Skip to main content
Topic: R6 - Blues vs Eagles (post match party) (Read 61641 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R6 - Blues vs Eagles (post match party)

Reply #30
I'd be very surprised if Watson isn't traded at the end of the year.

And yes, Rowe can mark. But he's too frightened to do so. We are 6 rounds in and have won two games. If he doesn't have a biit of confidence now, when will he get some?

Nah, Rowe is playing in a position he has never hardly played before, he will displace Casboult eventually.

As much as I love Levi's clunking, tou can't carry a bloke who is a great mark but cannot hit the goals from 30m out, twice! I have him in my worst for that reason.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Sat near the bench. Malthouse tore strips into Thouy. Thouy walked up the boundary, came back to the bench, then Mick flayed him again. Gold.

Daisy's and Murph's runs down the western side of the ground in the last quarter were electric. Daisy inspirational.

Reply #32
The character of his group is really developing. That comeback was one of the best last qtr efforts for a very long time.

Important to note that we turned this game around in the final qtr without Judd, Carrazzo, Curnow and lost Yazz at a critical stage.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
The character of his group is really developing. That comeback was one of the best last qtr efforts for a very long time.

Important to note that we turned this game around in the final qtr without Judd, Carrazzo, Curnow and lost Yazz at a critical stage.
More important is to note who stood up at that time. Murphy,Daisy,Buckley and Menzel.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #34
Apart from his two kicks at goal, I thought Casboult was excellent today...  He loves to chase players down and lay tackles.. Thats great for such a big guy.. He out rucked Nic Nat at some stages today, took some crucial big grabs, and provided us with plenty..  I don't want to see him out of the team from here on in..  Lets build his confidence right up. Just needs to fix his kicking for goals.. His field kicking is very good as is his handball..  If he starts nailing those goals and gets his confidence up, he becomes invaluable and a crucial member of the team..  He's a wrecking ball who does a lot around the ground....

Reply #35
And Buckley wasn't named in the original side because....?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #36
Best win in years.
Our mistakes and poor use of the ball nearly cost us the win. The usual suspects of course. Robinson near the end with a stupid pass. the bloke can't hit a target at the best of times let alone under pressure. Rowe and White were not our worst tonight, and I thought White improved a lot from last week. Rowe still makes too many mistakes but was better today.

I was very pleased to see Mick tear strips off Thouey for his cr@p play.

But, all in all, a teriffic win,aqnd BUCKLEY, will be a great player for this club.

GO BLUES ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thought Rowe, Jamo and White were very very good.

Jamieson was good, White a huge improvement on what he's been serving up.

BUT, while Rowe used his body a lot and was good in that area, he dropped an easy chest mark, he could have taken an overhead mark uncontested, but went with a double fist punch, he couldn't hit a target in the third quarter with his kick and kicked the ball out of bounds, even though he had plenty of time. He's a panicker and lacks confidence.  If you are not nervous when he's one out with an opponent, then you haven't been watching him.

I keep saying this. I would love him to succeed and take his game up a notch where he becomes as reliable a defender as a Maxwell, a Glass, even a Jamieson. But, I doubt that he either has the football brain or the attributes to do so.
Bignic you wont find a bigger critic of Rowe than me. However, I think his endeavour and unorthodoxness (made up a word) got the better of the WC fwds tonite. Cant ask for more than that I'm afraid.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #37

[/quote]

I'd be very surprised if Watson isn't traded at the end of the year.  we would be lucky to get a second rounder for him atm

And yes, Rowe can mark. But he's too frightened to do so. We are 6 rounds in and have won two games. If he doesn't have a biit of confidence now, when will he get some?
[/quote]

Reply #38
Lost our run but found it again to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Getting the win in those circumstances could well prove to be season defining.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #39
Sat near the bench. Malthouse tore strips into Thouy. Thouy walked up the boundary, came back to the bench, then Mick flayed him again. Gold.
And he deserved it too. He's been very very bad.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #40
Watson needs to actually show something to be traded.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #41
Any idea where to grab an online replay?!

Reply #43
I though 206 was pretty good tonight, played a lone hand against the best Ruckman to play the game (IMO) and Nic Nat the Freak.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #44
Lost our run but found it again to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Getting the win in those circumstances could well prove to be season defining.

The momentum kept changing and we had the early run in each of the first 3 quarters, and the Eagles charged back at us with minutes to spare in the end of each quarter. The way the last quarter started we should have lost by 5 goals, but managed to steal the game in the end. Happy with the win, no matter how we get them. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.