Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round #7: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks  (Read 39671 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round #7: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks

Reply #120
Yes the same applies to White, Tuohy, Rowe and Jamison.

But it also poses a question, why is Docherty so good in 2015, he must be seriously talented?

He's good.

I think his role is a bit different to the others.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #121
Docherty has definitely come on this year, could just be a seriously talented player.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #122
He's good.

I think his role is a bit different to the others.

He is a ripper. We need to find 2-3 more of these types from opposition clubs.

Reply #123
He is a ripper. We need to find 2-3 more of these types from opposition clubs.

So you have given up on us developing our own? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #124
So you have given up on us developing our own? :o

We need some balance and more Docherty types would hasten our rise up the ladder, not easy to acquire but if we get 1st pick in the PSD we might be able to
steal one for nothing...ie I'd rather James Aish for free in the PSD than use my precious ND draft picks.
Not that I am a fan of Aish but thats the sort of deal we need to be doing to cover our Ar$e too...if Aish didnt work out then its no big deal and cost us nothing to try...

Reply #125
Docherty has definitely come on this year, could just be a seriously talented player.

I think he has always played well for us. Finished top 10 in the B+F last year.
There may have been a bit of a drop off in form towards the end of the year, but he's been pretty solid for us since day 1.

Reply #126
I think he has always played well for us. Finished top 10 in the B+F last year.
There may have been a bit of a drop off in form towards the end of the year, but he's been pretty solid for us since day 1.
Docherty made an impression last year, after a slowish start. However, he didn't look to be elite because he made some very bad errors in close games: he didn't handle the occasion well. The difference this year is twofold:
[1] Increase in poise under pressure.
[2] Consistency
This year he has often been the last man in the chain and done something relatively good under pressure. This year he has not kicked the ball on the full under pressure or not. This year he has had a mention in the votes almost every week. This year his defensive skills and ability to intercept the ball in the air have been on show.
He has stepped up.
I still think he can produce better, but he is one of the few who really appear to care this season. He has been a particularly good pickup. If Brisbane have any more of his type, they will be gratefully accepted.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #127
Docherty made an impression last year, after a slowish start. However, he didn't look to be elite because he made some very bad errors in close games: he didn't handle the occasion well. The difference this year is twofold:
[2] Consistency
This year he has often been the last man in the chain and done something relatively good under pressure. This year he has not kicked the ball on the full under pressure or not. This year he has had a mention in the votes almost every week. This year his defensive skills and ability to intercept the ball in the air have been on show.
He has stepped up.
I still think he can produce better, but he is one of the few who really appear to care this season. He has been a particularly good pickup. If Brisbane have any more of his type, they will be gratefully accepted.

People are ignoring this because the point is Malthouse was hindering our developement.

Most appreciate Docherty's abilities on here regardless though.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #128
[2] Consistency
He has stepped up.

Many of Doc's issues last year came in big pressure moments in games. After a few of tbem, it looked like his confidence was rocked. He's definitely come through it now but sadly, there have been few times when scoreboard pressure has been involved this year so hopefully he continues to stand up when it does.

Reply #129
Many of Doc's issues last year came in big pressure moments in games. After a few of tbem, it looked like his confidence was rocked. He's definitely come through it now but sadly, there have been few times when scoreboard pressure has been involved this year so hopefully he continues to stand up when it does.

I reckon almost every one of his issues last year came at pressure moments, but only near the end of the game when he was cooked. Didn't have a pre-season and was still reasonably young to start with.

I thought he looked much more assured this year because of his improved fitness.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................