Skip to main content
Topic: Kreuzer Set To Blossom (Madden) - HUN (Read 22918 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Kreuzer Set To Blossom (Madden) - HUN

Reply #15
B.O.G    8)
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #16
Kreuzer was better but had the fumbles at ground level too often. He did work hard, but he needs some support too. From mids that have been brought into the squad as high draft picks or traded in.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #17
cant really compare those stats of 10+ years ago to today. totally different game.
ablett gets 40 possies a week, back then 20 possies was considered a good game.

irrelevant stats. im happy with his development. its probably the next 5 years people should really start to compare ruckman, the 25-30 age bracket imo.

Reply #18
cant really compare those stats of 10+ years ago to today. totally different game.
ablett gets 40 possies a week, back then 20 possies was considered a good game.

irrelevant stats. im happy with his development. its probably the next 5 years people should really start to compare ruckman, the 25-30 age bracket imo.

It's the next 5 years that are a worry. He isn't  overly blessed with any natural outstanding physical attribute other than a massive work ethic and ground coverage, but  given the way he plays the game and the workload he carries, how long before his ability to cover that same ground diminishes, what do you with him then.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #19
Kreuzer definitely got on top as Goldstein tired. A great confidence booster for him for sure. Looked worth his #1 pick status last night late in the game with some telling marks.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #20
Phenomenal performance from Kreuzer, his game saving marks reminded me of Kouta.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #21
Consistent performances like his 2nd half last night will make him a star !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #22
OMG.

One minute this kid is a spud, and rubbish as a number 1 pick, and all of a sudden over night he is worth his weight in gold ?? Hang on a moment guys and give him a few more games. Give him a chance to earn his overrated as number 1 pick all over again. I'm sure he will come good and drop form soon again. Don't drop your opinions based on one game. He only had one opponent so how good is he in all honesty. Shanked his easy effort in front of goal. Sure it was an angle but out of bounds on the full. Really ?? Can't any see his mistakes last night ? Don't forget he is only average as an AFL footballer right ? Isn't that what has been said ? He isn't a match winner. He didn't kick the winning goal. Just saved the game by saving a potential goal. Nothing more, nothing less. ;D

Reply #23
OMG.

One minute this kid is a spud, and rubbish as a number 1 pick, and all of a sudden over night he is worth his weight in gold ?? Hang on a moment guys and give him a few more games. Give him a chance to earn his overrated as number 1 pick all over again. I'm sure he will come good and drop form soon again. Don't drop your opinions based on one game. He only had one opponent so how good is he in all honesty. Shanked his easy effort in front of goal. Sure it was an angle but out of bounds on the full. Really ?? Can't any see his mistakes last night ? Don't forget he is only average as an AFL footballer right ? Isn't that what has been said ? He isn't a match winner. He didn't kick the winning goal. Just saved the game by saving a potential goal. Nothing more, nothing less. ;D

;D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #24
That was one of the best games from Kreuzer since his knee injury.

Goldstein won the hitouts decisively but Kreuzer was far more effective around the ground, particularly in the second half. His four contested marks, two at crucial times, are a huge improvement.

Kreuzer has the ability to rack up possessions around the ground but I am not sure if he knows where to position himself to do that.  Capuano was an OK tap ruckman but I don't really remember him doing much else.  If Kreuzer is to realize his potential, he needs a mentor or tutor to teach him how to position himself to give the defence a chop out, provide a link around the ground and drift forward and be an offensive threat.

Hampson and Warnock could/should be part of the class too.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #25
If he can repeat that effort another handful of times this season then I'm a believer.

Until then.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #26
MATTHEW KREUZER:
100 games, just turned 24
Averages 12 disposals, 3 marks, 17 hit outs
0.55 goals a game.

I'd like to see first 50 games vs second 50 games

Reply #27
That was one of the best games from Kreuzer since his knee injury.

Goldstein won the hitouts decisively but Kreuzer was far more effective around the ground, particularly in the second half. His four contested marks, two at crucial times, are a huge improvement.

Kreuzer has the ability to rack up possessions around the ground but I am not sure if he knows where to position himself to do that.  Capuano was an OK tap ruckman but I don't really remember him doing much else.  If Kreuzer is to realize his potential, he needs a mentor or tutor to teach him how to position himself to give the defence a chop out, provide a link around the ground and drift forward and be an offensive threat.

Hampson and Warnock could/should be part of the class too.

This is quite a good post, Kreuzer is a victim of his supreme stoppage skills. He has never had to do this stuff throughout his junior career because it was all forward of the stoppage.

I think Warnock just needs to actually get involved.

Hampson works around the ground well but needs to hang onto more marks.

I know his supporters will arc up, but Casboult needs to learn to ruck.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
Casboult needs to learn to kick first. If he gets that part of his game going he will be an asset like no other. Sure he has other small developing needs, but kicking goals would be his first need.

Reply #29
Based on his last 2 games, something seems to have clicked.

I'm expecting big things from Kreuzer ........  O0