41 - Casboult
[ 12 ] (14.3%)
42 - Tuohy
[ 22 ] (26.2%)
43 - White
[ 2 ] (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: May 02, 2014, 07:15:21 pm

Topic: R6 - WORST on ground vs Eagles (Read 20153 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R6 - WORST on ground vs Eagles

Reply #30
Some of our best players butchered it as well. Gibbs, Thomas and McLean committed some horrific turnovers.

Yet most would back them in to at least hit a 19m wide target from 30m away, at least once in two goes anyway!  ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Yet most would back them in to at least hit a 19m wide target from 30m away, at least once in two goes anyway!  ;)

It's ok clangers only count for guys you don't like.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #32

Casboults field kicking is fine.. Just lacks confidence in front of the big sticks..

Reply #33

Almost correct, a few slight corrections and we get;

It's only clanger counts for guys you don't like, OK!  ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
I can't understand the reasoning behind Hendo getting votes.

He took 9 marks, 3 inside 50, kicked 2 goals and set another one up.

Casboult took 9 marks, 3 contested to Hendo's none, also 6 contested possessions to Hendo's 1.

Their games were similar, I felt Casboult did more crash and bash although his kicking let him down.

He can do as much crash and bash as he likes, but his main job as a FF is to hit the scoreboard, not 2 sections over from where the goals are located.

Hendo didn't need to take any contested marks because he can actually run off his opponent to receive the ball, ditto contested possessions.

Anyway, you've made your decision, i just disagree with it...a lot.  :P

Reply #36

Casboults field kicking is fine.. Just lacks confidence in front of the big sticks..

That is something I have noticed too. He hits targets around the ground O.K, but gets the yips in front of the big sticks. Something he really needs to work on. If its how he drops the ball to boot then maybe he needs a bigger and faster run up on a set shot.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #37

That is something I have noticed too. He hits targets around the ground O.K, but gets the yips in front of the big sticks. Something he really needs to work on. If its how he drops the ball to boot then maybe he needs a bigger and faster run up on a set shot.

This is a good idea. The faster run up can really help his goal accuracy, aka Nick Duigan last years final against Richmond
Eat more chooks

Reply #38
This is a good idea. The faster run up can really help his goal accuracy, aka Nick Duigan last years final against Richmond

Get him kicking torps at least then he will only miss to one side!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
It feels good having trouble finding 3 players to vote for in this category.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #40

Mental lightweight. Maybe he needs to hit the piss for once it may just make him kick straight.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #41

Mental lightweight. Maybe he needs to hit the piss for once it may just make him kick straight.

Tried that with Eddie on the Yarra cruise.

Up until last week when he gave the club a bake I would have been happy to see Fev back in a goal kicking coaching role. Won't happen now though. Gibbs is a lovely set shot so maybe he should get in Levi's ear a bit.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #42
Levi needs to setup a routine.  JK had similar issues and then he brought in the "flintston" shuffle.

Now he is a pretty good set shot for goal.

It can make a massive difference to a players confidence and ability to do something if they have a routine.  I heard on the radio that Blake Caracella was the bloke that Geelong went with to work with Tom Hawkins on his kicking.

It might be an idea that we employ a similar tactic, and I would actually go for someone like Dermot Brereton, who could teach him more than just kicking...
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #43
Levi needs to setup a routine.  JK had similar issues and then he brought in the "flintston" shuffle.

I have one for him, kick backwards 20m to Tuohy, Watson or Jammo!  ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44

Now he is a pretty good set shot for goal.

It can make a massive difference to a players confidence and ability to do something if they have a routine.  I heard on the radio that Blake Caracella was the bloke that Geelong went with to work with Tom Hawkins on his kicking.

It might be an idea that we employ a similar tactic, and I would actually go for someone like Dermot Brereton, who could teach him more than just kicking...

After 4-5 years at the club and with the kicking issues he has if the club has yet to implement a routine or have a kicking expert work with him then that is an utter disgrace.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!