Skip to main content
Topic: "Blues Must 'Have A Hard Look At Themselves" - AFL.COM.AU (Read 19964 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: "Blues Must 'Have A Hard Look At Themselves" - AFL.COM.AU

Reply #30
The talk before the game was that he could miss because he hurt a knee at training.

Murphy's not fit - they showed vision of him training the day before the game and he slightly twisted and was in agony hobbling through a simple run and kick.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #31
you have to wonder why the appointment is made AFTER the season has started....

It's hardly a new problem!

Exactly - the horse has well and truly bolted.  Should of been fixed years ago.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #32
I agree about endorsing the coach - this is standard issue stuff from players these days.

What I have an issue with are his comments (brief and paraphrased as they are) regarding our recruiting and trades (the last 2 sentences of the article).

Looks like more towing the company line... as Judd does.

Reply #34
Looks like more towing the company line... as Judd does.

You're right IOT - it is this week's official CFC policy. But it is tantamount to dissing some of his current teammates, and dissing recruiters and other at the club. As much as I love Judd, it is out of any players jurisdiction to be making public his thoughts on these issues. Behind closed doors, by all means, let fly like Mussolini from the tower, give everybody both barrels. Just don't do it publicly.

Judd walks in rarefied air, but he is still a servant of the CFC.   

Reply #35
Forget having a hard look in the mirror....We need a harder captain and some harder players, ...

Reply #36
Not surprising.

General consensus is Ratten's blood was on their hands, and now it looks like a few are ensuring this ends up the same.

I hope the club has figured out that this group care more about themselves than they do each other or the jumper.

Nothing seems to have changed. Or any slight improvement the group has made pales in insignificance, compared to the other clubs in the comp.

How many coaches will it take?

I'm still of the opinion we should just get the best available assistant out there as the next coach (once Mick is shown the door).

Reply #37
Forget having a hard look in the mirror....We need a harder captain and some harder players, ...

And footy Ops manager and List manager that are insightful, tough and ruthless. They MUST be the bosses.
Everyone is putting crap on MM but the club and structure needs to be solid.
The coach should only be the icing on the cake, not making recruiting and list decisions.

The Hawks, Cats and Swans worked this out years ago.

Reply #38
And footy Ops manager and List manager that are insightful, tough and ruthless. They MUST be the bosses.
Everyone is putting crap on MM but the club and structure needs to be solid.
The coach should only be the icing on the cake, not making recruiting and list decisions.

The Hawks, Cats and Swans worked this out years ago.

i would trade out Andrew Mckay as well...

Reply #39
i would trade out Andrew Mckay as well...

I would love to see an non Carlton person in this position.

45 -50 Years old, who does not care if the coach doesn't like his decisions, and is happy to tell the coach what is expected.

Reply #40
I would love to see an non Carlton person in this position.

45 -50 Years old, who does not care if the coach doesn't like his decisions, and is happy to tell the coach what is expected.

and is also not a premiership player mate of the president...

Reply #41
The present crisis is ultimately a massive test for the President and CEO of our club and the final wash-up will be a demonstration of their calibre. We are at the tipping point of the new era, whether it is going to be more successful or just more mediocrity is up to them, a very heavy responsibility.

Best case outcome, we face a few more years of hard work and patience, worst case we face an unknown period of more of the same pain and uncertainty.

Sacking/not renewing MM is a looong way from being a complete solution and if just that happens without the other vital reforms and everyone breathes a sigh of relief and sits back again to enjoy the ride with a replacement coach, then heaven help us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #43
The present crisis is ultimately a massive test for the President and CEO of our club and the final wash-up will be a demonstration of their calibre. We are at the tipping point of the new era, whether it is going to be more successful or just more mediocrity is up to them, a very heavy responsibility.

Best case outcome, we face a few more years of hard work and patience, worst case we face an unknown period of more of the same pain and uncertainty.

Sacking/not renewing MM is a looong way from being a complete solution and if just that happens without the other vital reforms and everyone breathes a sigh of relief and sits back again to enjoy the ride with a replacement coach, then heaven help us.

agree....imo there a more board changes that are needed, new internal people required...new players, massive development program at the reserves...the entire Business of the club needs much more work...

Reply #44

This was supposed to happen at the end of Ratten's term but if it found that there was mismanagement then that might not have fit well with the people who just wanted to go with their gut and stay in power.