

Still you are entitled to that opinion but Yarran was good for us yesterday. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #16
Do we really need this thread ?

I have contributed to it previously but I think there's something a little unsavoury about it.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #17
leave these type of threads to TC....

Reply #18
Every week we get people complaining about these threads. Every week i say the same thing. If you don't like them, don't read them.

If you don't open this thread, its like it doesn't exist, then you get what you want.

I see it as an important method of evaluating our players performances. Individuals are generally biased. A group of people voting individually generally shows a better account of how individual players performed, both positively and negatively.

Reply #19
My votes, had to sleep on it as it's very difficult this week.

A key forward needs to kick goals, Casboult clearly fails that criteria with his pathetic kicking which seems to be getting worse (didn't think that was possible). He is mildly effective as a backup ruckman though.

Probably daylight next, but eventually you'll get to Tuohy. Kicked an important goal late, but made some errors throughout the game which hurt us. Harsh, but it was a good overall performance by the rest of the blokes.

Finally, another tough call, but it goes to Robbo. Basically same reasons as Tuohy. Made some critical errors which hurt the team.

Reply #20
I went Touhy only ...everyone else did their job IMO...

Lucas was ok in the last quarter IMO which saved him from a vote..

Nah, until he can stop the 3 earlier quarters of coach killing sh1te you cannot cut him slack.

Sure he gets a credit for contribution to the win, but Lucas, Tuohy and Casboult helped Weagles get back into the game with some dreadful decision making, skills and stupidity!

We are too soft at Carlton, one fecking clearance, one goal or one mark and all is forgiven for anyone. We forget just long enough for them to stab us in the heart next week, I am not so easily convinced anymore because life is too short! Now days I mark players games by mistakes not by their successes.

Couldn't have put it better. You can't do a couple of nice things in the final qtr and expect that to eradicate a below average effort in the previous. 3.

Lucas, Casboult and regrettably Tuohy were the 3. Tuohy for costly and silly errors and Meat for his softness between the lugholes when it counts.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #21
Henderson
Lucas
Tuohy
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #22
I can't understand the reasoning behind Hendo getting votes.

He took 9 marks, 3 inside 50, kicked 2 goals and set another one up.

Reply #23

Thats why this is such a stupid thread.. Especially when we have such a gutsy win with everyone contributing..

Reply #24
I haven't seen the game as yet so cannot vote but maybe we could pull it out for the losses? I have no issue either way.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25

Finally, another tough call, but it goes to Robbo. Basically same reasons as Tuohy. Made some critical errors which hurt the team.

Robbo still played a better than average Robbo Game.

Though, the turn over at the end could have cost us.

Reply #26

Casboult took 9 marks, 3 contested to Hendo's none, also 6 contested possessions to Hendo's 1.

Their games were similar, I felt Casboult did more crash and bash although his kicking let him down.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #27
Casboult took 9 marks, 3 contested to Hendo's none, also 6 contested possessions to Hendo's 1.

Their games were similar, I felt Casboult did more crash and bash although his kicking let him down.

Psst, psst!

I know why they call big Levi Casboult "Meat"

Because he butchers the ball better than anyone!  ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
No one butcher's it like Butcher from Port. Many on here wanted to throw our first rounder at him (not that the first rounder is a successful one anyway).
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #29
Some of our best players butchered it as well. Gibbs, Thomas and McLean committed some horrific turnovers.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!