Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide in Adelaide on Friday (Read 31479 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide in Adelaide on Friday

Reply #90
Can't see Menzel getting up for this game.  Armfield to be late inclusion

Yep probably just a trip home to visit the folks for Menzel, but I am not sure Armfield will come in did he travel with the team?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #91
Call me pessimistic but I am expecting the CFC roller coaster to continue. After some solid performance where the boys impressed without taking the chocolates, I am expecting the customary stinker this week. We will then follow up with a ball biter performance against the Cheating Scum next week.
C'est la vie!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #92
Call me pessimistic but I am expecting the CFC roller coaster to continue. After some solid performance where the boys impressed without taking the chocolates, I am expecting the customary stinker this week. We will then follow up with a ball biter performance against the Cheating Scum next week.
C'est la vie!

I reckon the old CFC would have fallen back to our old ways. This is different. They've got pride now and are playing for each other now. Culture building. They won't ease up now. Bloody fantastic.
Keep the Faith

Reply #93
I'd expect Port to beat us given the incentive they have to win and our very young team this week....all I want is a competitive effort and our kids to do well. Its important to get games into Sheehan, Holman, Graham, Johnson etc and Malthouse is doing the right thing by playing them all.
This is the start of 2015 and thats how we have to view it and not get too down if we lose...

Reply #94
C'est la vie!

I don't think it will happen, if it does then the last four weeks have been for nothing.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #95
Yep, the main thig this week for us is HOW we play and whether we are competitive for 4Qs. Also important is how well our senior guys support, encourage and lead the young blokes.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #96
I'll give 'em a good talking to at half time if they are not cutting the mustard chaps.

It should be a cracker Fri night game. Pumped! Pre game beers imminent...  :)

Reply #97
About 1/3 of our starting 21 missing... this should be quite a challenge!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #98
But we still have the cream out there Baggers ie Judd, Gibbs, Murphy, Carrazzo, Simpson, Waite, Yarran. Port have been just plodding lately and had a tough game in the wet last week plus have to back up off a six day break. That said our boys could also be flat after being three men down last week. I still think we are up to it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #99
Gee I am hoping they don't disappoint us tonight.  Don't care if we lose, but want effort. Can't complain when they do that. 

Reply #100
This is the start of 2105...
Fork me I wont be around thats for sure, MM might still be though. Fletcher might still be playing for the Cheating Filth also;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #101
Fork me I wont be around thats for sure, MM might still be though. Fletcher might still be playing for the Cheating Filth also;D
yep and Denis and Bruce will still be commentating on C7

Reply #102

Edited to 2015.....although it feels like I have been waiting 100 years for a premiership ... :-[

Reply #103

Edited to 2015.....although it feels like I have been waiting 100 years for a premiership ... :-[

Say that again brother :-X

Reply #104
They just showed highlights from last years game V PA.
Gave me goosebumps. Hope the lads can show some guts like that again tonight.