Skip to main content
Topic: Baby Blues vs Coburg on Sunday at Preston (Read 14350 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Baby Blues vs Coburg on Sunday at Preston

Reply #15
2013 AFL Victoria Development League
Northern Blues   1.6  7.7  9.8  14.11 (95)
Coburg Tigers   6.1  7.10  9.13  11.13 (79)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Dorman 6 Petroro 2 Visser 2 Soncin  Bonaddio  Lincoln  Dufficy
Coburg Tigers: Robinson 2 Grgic 2 Murphy  Bean  Saad  Saad  Keenan  Cleary  Keogh

BEST:
Northern Blues: Meese Dorman Valladares Visser Lincoln Dufficy
Coburg Tigers: Keogh Egglestone Robertella Linton Murphy Yelland

Good start.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #16
Blues won by 58. Casboult 3, Bell 2 + 33 possies. Graham had 32.

Would love to see Graham play next week against Freo. Rest Lucas maybe.

Good suggestion... I, also would like to see Graham given a go at the highest level. Hope Dinger continues to learn, his big body will be important going forward. Reckon Meat is a monty replace Rowe for the D1ckers game.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #17
2013 Peter Jackson VFL
Northern Blues   2.3  8.11  11.13  17.16 (118)
Coburg Tigers   2.1  3.1  7.4  9.6 (60)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Casboult 3 Thomas 3 Bell 2 Lambert 2 Marcon  Dale  Warnock  Wilson  Menzel  Graham  Duigan

BEST:
Northern Blues: Lambert Graham Duigan Bransgrove Davies Warnock

Not much data yet. More to come as I find it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #18
I would consider Bell but not Graham...Freo have big mids and we need the extra size of Bell to combat them.

Lucas has to play...was poor vs GC but wont learn anything from that by being sent back to the twos, his previous from has been ok and I want to see him do will this week and show some character...good players usually play well after a poor game and its a good test for him.

Reply #19
When is Graham going to get his chance? I was shocked when he wasn't even named as an emergency last week !!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #20
Carlton-listed players in descending order of usefulness against poor opposition in good conditions.

The first 7 played well enough to be considered for senior selection next round if there are any vacancies.

Nick Graham = Very good first half – almost as good in the second - only Lambert was ahead of him for BOG
Nick Duigan = Played as a lead up forward and impressed with his speed, marking and endeavour
Levi Casboult = Some useful ruckwork but particularly good in marking contests and his kicking looked better than at any other time since he arrived at the club – not just accuracy but his whole approach to set shots at goal looked deliberate and confident
Robert Warnock = One of his better games – good in the ruck and more than useful around the ground
Tom Bell = Good game but not our best midfielder
Jeremy Laidler = Played in defence and looked much more at home
Aaron Joseph = Typically good game in defence

Marcus Davies = Typically solid defensive effort
Troy Menzel = Some brilliance but quite a lot of invisibility in between times
Tom Temay = Played quite well today, especially in the first half – probably the best game I have seen from him
Rhys O’Keeffe = Played with dash and vigour – best game back from his long lay off
Frazer Dale = Looks accomplished in the air and has good balance – worthwhile contributor
Dylan Buckley = Some brilliance but lots of invisibility in between times
Luke Mitchell = Should have played in the early game again – spent no more than 50% of the game on the ground and managed one kick off the ground – a bollard would have been as useful and almost as fast

Reply #21
I would consider Bell but not Graham...Freo have big mids and we need the extra size of Bell to combat them.

Lucas has to play...was poor vs GC but wont learn anything from that by being sent back to the twos, his previous from has been ok and I want to see him do will this week and show some character...good players usually play well after a poor game and its a good test for him.

Now you're talking EB1...it's no secret I like Lucas for the years to come...makes a few Blues now...but he keeps getting the pill (although not yesterday)....nice to have you on board!

Reply #22
I'd play Graham as the sub.

Eddie coming on late the other day showed the value of a clever player late in the game.

Not a fan of Cachia coming on as sub, at this point in his career he's a stopper learning.

Plus against the Dockers the ball use will have to be MUCH MUCH better than we've shown recently.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #23
Not a fan of Cachia coming on as sub, at this point in his career he's a stopper learning.

It was baffling enough the first time. To me it's a negative mindset to have a stopper as the sub unless they're coming back from injury, especially in a side that already contains Carrazzo, Curnow and Maclean.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #24
Carlton-listed players in descending order of usefulness against poor opposition in good conditions.

The first 7 played well enough to be considered for senior selection next round if there are any vacancies.

Nick Graham = Very good first half – almost as good in the second - only Lambert was ahead of him for BOG
Nick Duigan = Played as a lead up forward and impressed with his speed, marking and endeavour
Levi Casboult = Some useful ruckwork but particularly good in marking contests and his kicking looked better than at any other time since he arrived at the club – not just accuracy but his whole approach to set shots at goal looked deliberate and confident
Robert Warnock = One of his better games – good in the ruck and more than useful around the ground
Tom Bell = Good game but not our best midfielder
Jeremy Laidler = Played in defence and looked much more at home
Aaron Joseph = Typically good game in defence

Marcus Davies = Typically solid defensive effort
Troy Menzel = Some brilliance but quite a lot of invisibility in between times
Tom Temay = Played quite well today, especially in the first half – probably the best game I have seen from him
Rhys O’Keeffe = Played with dash and vigour – best game back from his long lay off
Frazer Dale = Looks accomplished in the air and has good balance – worthwhile contributor
Dylan Buckley = Some brilliance but lots of invisibility in between times
Luke Mitchell = Should have played in the early game again – spent no more than 50% of the game on the ground and managed one kick off the ground – a bollard would have been as useful and almost as fast
Thanks for the report, RR. Some good news: Graham, Duigan, Bell and Laidler, for example. Not so good news about Buckley and Mitchell. Nichevo.

I'm glad Tom Temay played decently. He played pretty well last week in the shocking conditions at Box Hill. Now he's done a bit in good conditions. He seems to be moving forward, after a very slow start to the year.

I'm really surprised that Richmond, sorry, Coburg, were so ordinary. They had been pretty good and had a lot of Richmond guys named (I have no idea how many actually played). But you can only play what they put out on the day, so I'm pretty pleased by the result.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #25

Bell needs to put a case forward and has struggled for most of the year. It's disappointing as from all reports he has a big tank, size and can be aggressive. However, he may well be perceived as being "one-paced" and as lacking awareness in traffic.

Surely Casboult comes in for Rowe this week?? Whilst he offers team flexibiliy, he simply couldn't mark the ball on the weekend and if you do that against quality sides the ball will rebound out of our forward 50 with interest! Subject to availability, I'd be bringing both McInnes and Casboult into the side to face the Dockers for Rowe and one other.

Reply #26
Bell has not been afforded opportunities as have simple. One paced seriously?    Learning mm game yeap can get that. Must get some games before the end of the year.

Reply #27
I wonder how the Swans manage with talls Mumford, Pyke, White and Tippet where we make-shift with our second ruck

Reply #28
I wonder how the Swans manage with talls Mumford, Pyke, White and Tippet where we make-shift with our second ruck
Mumford, White, Pkye and Tippett aren't useless outside the centre circle.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #29
@RR
Interesting report RR, many thanks. Especially encouraged to read about O'Keefe who I'd pretty much discounted as gorn. Maybe he will turn it around and do a Brock McLean??
Reality always wins in the end.