Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton Beat Melbourne (Post Game Waffle) (Read 31172 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton Beat Melbourne (Post Game Waffle)

Reply #45
Well, certainly didn't see that coming!

Hopefully we saw Patty Cripps wrap up the Rising Star award today. I'm as excited about him every ounce as much as I was whenever Juddy had the ball in his hands. In Cripps we've got ourselves a once in a generation player.......we'll be talking about this bloke years after he's retired. He clearly bleeds Navy Blue and the fans have embraced him like no other youngster I've seen forever. I'd love to know what Cripps thinks about Henderson's decision.

Like a couple of others have said, I don't see the love at all for Jaksch. Give him a couple of years and yep, he may be everything we hoped we were getting, but right now - nup, not for me. Whiley, on the other hand, I thought was more than serviceable

Really happy for Boekhorst, thought he was terrific today. That kick to Cripps in the last was right in front of us and it was Diesel-esque it was that good.

Matty Kreuzer.....FFS re-sign him already! Walker as a key forward....who would've thunk it!? What do we do we Menzel? Either injured or under-performing all year....*sigh*

Loved Buckley's game, loved Bell's game, loved Tuohy's game. Happy for one last win this year, not really all that enamoured with the prospect of another wooden spoon, so hopefully today means we can avert that.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #46
Anyone else notice the subtle shift in the 50/50 umpiring decisions in the third quarter which coincided with their run-on?

There was absolutely nothing subtle about it, was bordering on cheating to be honest.

Reply #48
Thought Tutt played well.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #49
Must confess the commentators didn't bother me at all today. No histrionics and mostly calm. Melbourne have some good players but they were awful, especially in defence. Its all very well to have Hogan clunking the ball but if you still need Jones the old war horse to win the ball regularly then all the forwards in the world aren't going to be much use.

Still, a win is a fine thing, and it gives the team a good boost. 3 players got to enjoy their first Carlton win, so there was a glimps of the future today. We played a more mature style, especially for the first half with better executed kicks down the wings, rather than mad rushes out of half back. We slipped away badly in the third, but managed to switch into a more lock down game to get the win. Very encouraging.

Best players were Kruezer by a big margin, followed by Cripps, Bell, Jamo, Tuohy and Boekhorst. Buckly got into the game in the second half as did KJ and Docherty. And walker has got some fitness back and played in front, and got rewarded. Some of the newbies showed good endeavour, whiley kept making contests as did Tutt.

We got the fumbles badly in the second half, and losing murphy took out our best ball user. Hope its nothing too serious. Guess playing Watson was a ploy to trade him for a can of beans, and the goal he snaffled will make it a big can.

Off season needs massive investment in skills. We have very few 'one touch' players and only the likes of cripps are skilled and powerful enough to take the second and better option.

Reply #51
Thought Tutt played well.

A couple of times handballed when a kick was clearly the best option, but other than that easily he's best game for us.

Reply #52
He clearly bleeds Navy Blue and the fans have embraced him like no other youngster I've seen forever.

I'm sure the Crows supporters were saying similar about their Patrick in the early days.  Beware, home to be a convincing lure at times.

The positive about playing Watson today was that we were able to see his strength and weakness on display at the one time. Solid mark, accurate left foot....gives you nothing when the ball hits the ground. (But a great chase in the last quarter).  Will never make it unfortunately.

Reply #53
Dont see the love for Tutt...a dud of the highest order, picked up some easy kicks vs some equally qualified spuds wearing Melbourne jumpers and panicked nearly everytime he was put under even moderate pressure with the exception of one left foot pass to Everitt The only reason I would play him is to secure a bottom two position....

Reply #54
Dont see the love for Tutt...a dud of the highest order, picked up some easy kicks vs some equally qualified spuds wearing Melbourne jumpers and panicked nearly everytime he was put under even moderate pressure with the exception of one left foot pass to Everitt The only reason I would play him is to secure a bottom two position....

Amen Brother Elwood.

We have to stop working ourselves into a lather trying to find something positive about our list-cloggers, they are the reason we are at the bottom end of the ladder.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #55

Watto showed he still has plenty to offer, hopefully plays out the season.

Seriously? When has he ever shown he has plenty to offer?

He showed me he still has little to offer.

He can take a clean mark when the ball is kicked to his advantage and he is not under pressure but that's about the only way he can get the ball.

Having said that, he did a decent job in the first half today by dragging his opponent out of the contest to allow better players to compete for the ball. Well supported by teammates, who delivered the ball to him on the lead in the first term so that his opponent had to keep him company.

