Skip to main content
Topic: STOP!... (Read 13410 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: STOP!...

Reply #15
 ;D ;D ;D

Reply #17
Stop playing an extra man behind the ball.
Stop being so predictable that the opposition is always in position to intercept.
Stop playing favourites.
Stop playing one ruckman and a part-timer against teams with two genuine ruckmen.
Stop stifling talent and denying players the opportunity to be their best.
Stop refusing to accept that Ratten's use of some players produced better results.
Stop denying that Collingwood was right to appoint Buckley.
Stop employing assistant coaches with little to offer.
Stop paying overs for free agents that are past their best.
Stop claiming that high altitude training in Arizona provides a benefit.
Stop refusing to accept that the game has moved on while the gameplan hasn't.
Stop disrespecting media folk trying to do their jobs.
Stop refusing to take responsibility for poor performances.
Stop dragging our club down.

Ok, but that's all tactical stuff DJC. Our clubs problems are much more deeply seated at the strategic level. We are set up for a tilt at the flag when in reality we are nowhere near it talent-wise, both on and off the field. We need to be set up for the journey we really face not the imaginary one!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #18
What's the story with our very own Jack Russell: Dennis? I miss him. They had a young kid playing last night, gee he impressed - especially being interviewed. What is wrong with us blooding kids against the best? We are not developing but appear to be trying to stop the bleeding. In effect focusing on treatment and not the cure, stumbling along from fight to fight. 0 Vision.

Bell gets a game with a broken bone and Graham doesn't get a look in. Depressing really. So many passengers last night. Honest to God I cannot wait until trade and draft week to see what happens. No doubt there will be a spill of epic proportions. I honestly believe we need to cull the core of this list. Starting with:

Trade, delist Lucas, Jeffy, Kreuzer, Gibbs, Rowe....ah Jesus there are too many. Just don't give Gibbs a contract. He has no heart and squibs contests. Not someone who should be leading by example. Pathetic. Same for Lucas. Limp wristed stuff. Opposition teams must laugh when they see Lucas's name on the team sheet.

The other realisation I have come to is that Malthouse is too stubborn and needs to go. There. I've said it. Players and Coach are letting paying members down.

Just unleash them and play all the kids this year and get 20 games into them. No point playing players that you know you will delist anyway. F$uck em. Think of the draft instead. Forget the midfield, we need a defence and a key forward, Christ our defence is embarrassing.

The irony is that I am going to surprise my brother in law with a Guernsey signed by the entire Squad and Malthouse.  :D

I'll be eagerly attending the AGM again and encourage you to come along and see what the new President has to say. Will be VERY interesting.
Keep the Faith

Reply #19
The other realisation I have come to is that Malthouse is too stubborn and needs to go. There. I've said it. Players and Coach are letting paying members down.

Feel better now? :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #20
im 50:50 on my support for malthouse now.

Reply #21

Feel better now? :))

Hah. I was hoping you'd bite 8)

It's sad mate. It's not just Malthouse but completely systemic failure. What would be interesting is what a new president will do and a new coach. But gee at least 10 players need to be replaced.
Keep the Faith

Reply #22
Yep we were supposed to clean out the duds last year but let blokes like Laidler go and kept duds like Rowe and White. We let Betts go and got in Thomas. Now I understand Thomas hasn't been as bad as last night but 700k? He can't even kick 40m. 700k. Fk me. Those saying he will get fit and play midfield he is not an accumulator and never has been. He's an impact player, flashes in and out of games but at his best what he does do is outstanding and can win games of football and inspire greatness but if he can't kick 40m there has to be a reason and that could be the same thing that's slowing him down.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #23
Yep we were supposed to clean out the duds last year but let blokes like Laidler go and kept duds like Rowe and White. We let Betts go and got in Thomas. Now I understand Thomas hasn't been as bad as last night but 700k? He can't even kick 40m. 700k. Fk me. Those saying he will get fit and play midfield he is not an accumulator and never has been. He's an impact player, flashes in and out of games but at his best what he does do is outstanding and can win games of football and inspire greatness but if he can't kick 40m there has to be a reason and that could be the same thing that's slowing him down.

While we let young talent fester and give others such as Scotland get a game. Should never have been given an extra year. Says it all really.
Keep the Faith

Reply #24
Menzel on the bench again FFS. He's coaching for his reputation, not our future.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25

As Denis stated last night, Daisy was the wrong guy at the wrong time - a massive miscalculation by the club as to where it stood. Great as an impact player in a good team ready to challenge for a flag. Unfortunately we are far far from that.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #26
Menzel on the bench again FFS. He's coaching for his reputation, not our future.

True, yet others said last night that he doesn't have the tank for a full game. More worrying is why Graham is not given a game, but Bell is played with broken bones. Makes no sense. Again, drop players who do not meet standards (Lucas) and give youngsters a game (Buckley). I want heart and promise not regular insipid second efforts from so called leaders. If you want to set standards on our leaders, then add Curnow to the group. Comes on to try and stay on the pitch with a broken femur. What a bloody champion. Now stand Gibbs next to that. Enough said. At this rate we will loose to the Saints. Luckily the draft is meant to be a cracker :)
Keep the Faith

Reply #27
Lucas was useless.
Bell was next to useless.
Menzel on the bench.

Daisy was putrid .

But MM won't play people who will show him to be wrong.

He won't play anyone he's decided isn't up to it no matter how well they do in the Magoos .

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #28
Hinkley and Koch.

Two men, One basket case of a club.
Two seasons, top of the ladder.

Spill the board, deny the egotisical cash cows and invite true visionaries to the table.

x2

We are a club full of iron skull knobs and hired another as coach. He makes Menzel sub again LOL! Mick has to be smoking some heavy sh1t. I am in the sack him boat now, whether or not he thinks he knows what he is doing is not the point anymore because the players now believe he has not got the right game plan and play like it. Lost all interest for this year.

Reply #29
Stop paying some players ridiculous contracts whilst their team mates are paid minimum contracts...

This divides the playing list so they don't play for each other or the jumper.
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006