Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers  (Read 50718 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers

Oh well, our skills were deplorable but we still battled for four quarters and never gave up. Hard to win with passengers like Yarran and those umps cost us at least three goals.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Re: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers

Reply #1
What is wrong with andreas everitt? Looks fine when he gets on the end of an easy kick but otherwise plays like he's mentally retarded. Does not have any urgency, won't shepherd, can't tackle, won't run to pressure the opposition - just jogs, no capability for team play at all. Just a putrid player. Nobody seems to notice though.

Wanted to quote this in here. He is great offensively but he has no defensive side to his game, some pathetic attempts to tackle.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Let's face it. Neither team decorated themselves in glory. Wasn't a great game to watch. 6th playing 16th. A couple of junk time goals. Early injuries to us. Not a terrible result all things considered. I was expecting much worse.

If we converted those early shots, who knows ?

Oh well.

Reply #3
There was a win in that game for a better team than us.

Reply #4
Was that Hampson's best ever game?

Reply #5
Can someone please pm me regarding what's wrong with Yaz please? He used to be my absolute favourite player and I just don't know what to think anymore

Reply #7
Tonights game.

Yarran is a big problem.
Umpires need to go to spec savers.
Kreuzer busts his arse, and even though he isn't a great ruck others need to follow in his foot steps with his one percenters.
Rowe and Jamo need to be fit each and every game.
Fields needs more games, but he needs to put some effort into his actions. This is AFL, not VFL.
Cotchin is a dirty prick. He grabbed Murphy by the short and curlies early in the game. That is just not on. Dirty smelly little scum bag.

Very, very angry with our game tonight. It really was a game we could have won, if we didn't turn the ball over every second disposal.  >:(

It was an ugly game to say the least. Henderson needs to do something to be more creative. Otherwise he is better off going to Geelong and getting us some compensation in return. Well done trying hard tonight Levi. Well done Simo as usual. Tutt better game than what you usually deliver. 2E wake up. Marking is not an art. White, you can be expected to be first defender too often. You try hard but without other talls to assist, you are in a position to be worked over. Everitt get your work rate in order or p1ss off. Gibbs, you need to create more. Seriously, you have been around long enough.

Menzel, I am not sure what to say. Like a fish out of water at the moment. Give him time, but he needs to deliver more than we currently see.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #8
Given that the Tigers have top 8, or top 4 aspirations, they ought to be more worried about that game than us. Maybe they never got out of second gear, but they weren't terribly convincing to me. Rance and Riewoldt make all the difference.

Reply #9
Other clubs have worked out our run and carry game and closing us down. Defensive scraps aren't our strong point as we tend in turn it over in those types of games alot. Barker's first test is to be able to work our way through that.

As for goalkicking there's an argument that it cost us last week's game (maybe) and stopped us from making this a much closer contest. It MUST be rectified! We're due an easy week on the training track so use it to goal kick, goal kick, goal kick. It murders you in low scoring scraps where goals are at a premium. 15.31 in the last two games.

Reply #10
Can someone explain FA to me... Apparently higher clubs pinch players from lower postioned clubs, who get picks to help them rebuild.

So we lose our only true forward, who apparently wasn't worth any compensation....

Is it just me or is the AFL toying with us?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #11
Problem remains our bottom 5 or so players. White, Wood, Tutt & Fields (on tonight's evidence) look very much like solid VFL players, but very average AFL reps. Missed handpasses in general play killed us, along some very poor field kicking from Carazzo and Yarran in particular.

Reply #12
Tall order with your two key defenders missing against a team who has two genuine key forward.

Reply #13
In the last two weeks we've held sides to a losing score (19 goals total) but haven't been able to capitalise. 12 goals in two weeks is deplorable. Hendo has lost the plot, maybe not wanting to hurt himself before going to the Cats? Yazz and Menzel have been very ordinary. Everitt can only play loose on the forward line, is way too timid to be a hard and defensive player.

Freo and the Dawks over the next two weeks. Gulp.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #14
In the last two weeks we've held sides to a losing score (19 goals total) but haven't been able to capitalise. 12 goals in two weeks is deplorable. Hendo has lost the plot, maybe not wanting to hurt himself before going to the Cats? Yazz and Menzel have been very ordinary. Everitt can only play loose on the forward line, is way too timid to be a hard and defensive player.

Freo and the Dawks over the next two weeks. Gulp.

Hopefully they can both pulverize each other on the weekend, enough for the effects to be felt for 2 weeks.