Reply #56
I was there today and came to the following conclusions.

Dick is a waste of space.

Tutt's not good enough.

Carazzo is gone.

Curnow is a battler.

Watson doesn't have the ability to kick right foot after 5 years in the game, and totally lacks any intestinal fortitude when the going gets tough. Needs to go.

Rowe is, and always will be a spud. For such a big man is easily brushed aside. When we were killing them and the pressure was off, Rowe was in his element. as soon as it got tough, Rowe collapsed like a pricked balloon.

Buckley, Bokey, Are getting better.

Jakche  just needs another 10-15 kilos on his body before we can make a definitive judgement about him.

Whiley, still have question marks about him.

Simmo terrific but coming to the end as is Walker. A full hard season next year, will find those blokes out.

Everritt too in and out. just can't run out a full game .

Kreuzer very good, but if he gets a knock he's stuffed.

Ellard, please!!! No more. Just not up to top AFL standard.

Murphy was great and has improved as a leader over the last 8 weeks.

And as for Cripps, well I said in the in-game thread that I have seen all the champs from Big Nic who our family were very close to when he came from Maryborough through to Juddy.

In my opinion, Carlton should sign up Pat for 10 years starting in 2018. He's contracted till 2017.

I reckon that with another pre-season, and more muscle and fitness in his body, he could become the greatest player that we have ever seen at our club.

In my opinion, this 20 year old is a genius. I watched some of the things he did today, and Judd couldn't have done them.

I recently saw a comparison between the two I think on Footy Classified, and at the same stage of their careers and Cripps is a head of Judd in all areas.

He should be made Vice Captain next year, and then a year after that become Carlton's youngest ever captain. his on field leadership is second to none.

if he doesn't win a Brownlow in the coming years, then I'll stand naked in the Bourke Street mall, and that wouldn't be a good look.

Barring injury, this kid will be the man to build a side around.

Let's hope SOS does the job he is employed to do, and we can get some decent picks and trades so that we can give this kid a reason to stay with us.

Because I can tell you now, every club in this competition would take him today.

Reply #57

Agree 100% just a dud. Whiley not far behind.

I'm really happy we got to see Ellard perform again as sub, so much better than giving a bloke like Holman a go. Oh yeah hang on.......
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #58

And as for Cripps, well I said in the in-game thread that I have seen all the champs from Big Nic who our family were very close to when he came from Maryborough through to Juddy.

In my opinion, Carlton should sign up Pat for 10 years starting in 2018. He's contracted till 2017.

I reckon that with another pre-season, and more muscle and fitness in his body, he could become the greatest player that we have ever seen at our club.

In my opinion, this 20 year old is a genius. I watched some of the things he did today, and Judd couldn't have done them.

I recently saw a comparison between the two I think on Footy Classified, and at the same stage of their careers and Cripps is a head of Judd in all areas.

He should be made Vice Captain next year, and then a year after that become Carlton's youngest ever captain. his on field leadership is second to none.

if he doesn't win a Brownlow in the coming years, then I'll stand naked in the Bourke Street mall, and that wouldn't be a good look.

Let's hope SOS does the job he is employed to do, and we can get some decent picks and trades so that we can give this kid a reason to stay with us.

Because I can tell you now, every club in this competition would take him today.

With Cripps is that there may be a 'go home' factor down the track.
Right now we would probably consider 3, 20 and Kennedy as a trade.
As the years progress though WC and Freo need to understand the price will rise. ;D

Reply #59
I was there today and came to the following conclusions.

Dick is a waste of space.

Tutt's not good enough.

Carazzo is gone.

Curnow is a battler.

Watson doesn't have the ability to kick right foot after 5 years in the game, and totally lacks any intestinal fortitude when the going gets tough. Needs to go.

Rowe is, and always will be a spud. For such a big man is easily brushed aside. When we were killing them and the pressure was off, Rowe was in his element. as soon as it got tough, Rowe collapsed like a pricked balloon.

Buckley, Bokey, Are getting better.

Jakche  just needs another 10-15 kilos on his body before we can make a definitive judgement about him.

Whiley, still have question marks about him.

Simmo terrific but coming to the end as is Walker. A full hard season next year, will find those blokes out.

Everritt too in and out. just can't run out a full game .

Kreuzer very good, but if he gets a knock he's stuffed.

Ellard, please!!! No more. Just not up to top AFL standard.

Murphy was great and has improved as a leader over the last 8 weeks.

Can the mods delete this post.

Bignic started well with 4 negatives (after a win) but then said one or two positive things. Obviously his account has been hacked.????
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................