Skip to main content
Topic: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide After Game Thread (Read 43553 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide After Game Thread

Reply #90
They had 9 more scoring shots than us and won by 9 points. Deal with the facts.

Converting opportunties and inside 50s into scoring shots is good football.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #91

We had 100 more possessions, their coach conceded Adelaide should probably have lost, he thought in just a few moment Carlton lost the match more than Adelaide won it!

300% improvement since the departure of Malthouse, football worth watching!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #92

Wouldn't that mean we played the better football ?

Do they have stats for this ? Scoring efficiency or some such ?

Reply #93

We had a number of shots that went out of the full, stuff-ups 10 metres from goal that causing 12 pt turnarounds. That doesn't count though as it doesn't suit your argument. 9 scoring shots doesn't necessarily mean a side played way better footy. Most misses were in the 2nd qtr. If they missed a heap in the last qtr it might be more applicable. Game was most competitive thoughout, especially in the last half. They weren't necessarily better than us then, as  anyone with eyesight could see if they were watching, maybe just more composed.

Reply #94
The stuff ups do back up my argument. Getting lots of the ball and not using it well is poor football.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #95
Why bother? Any old fool can see there was a massive improvement in both gameplan and intensity. We played some great footy and showed that maybe our team does have some talent and is capable of much better. I for one am pining for our next game cannot believe we have a bye next week!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #96
Why bother? Any old fool can see there was a massive improvement in both gameplan and intensity. We played some great footy and showed that maybe our team does have some talent and is capable of much better. I for one am pining for our next game cannot believe we have a bye next week!

I'm actually happy we have the bye next week, get some players healthy work on some more changes to the game. Gives Kruezer and Cripps some decent recovery. Hopefully Gibbs and Jammo are right to go next weekend and can have a run in the NBs

Reply #97
Just another side note, anyone who was watching the game at home, how good was Eddie's calling. Sure he is Collingwood but his emotion in this game was all for Carlton, the mark Kreuzer took, Eddie called early and you would have thought it was for the game. Then late in the third I had to check what quarter we were in because of Eddies passion for the close game. I makes a refreshing change from the backslapping of the Friday night team or when we get a Dwayne Russell / Brian Taylor lead commentary team.

My mate and I said exactly the same thing. He is a great caller when not calling the Pies.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #98
The stuff ups do back up my argument. Getting lots of the ball and not using it well is poor football.

You thought their bad kicking cost them a much easier win. That's what you were getting at. It didn't. Now it's something suddenly backing up your theory. You were wrong like you have been again and again and again. Admit it, you backed the wrong horse. Spinning it to suit your argument will just make it look worse and you look silly.

Actually, just watched some of the 1999 GF on Ch.7 Footy Flashbacks. We had the same amount of scoring shots as North Melbourne. Could've won or played a draw if we kicked straight according to your stupid theory.

Reply #99
My mate and I said exactly the same thing. He is a great caller when not calling the Pies.

He also knows how important for the competition to have Carlton up and about.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #100
You thought their bad kicking cost them a much easier win. That's what you were getting at. It didn't. Now it's something suddenly backing up your theory. You were wrong like you have been again and again and again. Admit it, you backed the wrong horse. Spinning it to suit your argument will just make it look worse and you look silly.

Actually, just watched some of the 1999 GF on Ch.7 Footy Flashbacks. We had the same amount of scoring shots as North Melbourne. Could've won or played a draw if we kicked straight according to your stupid theory.

It's not theory, it's the way the game is scored. 6 points if you're accurate, 1 if you're not.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #101
And 0 when it goes out on the full which it did quite a few times.

And 0 also when you kick into a player when going for goal.

That game was so even the entire game - that's why it was so good.  We played really well and should've won but didn't for a variety of reasons.  It was not a one sided game like you're suggesting and we were 'lucky to be in it' - we had it, it was ours - and if we didn't have that dick MM for the past two years and had a coach that actually instilled confidence in his players, we may very well have gone on with it.

Onwards and upwards - I for one was bloody proud yesterday and it's been a helluva long time since I've been at the footy, up on my feet, getting tingles as the crowd is trying to get the boys over the line.  Loved it.  So hope they keep it up.

But yes, you stick with your theory that we were crap and Adelaide kept us in it through their bad kicking - I'm actually not sure they had one entry into the F50 that didn't score.

Reply #102
pleased we are playing better but what still bothers me is that we still go the long bomb into fwd line to a pack. did you see lynch 2 goalsin the last q it was kicked to correct side and it was 1v1 why cant we do this.

Reply #103
who was that masked man ? or masked men ? - the ones playing in navy blue yesterday

i cant remember being prouder of those men in navy blue - the fact that in the face of adversity (juddys knee) they were able to compose themselves and continue makes me proud - in fact juddy leaving the game did not seem to phase them at all

even better is seeing the red and black mob being in the medias spotlight instead of us

Reply #104
A loss is still a loss, we're just getting a bit excited because we've been beyond bad this season and yesterday's loss was more respectable.
The most pleasing thing was that we had lots of contributors, even our lesser lights like Armfield, Tutt and Graham put their hands up at various times during the game, but whether we can muster the same effort over four quarters against one of the better teams remains to be seen.
After the last month any loss under 5 goals is a massive improvement but I'll be waiting until we play some good sides after the bye before I say we've turned the corner, personally I think there's still some heavy losses coming over the next 12 rounds.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.