Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers  (Read 51159 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers

Reply #135
That's the funny thing about Carrazzo, had two howlers of kicks and caught holding the ball once and 5 free's against.

It was not 1 of his better games.

He had more clearances than any other player. Again. Without him we lose by more no doubt. Three of those frees were paid off the ball when he was tagging. More terrible umpiring.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #136
It was not 1 of his better games.

He had more clearances than any other CARLTON player. Again. Without him we lose by more no doubt. Three of those frees were paid off the ball when he was tagging. More terrible umpiring.

EFA.

Tigers also had 2 players with 7 clearances. One of them was Grigg, who had more touches than carrots at about the same DE%

Carrots wasn't the worst, but to say he was the best is stretching it (as the AFL website did).

You are big on tackle numbers and criticise Hendo for only having 1....well guess who else had 1. Way too low for a midefielder.

Reply #137
I didn't have him as BOG, I gave him 1 vote. I don't think he had a poor night but yes 1 tackle isn't good enough.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #138
It wasn't one of the better games from Carrazzo. He went OK. I'd be using the whip on a few other players in our side based on the last game. A few repeat offenders of not having a high enough work rate.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #139
I think Wallsy has had a look at one game and made up his mind.

Yarran and Menzel have been downhill skiers since day 1 - they like to do the flashy things but have to make a conscious effort to do the defensive work and, in Yarran's case, that only happens after he has been given a might big rev up.

Players like Tutt and Ellard have their limitations (plenty of them) but at least they go both ways with effort and without having to think about it.

Reply #140
I thought Wallsy nailed it.

I wouldn't hesitate to trade Hendo, Menzel and Yazz at year's end, that's Hendo the forward. Hendo the defender is well worth keeping and I bet that's exactly where the Cat's intend to play him.

Ye Rat O' the River is spot on re Menzel and Yazz.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #141
I'd drop Menzel and play Byrne or Jaksch as the third forward.  He isn't working anywhere near hard enough.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #142
The more I think about it, Menzel and Yazz do indeed need a spell in the NBs. Everitt gets another chance in the ones as he does more good things to compensate for his shortcomings, including kicking goals.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #143
He had more clearances than any other player. Again. Without him we lose by more no doubt. Three of those frees were paid off the ball when he was tagging. More terrible umpiring.

That's not a correct conclusion, you're assuming his replacement would fair worse which is unfounded. They may have also got the most clearances with less turnovers and we win!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #144
I agree Yarram has his limitations, however as basically the only outside runner we have I am constantly amazed to see him isolated in the back pocket minding someone bigger and stronger, this is clearly not his go and he gets frustrated.
I can only surmise that they are trying to teach him a lesson on how to be a better backman or our defensive coach is being constantly outcoached.
He should never have been on Chapman nor minding Cotchin, he should have been up the ground providing run through the middle and passing to leading forwards.
I am slightly concerned that Barker now thinks he is a chance to get the gig and is thinking more about that than his original philosophy. We were back to numbers behind the ball bomb it long into the forward line and watch it rebound out.
Dropping Rowe, as it turned out was a massive mistake and whilst no-one could forsee the injury to Jamison it left us with few big forward or defence options.

Reply #145
That's not a correct conclusion, you're assuming his replacement would fair worse which is unfounded. They may have also got the most clearances with less turnovers and we win!

If his replacement could get 7 clearances they would be in the side already!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #146
I agree Yarram has his limitations, however as basically the only outside runner we have I am constantly amazed to see him isolated in the back pocket minding someone bigger and stronger, this is clearly not his go and he gets frustrated.
I can only surmise that they are trying to teach him a lesson on how to be a better backman or our defensive coach is being constantly outcoached.
He should never have been on Chapman nor minding Cotchin, he should have been up the ground providing run through the middle and passing to leading forwards.
I am slightly concerned that Barker now thinks he is a chance to get the gig and is thinking more about that than his original philosophy. We were back to numbers behind the ball bomb it long into the forward line and watch it rebound out.
Dropping Rowe, as it turned out was a massive mistake and whilst no-one could forsee the injury to Jamison it left us with few big forward or defence options.

It was a massive mistake regardless of Jamison's injury - unless we're tanking  ::)

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #147
I didn't think that Rowe was dropped, rather out with an injury and the club decided to bring him back through the NBs... probably hair-splitting/a mute point.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #148
I didn't think that Rowe was dropped, rather out with an injury and the club decided to bring him back through the NBs... probably hair-splitting/a mute point.

He was named as emergency against the Tigers.

Reply #149

Might be trying to get him matched up on someone other than a defensive forward because he just doesn't work hard enough to get off the leash when he is closely tagged.