Skip to main content
Topic: R7. Blues V Pies (Read 67971 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R7. Blues V Pies

Reply #15
Savour the win tonight because I think we're in for a spanking against the Maggotpies. If Yazz is out, I'll spew. There's too many little pricks that can run riot in their forward line. Elliott, Beams and Sidebottom loom as dangers if Cloke doesn't clutch them. And there's the matter of Swan and Pendlebury.

We've got to turn this game into a scrap. Don't allow a free flowing game because they will cut us up.

Hope Daisy grows another leg for this game!
Yes, I hope Daisy can come up and show the Pies something.

Unfortunately, I think we may also lose. Collingwood are not the most talented team going around, but they are playing with a fanaticism that we find hard to match. I really want to pound these *****, but we just don't seem to be able to keep up the intensity for extended periods yet.

I was really pleased with our effort against the Weagles because we had so MANY changes and lost so many important players. Then we had Robbo who was obviously not 100%. But the commitment and the attacking flair were lovely. If we can keep that up....
Unfortunately we don't appear to yet. And we have very few taggers available to negate their on ballers.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #16
Savour the win tonight because I think we're in for a spanking against the Maggotpies. If Yazz is out, I'll spew. There's too many little pricks that can run riot in their forward line. Elliott, Beams and Sidebottom loom as dangers if Cloke doesn't clutch them. And there's the matter of Swan and Pendlebury.

We've got to turn this game into a scrap. Don't allow a free flowing game because they will cut us up.

Hope Daisy grows another leg for this game!
Yes, I hope Daisy can come up and show the Pies something.

Unfortunately, I think we may also lose. Collingwood are not the most talented team going around, but they are playing with a fanaticism that we find hard to match. I really want to pound these *****, but we just don't seem to be able to keep up the intensity for extended periods yet.

I was really pleased with our effort against the Weagles because we had so MANY changes and lost so many important players. Then we had Robbo who was obviously not 100%. But the commitment and the attacking flair were lovely. If we can keep that up....
Unfortunately we don't appear to yet. And we have very few taggers available to negate their on ballers.
As MM said in the presser, 6 changes this week and they had to re-adjust which they did. More re-adjustments required this week I'd say although he reckons Yazz will be ok. You cant take a speedster with a suspect hammy onto the wide expanses of the MCG versus the arch enemy. If they bring the same desire and stick to a plan, we will be in it up to our ears for the most part. If we dont have taggers, let them hunt us and make it a shoot out. It takes what it takes.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
They will more than likely smack us into the middle of next week but in reality, we could very well be 4-2 as CIMM said and playing in a blockbuster at the G.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #18
Malthouse seems to think Yarran's hamstring tightness wasn't serious and he should be right. Having said that, he'll probably miss 3.  ;)

Carrazzo had back spasms which can last a few minutes or a few days. Hopefully he can get up and replace Lucas.

Reply #19
They will more than likely smack us into the middle of next week but in reality, we could very well be 4-2 as CIMM said and playing in a blockbuster at the G.
In the past, the ladder position and form of the two sides has mattered little. They hate each others guts and set themselves for these games. Right now I think we will get beaten based on form but come 5 minutes before the game, I reckon we will be a good chance to knock em off.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20

In the past, the ladder position and form of the two sides has mattered little. They hate each others guts and set themselves for these games.

I think the hating of guts comes more from supporters than players.. I also think you will find that the hatred has swung more to Essendon now from both supporter bases..  As far as the players go, they don't hate each other at all..

Reply #21
Carrazzo on Swan
McCaffer on Murphy
Pendlebury and Gibbs head to head

Hope that Sidebottom and Beames don't run amok! Maybe play Walker on one.

Tall order but history shows that we sometimes perform best in these types of matches when we are undermanned.

Reply #22
Hopefully subbing Yaz was more of a precaution than anything serious, desperately need army in if yarran isn't playing. hopefully Carrazzo is back, need him if we are any real chance of stopping their mids. Buckley should play, was initially dropped IMO because of a lack of match ups for him, but proved he can play with the bigger bodied teams.

Reply #23
Jamie Elliott...can we get someone to play on this bloke and stop him taking marks that he has no right to take.....

Reply #25
Malthouse seems to think Yarran's hamstring tightness wasn't serious and he should be right. Having said that, he'll probably miss 3.  ;)

Carrazzo had back spasms which can last a few minutes or a few days. Hopefully he can get up and replace Lucas.

I wouldnt play Yarran..as much as I would like to beat the Pies they will start short favourites IMO and I'd rather save Yarran
for games we are a better chance to win...

Reply #26
Jamie Elliott...can we get someone to play on this bloke and stop him taking marks that he has no right to take.....

You just know that either him or that little turd Blair are going to have a field day.  I watched how they took the Cheaters apart on Friday, just pressured them out of the game.  If we don't bring the intensity it will be a 15 goal loss.

Reply #27
Ye of such little faith. We might go down but we'll give them an almighty fright.

Reply #28
Our injuries + our inconsistent form throughout a game + Pies in considerable form + Pies with very few injuries = Carlton shellacking......

Nothing can be surer......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #29
Team with fanatical work rate vs Carlton typically = bad Carlton loss.

Though the Pies are due for a down game IMO.  Been up for a while.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?