Skip to main content
Topic: Pass Mark 2015 (Read 66120 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pass Mark 2015

Reply #45
Not quite focused on ladder position for the moment.

For me, a pass would be :
- stringing together 4,5, maybe in my wildest dreams even six wins on the trot.
- knocking over two of the sides that will likely finish top 4 - Swans, Hawks Frockers etc.
- 4 quarters of sustained effort, week in, week out
- consolidation of form of players like White, Rowe, Gibbs - no sliding backwards please.

That'll do for now.

That's a top 4 side  ;)

Is it ?

Reply #46
How many sides beat half the top 4, win 5/6 games in a row and play 4 quarters each week that don't finish in the top 4?

(I think Richmond last year came close but you wouldn't say they came to play each week, they didn't even turn up for the first half of the year)

Reply #47
How many sides beat half the top 4, win 5/6 games in a row and play 4 quarters each week that don't finish in the top 4?

None of them. Achieve the above and we would be happy as a pig in crap. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #48
In recent years, we've played some ok footy in a fairly inconsistent manner, made finals, even managed to win a final, managed to beat most sides below us, a few on par with us, and hardly any above. This has been a consistent pattern for a while. I'm not suggesting we're the only ones with this pattern, but it does really give me the sh*1s that it's been going on for so long. In a word, stagnation.

I would love to see us achieve things we haven't in ages, hence the references to successive wins and the occasional victory over a top side.

I don't know why, but the idea of us limping into the finals, with the same patchy win loss record, the same early exit etc., doesn't do it for me this time around. No doubt many will disagree.

Reply #49
In recent years, we've played some ok footy in a fairly inconsistent manner, made finals, even managed to win a final, managed to beat most sides below us, a few on par with us, and hardly any above. This has been a consistent pattern for a while. I'm not suggesting we're the only ones with this pattern, but it does really give me the sh*1s that it's been going on for so long. In a word, stagnation.

I would love to see us achieve things we haven't in ages, hence the references to successive wins and the occasional victory over a top side.

I don't know why, but the idea of us limping into the finals, with the same patchy win loss record, the same early exit etc., doesn't do it for me this time around. No doubt many will disagree.

I agree. if we go down the track of incremental improvement - limp in 8, get to 6, then top 4 then a Preliminary etc - it will do my head in...but more importantly, will not take us to a Premiership

I want to see a en entirely new playing list that plays very aggressive footy that takes no prisoners.

I want an entirely new spine

I would not be concerned if we dont make top 8 this year.. I expect improvements in about 2 years.

Reply #50
Finals.

Reply #51
Flag
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
Top 14

Reply #53
Top 18 :D

Reply #56
Beat Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #58
Beat Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney

Lose to Melbourne!
This will sound bizzare but if we beat those 3 and lost to Melb, I would take that. Having said that, if we beat Syd, Haw and Geel in 2015, I will bet both my family jewels we wont be losing to Melb.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #59
Take care with what you gamble with GIC. The season we won our last flag, I think we lost to the bottom 2 teams. I can't remember if it was Sydney and St Kilda at the time. Losing to Melbourne and Bulldogs is just too hard to stomach.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.