Skip to main content
Topic: R7. Blues V Pies (Read 68048 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R7. Blues V Pies

Reply #30
Our injuries + our inconsistent form throughout a game + Pies in considerable form + Pies with very few injuries = Carlton shellacking......

Nothing can be surer......

Yes, I've been waiting all year for this.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #31
Just play everitt as a negating forward on Maxwell and we'll win easily.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #32
Our injuries + our inconsistent form throughout a game + Pies in considerable form + Pies with very few injuries = Carlton shellacking......

Nothing can be surer......

Thank-you Brettie, thank-you!  :D

You bring hope where before there was only despair, you are a shining light through the densest fog!  :)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
I usually attend these encounters with a sense of optimism......it's nothing but dread on this occasion. Even our very best won't win us this one.....if proven wrong, there won't be a happier bloke on earth than this jellybean, but just can't see it happening.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #34
Even our very best won't win us this one.....

Oh yes it will!
We're talking about Collingwood remember, get on top of them and they crumble.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #36
Even our very best won't win us this one.....

Oh yes it will!
We're talking about Collingwood remember, get on top of them and they crumble.

Like when the scum got on top of them on Anzac Day?

And like when we kicked 7 goals in the first quarter the last time we played them???
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #37
We need a serious dose of the underdog. Lets all commit and give us a snowflakes chance. Pump your Filth mates tyres and surrender. Let it filter through to the playing group that we have no faith.

It's our greatest weapon. Use it wisely!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #38
I am already sick to the stomach thinking  what their midfield will do to us. 

Could get ugly on Friday Night

Reply #39
I am already sick to the stomach thinking  what their midfield will do to us. 

Could get ugly on Friday Night

Ok - stop Swan, Pendlebury and Cloke and you win. Obviously easier said than done, so we need big bodies to go with them. I'd go with Carazzo on Swan,  Gibbs on Pendlebury, Beams v Murphy and hope that Robbo, Yarran, Simpson, Buckley, Scotland etc get enough of the ball. Jamison or Rowe to Cooke to expose their weak defence with Bolt, Henderson, Waite, Garrett and Menzel.

Reply #40
If we're 6 goals down and playing our usual crap we'll suddenly kick 5 quickly with a scintillating burst of run and skill out of no-where and  get close. Our ability to do that is recent years and often even win is venturing to trademark.  If we're 6 goals up we'll lapse and blow the lead with suddenly no run and sh1t skills.   Something that is also trademark.

Never a dull moment supporting Carlton. Never out of it when way behind, never safe when way in front.

Reply #41
Pendelbury, Beams, Swan .

Nice of them all to come good at once.

FMD

If we can play like we did in the first half we might escape with a 4 goal loss.

If they bring the swarm we'll struggle to hit a target let alone score.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #42
If we can win the midfield Cloke won't even be a factor.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #44
Seriously if people are not freighted about what potentially could happen Friday night you must be disillusioned. 

Explain to me how we are going to stop Beams, Pendles, Swan, Sidebottom.  The way Macaffer is going it’s a safer bet he ill impact the performance of one of our mids most likely the skipper. 

Elliet, Blair at least one always get a hold of us. 

I hope im wrong but im petrified.