Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide in Adelaide on Friday (Read 31484 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide in Adelaide on Friday

Reply #30
Play Watson...has to be given another chance. He has been a bit stiff or am I just dreaming. So slow of the start and awful reading the ball in the air.

Fully agree about Watson.

Play him out of the goal-square as a genuine leading forward and let's see how he goes.

"last chance to dance"
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #31
Don't agree with playing Watson.   Has had his chance.    

Reply #33
Don't agree with playing Watson.   Has had his chance.  

x2. Failed at every opportunity given.
If we lose too many bodies, I would give Watson a go. Provided he started forward and was left there for at least a half. He has only 1 chance left to save his career with us. Personally, I doubt that he can save his career, but I would not begrudge him the chance.
Garlett and Lucas are similarly at the crossroads. I think Lucas has had it, but if we don't have enough fit mids, then he must be given a chance. He, at east, has been getting plenty of the ball in the VFL. Others have not.
Garlett may end up staying, but that is no certainty. If Menzel doesn't come up, and I would err on the side of caution with someone who is so important to our future, then Garlett is the logical replacement.
None of these guys DESERVE a game, but if they are necessary, then they should be played.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #34
Id much prefer to give Watson a run up forward before letting him go.

Reply #35
Shizen!

I heard a rumor yesterday that SpecialK would get a run in Adelaide after "Kruising" through the VFL match without even raising a puff. Some reported he looked like he could have played two games!

I thought that rumor just cannot be true, but sure enough it's on the club website today!

Blues might call on Kreuzer
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Madness !!

Leave him playing in the seconds for the remainder of the season, have a huge pre-season and then come out all guns blazing in the new year. 

Reply #37
Madness !!

Leave him playing in the seconds for the remainder of the season, have a huge pre-season and then come out all guns blazing in the new year.

Carlton has a history of madness recently!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
Shizen!

I heard a rumor yesterday that SpecialK would get a run in Adelaide after "Kruising" through the VFL match without even raising a puff. Some reported he looked like he could have played two games!

I thought that rumor just cannot be true, but sure enough it's on the club website today!

Blues might call on Kreuzer

Wowee! Maybe we're in a hurry to see how Kreuz is going as we may be indeed planning to off-load/trade Warnock? Wood has proved to be adequate so far and with Kreuz back and firing we would be covered?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #39
Reckon we might get our butts handed back to us in a brown paper bag this weekend, struggling for enough fit players to field a team has to breakdown sooner or later.

Port are desperate for a good win right now before the finals. 

Reply #40
Reckon we might get our butts handed back to us in a brown paper bag this weekend, struggling for enough fit players to field a team has to breakdown sooner or later.

Overdue for a backwards step, is that what you are hinting at?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
If we win this, or even go close, I'm officially on the MM bandwagon.  ;D ;D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #43
If we win this, or even go close, I'm officially on the MM bandwagon.  ;D ;D

How long until Carrots says that? :)

I'm already on! I said a few weeks back when Juddy endorsed the direction the club was going that that was enough for me.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #44

Overdue for a backwards step, is that what you are hinting at?

Not at all hinting that way, we've nearly run out of personnel, it has to break down sooner or later.