Skip to main content

Poll

Do you think Crippa will win the rising star?  Take emotion out of it when choosing :)

Yes he will
[ 27 ] (49.1%)
No he won't
[ 28 ] (50.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: September 11, 2015, 12:30:32 pm

Topic: Will Crippa win the rising star? (Read 49177 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Will Crippa win the rising star?

Reply #15
If he doesn't win it (which i don't think he will - but he should) it will work to our advantage. For the rest of his career he will be out to prove everyone wrong and that he is better than Hogan.

Reply #16
If he doesn't win it (which i don't think he will - but he should) it will work to our advantage. For the rest of his career he will be out to prove everyone wrong and that he is better than Hogan.

I think he has had a better season this year than Hogan has. He hasn't gone missing as often and has been a stand out in his better games. Hogan kicking 3 goals on the weekend might just get him over the line. How the hell do the majority of the commentators state Hogan should win it by a mile ? Seriously, by a mile ?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #17
I think he has had a better season this year than Hogan has. He hasn't gone missing as often and has been a stand out in his better games. Hogan kicking 3 goals on the weekend might just get him over the line. How the hell do the majority of the commentators state Hogan should win it by a mile ? Seriously, by a mile ?

They don't watch Carlton games.

Reply #18
I reckon Cripps deserves to win but who knows how it will go?

One thing that may harm his chances is his inability to have an impact on the scoreboard.  At his height, the ability to go forward and be a genuine scoring option should be part of his toolkit, and that's in addition to the usual midfielder's goals that he should be kicking.

Hopefully, that will improve next season.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
Cripps may not win the "Rising Anti Carlton Star Award" but he sure as hell will win a Brownlow long before Hogan decides to play regular good football.  :P
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #20
Can I just say one thing about Hogan. He may be talented and may well win the rising star award but he needs to pull his forken head in because he is a sook of Jack Reiwoldt proportions. I have watched him very closely this year as I had in my Fantasy Footy team and the number of times he has berated his team mates and sooked it up was sickening to watch AFAIC. Cripps has him covered in spades as far as on field leadership, demeanour and class are concerned.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #21
Darcy is voting. Cripps will not win it.

Reply #22
Lloyd just said he's embarrassed because he called Cripps the winner 3 weeks ago and now, after looking at it over the whole season, he is changing it to Hogan - first full year of footy and he's kicked 44 goals.

O:-)

Reply #23
Paul Roos said on 360 that he doesn't understand how it's a debate. When Robbo talked up Cripps Roos said well yeah I respect opinions and haven't seen Cripps play much but based on what Hogan has done its not a debate.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #24
Paul Roos said on 360 that he doesn't understand how it's a debate. When Robbo talked up Cripps Roos said well yeah I respect opinions and haven't seen Cripps play much but based on what Hogan has done its not a debate.

That really annoyed me. He went on to say that Hogan has done something no first year forward has done ever so he should win. How about 19 games to reach 35 touches, all the contested possession stats etc. Really hate Roos being so matter of fact about it. Needs to pull his head out of his ar5e.

Reply #25
Hogan will win the rising star but Cripps will probably be Captain of Carlton sooner than later and have the better career...Hogan is on good terms with himself while Cripps is a more humble young man IMO..

Reply #26
After rnd 8 or 9 I'm sure it was Cripps and Brayshaw vying for favoritism. Bottom line, If cripps played for any other team in the AFL he would win it by easily. If I recall Brayshaw got injured about that time and so the media hating anything Carlton were in search of another stooge.

Reply #28
but what Jesse has done has never been done before.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=12&pid1=3916&tid2=25&pid2=3774&type=T&fid1=O&fid2=O

Good find MBB, going by that Cripps has it in the bag.  ::)
Can't believe they all want to kick us while we are down, don't we have anyone in the media that will fly our flag... Apart from Hughsy.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #29
That really annoyed me. He went on to say that Hogan has done something no first year forward has done ever so he should win. How about 19 games to reach 35 touches, all the contested possession stats etc. Really hate Roos being so matter of fact about it. Needs to pull his head out of his ar5e.

Roos is a grub!
Money hungry, self centred grub.
I'll never coach again, I'm a swans man right up until they cut his academy wage from 600k down to 250k and off he goes. Now he wants to hold a position at the demons so he can keep his nose in the trough.