Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide in Adelaide on Friday (Read 31477 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide in Adelaide on Friday

Reply #60
The only reason I see for playing Kruezer in the last few games is perhaps for the kids own confidence. He has been battered from pillar to post injury wise, he himself probably wants to get a few games under the belt and go into the preseason knowing he can still play the game and his body is right.

I can see the argument for playing him but it is definitely a two edged sword and a bit of a gamble. How well is he recovered and if he got injured again and it disrupted his preparation for next year that could be a major setback for him. Is that risk worth taking to get him back into things in our last couple of games this year which are non critical? I guess only he and the club know the answer to that.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #61
No to Kruezer playing...dumb move IMO and he should be on ice till next season, ditto with Thomas and Menzel.
You protect your investments, you dont risk them on small or in this  case no return.....

Reply #62
Don't agree with playing Watson.   Has had his chance.  

x2. Failed at every opportunity given.

I'll disagree there. He's actually played some decent footy on the seniors before the two shockers at his only two goes this year. We know he's actually played better in the AFL than the VFL.

Certainly hasn't failed at every opportunity.

Reply #63
@ Thry
^
What they said ;) :D

For Kruezer.....The worst thing to happen would be anything that might result in him not getting a full pre-season.

While there's a chance he could get an injury during that phase it's more likely under match conditions where both Port and Essendon are looking to consolidate the best finals places.

Reply #64
The only reason I see for playing Kruezer in the last few games is perhaps for the kids own confidence. He has been battered from pillar to post injury wise, he himself probably wants to get a few games under the belt and go into the preseason knowing he can still play the game and his body is right.

Not just for SpecialK, I am not saying that it is, but it could also be advertising. For trade week!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #65
Kreuz is obviously very keen and why wouldn't he be, watching his mates run around and showing great form while he's been working to get himself right. Objectively it would be better if he didn't play but things aren't always like that so I would be happy to see him get some reward for his rehab effort. I would make him sub, take a bet both ways.

Reply #66
I will be on the hill cheering and DON'T want to see Kruz playing... unless we are going to trade him in the off season!  >:D

Reply #67
I would make him sub, take a bet both ways.
That is not as silly as it sounds, he can play as a midfielder and is useful at both ends of the ground.

Bring in Holman, tell him he has at best 3/4s and don't hold back!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68
That is not as silly as it sounds, he can play as a midfielder and is useful at both ends of the ground.

Yes, he can play there. Just not very well.

When 100% he adds as a ruck but not purely in those roles. I just don't see the value.

Reply #69

Yes, he can play there. Just not very well.

When 100% he adds as a ruck but not purely in those roles. I just don't see the value.

x2

We tried making Judd the sub and that ended in tears....why play three ruckman anyway?....

Reply #70
We tried making Judd the sub and that ended in tears....why play three ruckman anyway?....

Do we have three ruckmen, do we have anybody left?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #71
My educated guess

Johnson, Holman and Lucas in.......Thomas (inj), Ellard (inj) Armfield (inj) out....

Reply #72
Did anyone go to the training hit out today? If so was Special K training and anybody else out of the norm?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #73
Meat is cooked and should be left at FF from now on and bringing MK back will allow that.

Reply #74
My educated guess

Johnson, Holman and Lucas in.......Thomas (inj), Ellard (inj) Armfield (inj) out....

My uneducated guess.....as above. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!