Skip to main content
Topic: R6 - Blues vs Eagles (post match party) (Read 61940 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R6 - Blues vs Eagles (post match party)

Reply #151
Play on from marks you imbecile.

Sideways, backwards, it's all good.  ;)

Cause and effect, of using an Etch-A-Sketch for the game plan!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #152
Yep but IMO that can be attributed to being given more freedom.
I think that is the case as well, the lock down style wasn't working so the balance has shifted, clearly that is the case.

Look how well we played the lock down style in the last few minutes yesterday, it nearly cost us the match!

Either we didn't play it at all or Robinson can't follow simple instructions.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #153
Simply put, players are running harder now and gaining the benefits from that, including an increase in confidence.

What freedom could they have been given? Everyone has said the game plan has not changed. It is clear to everyone that they have increased their intensity, tackling, chasing, shepharding etc.

What is more plausible?
1. Malthouse has changed his gameplan (which should've seen us sitting at 2-2 except for some terrible kicking) to something that the players have been able to grasp in the space of 6 days and perform perfectly to get us a win over the dogs, and again over the eagles.
or
2. The players have pulled their finger out and finally started giving the effort required from a bunch of AFL footballers and are now getting results from that increase in intensity.

The simplest solution is usually the correct one. In this case its the latter.

Reply #154
I'd be very surprised if Watson isn't traded at the end of the year.

And yes, Rowe can mark. But he's too frightened to do so. We are 6 rounds in and have won two games. If he doesn't have a biit of confidence now, when will he get some?

Agree with everything written there.

Watson has this year to extract a digit, otherwise he'll go the same way as McCarthy & Mitchell.

Rowe is forced to do his bit due to the fact we don't have anyone else around to do so. He too will be a casualty come season's end.

I think Mick likes Rowe and we dont have anyone his size to play down back...Jamison cant play on the big monsters and Henderson needs to play forward.
Rowe is doing the job because we have no one else but he is doing it ok and if he stays in the seniors all season he might get another contract...like you and others
he gives me that uneasy feeling when contesting especially on the deck nut I reckon Watson will get the chop before Rowe does.

Reply #155
Simply put, players are running harder now and gaining the benefits from that, including an increase in confidence.

What freedom could they have been given? Everyone has said the game plan has not changed. It is clear to everyone that they have increased their intensity, tackling, chasing, shepharding etc.

What is more plausible?
1. Malthouse has changed his gameplan (which should've seen us sitting at 2-2 except for some terrible kicking) to something that the players have been able to grasp in the space of 6 days and perform perfectly to get us a win over the dogs, and again over the eagles.
or
2. The players have pulled their finger out and finally started giving the effort required from a bunch of AFL footballers and are now getting results from that increase in intensity.

The simplest solution is usually the correct one. In this case its the latter.

Well McCartney spoke openly about the way we played. If you want to just dismiss that because it contradicts your opinion so be it. As for me I've given my opinion and that's where it stays.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #156
Numero uno.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #157
Great return game by Robbo IMO, was really worried about him but has his spot. Simmo again shows he is the heartbeat or this clubut the win came on the back of an unbelievable game from the skipper, simply outstanding.

Buckley is going to be some sort of player, has lots of spunk and is exactly the attitude we miss. Him and Menzel will be good players over a long period for us.

Overall we were pretty awful for that third and most of the last quarter figured we were all but gone and I guess some unlucky shots from west coast helped but stirring stuff to see the team claw its way back into a game again.

Reply #158
Why was Dylan Buckley wearing a different jumper to the rest of the players ??

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #159

Is that a serious question?  :o

Do you own any relatively recent Carlton jumpers??

Try putting one on and turning the bottom part up...look in the mirror.

Reply #160

Yep silly Sheiky! ;)

Seriously though what's not to love about this kid. Has Blue blood running through his veins and plays like it!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #161

I'm a little old to be buying Carlton jumpers and yes, it was a serious question.

He looked like he was wearing something completely different to the rest of his teammates, it was like that for the whole game too. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #162

Look at Robbo in the back ground. He has the same strip poking through.

I expect it's just tape to stop the jumper rising up.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #163

It's not tape, its just the inside of the jumper.

If you turn the regular navy blue jumper inside out, you get something that looks like the white clash jumper from a few years ago. The inside of the jumper is white. The blue bits you see on the edge is due to the fact that the sides of the jumper have a different kind of stretchy fabric running along the sides under your arms, which you can clearly see on our white clash jumper below.

Its no great mystery, its simply tucked up.

Reply #164

It's not tape, its just the inside of the jumper.

If you turn the regular navy blue jumper inside out, you get something that looks like the white clash jumper from a few years ago. The inside of the jumper is white. The blue bits you see on the edge is due to the fact that the sides of the jumper have a different kind of stretchy fabric running along the sides under your arms, which you can clearly see on our white clash jumper below.

Its no great mystery, its simply tucked up.

Not disputing it krudds because I really couldn't give a fark, but if Bucks jumper is turned upwards it should cover some of the CFC logo but it doesn't. Also the white on the clash strip looks nothing like the grey strip which does appear to be very much like the grey tape I have in my shed.

I know you shall dispute this with a Warren commission  defence, but it would be good if someone could actually ask the club to get a definitive answer.
IN WADA WE TRUST