Skip to main content
Topic: R6 - Blues vs Eagles (post match party) (Read 61644 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R6 - Blues vs Eagles (post match party)

Reply #15
Thought Rowe, Jamo and White were very very good.

Agree, White's best game I think, Rowe good shows you stats are not everything!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
They have a lot of heart this group. Very very gutsy win.

By the way how good was daisys smother.

Can't image another player in our team diving like that.

And how good was warnock tap to Lucas in the last!

Geez i hope yazza is ok for next week. Not without a chance next week.

Buckley has to stay in the team. If cripps has potential what has this guy got. Has poise, balance, heart, guts and explosive pace.

Menzel is all class and garlett played the best game I have seen from him in a long time.

Best win for a while.

Reply #17
Best win in years.
Our mistakes and poor use of the ball nearly cost us the win. The usual suspects of course. Robinson near the end with a stupid pass. the bloke can't hit a target at the best of times let alone under pressure. Rowe and White were not our worst tonight, and I thought White improved a lot from last week. Rowe still makes too many mistakes but was better today.

I was very pleased to see Mick tear strips off Thouey for his cr@p play.

But, all in all, a teriffic win,aqnd BUCKLEY, will be a great player for this club.

GO BLUES ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thought Rowe, Jamo and White were very very good.

Jamieson was good, White a huge improvement on what he's been serving up.

BUT, while Rowe used his body a lot and was good in that area, he dropped an easy chest mark, he could have taken an overhead mark uncontested, but went with a double fist punch, he couldn't hit a target in the third quarter with his kick and kicked the ball out of bounds, even though he had plenty of time. He's a panicker and lacks confidence.  If you are not nervous when he's one out with an opponent, then you haven't been watching him.

I keep saying this. I would love him to succeed and take his game up a notch where he becomes as reliable a defender as a Maxwell, a Glass, even a Jamieson. But, I doubt that he either has the football brain or the attributes to do so.

Reply #18
Takes some heart to keep going, they could have crumbled halfway through the last. Gutsy
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #19
Glad with the win, get the bragging rights for the week :D

But jeez The overall game, each team was just as bad as the other .

Super impressed with the improvement of goal kicking and murph stepping up.

Reply #20
I think the revelation of both White and Rowe down back may have killed the career of Watson. Who'd a thunk it?  :o :o

Great win.

Shows what kicking straight can do. Do that every week and you'll win more often than not. Could've easily been 4-2 at this point f we had've kicked straight against the Dees and Tiges.

Reply #21
I think the revelation of both White and Rowe down back may have killed the career of Watson. Who'd a thunk it?  :o :o

Great win.

Shows what kicking straight can do. Do that every week and you'll win more often than not. Could've easily been 4-2 at this point f we had've kicked straight against the Dees and Tiges.

I think once Rowe gets his confidence he will move forward again, he is more than capable of marking like Casboult but Rowe can kick!

Waite will retire, Watson will come back in eventually.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22

Great win.

I think once Rowe gets his confidence he will move forward again, he is more than capable of marking like Casboult but Rowe can kick!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Rowe is allowing us to play Hendo forward all game with Waite, which is allowing us to 'carry' casboult as our 2nd ruckman.

Reply #23
Buckley has personality, passion, and go
This club needs people like buckley

Don't want to talk him up too much but .....the kid will win a Brownlow or two down the track  :D

(or at least another NRS nomination ;))

Reply #24
We now have as many wins as the drugged up bombers who were touted in round 2 as potential flag winners....   :o

Reply #25
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Rowe is allowing us to play Hendo forward all game with Waite, which is allowing us to 'carry' casboult as our 2nd ruckman.

You are talking about next week, I am talking about next season!

They have to play the kids if they are to step up when we need them. Hendo is surely going to spend the majority of the rest of his career forward.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
What does Daisy add to the team?

He shows them how to play desperate football in the last 10 minutes of a tight game!!  He was exceptional when it counted!!

Reply #27

Great win.

I'd be very surprised if Watson isn't traded at the end of the year.

And yes, Rowe can mark. But he's too frightened to do so. We are 6 rounds in and have won two games. If he doesn't have a biit of confidence now, when will he get some?

Reply #28
We could have made a KPD find in Rowe if he can keep improving. Waite looks reinvigorated ATM, could possibly go round again but early days. White was good also, needs game time now.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #29
What does Daisy add to the team?

He shows them how to play desperate football in the last 10 minutes of a tight game!!  He was exceptional when it counted!!

Not only that, but his maturity and intelligence came through when he was interviewed on Fox footy by David King after the game.

He said words to the effect of, we need to be a lot more steadier than we were in the last few minutes.

he knew what had to be done and how to play in those situations, hopefully he will impart that knowledge to the inexperienced boys in the team.