Skip to main content

Poll

Do you think Crippa will win the rising star?  Take emotion out of it when choosing :)

Yes he will
[ 27 ] (49.1%)
No he won't
[ 28 ] (50.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: September 11, 2015, 12:30:32 pm

Topic: Will Crippa win the rising star? (Read 49393 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Will Crippa win the rising star?

Reply #60
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/patrick-cripps-tells-fox-footy-he-wants-to-be-a-one-club-player-at-carlton/story-e6frf3e3-1227516752445
#character #captain #gun
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #61
I wonder what physique he ends up trying to develop .

He's not just tall he has a rig that , 10 years ago, they'd have turned him into a monster. He is still growing into that body.

I'm not certain he should get much bigger TBH, he might want to work on speed and recovery and stay lean.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #62
Meh, rising star. Cripps has many things lined up for his future and they ain't got a thing to do with the rising star  O0

Reply #63
Cripps has effectively been a one man midfield for the second half of the season. He has had zero support, had to wear a tag and he certainly hasn't had the ball kicked to him on a constant basis. I don't buy into the key position BS, the best player is the best player, Cripps has done so much more.

Problem will be whether the panel judge it on a midfielder v KPP basis and give the latter extra weighting. Cripps has been outstanding. Was half expecting an AA nomination in the 40 player list.

Reply #64
Problem will be whether the panel judge it on a midfielder v KPP basis and give the latter extra weighting. Cripps has been outstanding. Was half expecting an AA nomination in the 40 player list.
Voting should have nothing to do with the position they play in. It should be a multi attribute analysis that takes many factors into account. If they have sorted the criteria out by now, they should be having the award. When you hear DHs like Carey say "I would pick the CHF over a mid because the position is harder to play", it makes you cringe. Not because he was a KPF and may be biased, but because it defies logic. It then means the award should de renamed "Rising Key Position Star Award" and midfielders and Ruckmen should be ineligible. I thought Carey was smarter than that. Perhaps not.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #65
Really? You thought Carey was smarter than that?

Reply #66
Voting should have nothing to do with the position they play in. It should be a multi attribute analysis that takes many factors into account. If they have sorted the criteria out by now, they should be having the award. When you hear DHs like Carey say "I would pick the CHF over a mid because the position is harder to play", it makes you cringe. Not because he was a KPF and may be biased, but because it defies logic. It then means the award should de renamed "Rising Key Position Star Award" and midfielders and Ruckmen should be ineligible. I thought Carey was smarter than that. Perhaps not.

Don't worry about the ideology of what should and shouldn't be taken into account, we're dealing with reality and you can bet your ass it will be taken into account.

It is harder to play key position, that's why it takes so much longer for big blokes to develop. Even so, Cripps has been outstanding and no reason why he shouldn't win, as good as Hogan's been in a tough position. Cripps, in reality should've been close to AA and poll as well as any midfielder in the Brownlow, as he's been as good as any of them.

Reply #67
Jimbo I honestly believe what Cripps has been doing is harder to do than what Hogan has been doing. Hogan would IMO need at least 60 goals to equal Cripps' output in the midfield. The way Whately was saying 'oh but Hogan has 44 goals' big fk!! It's only 44 goals, not like he has been dominating like the Crippologist.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #68
Aren't Cripps and Hogan the same size? Both around 195?
If so then does that make Cripps a KPP playing in the midfield AND Dominating?  :o
Now you would never see a Carey do that!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #69
I reckon the Crippler should have made the AA squad.   How many mids won games off their backs this year?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #70
Is there a formula that judges have to follow?
Is it based on potential or based on the year that they have had?

Reply #71
Don't worry about the ideology of what should and shouldn't be taken into account, we're dealing with reality and you can bet your ass it will be taken into account.

It is harder to play key position, that's why it takes so much longer for big blokes to develop. Even so, Cripps has been outstanding and no reason why he shouldn't win, as good as Hogan's been in a tough position. Cripps, in reality should've been close to AA and poll as well as any midfielder in the Brownlow, as he's been as good as any of them.

It's equally hard to play in the midfield and cop a hard tag most games.  It's also hard for a young bloke to take over as the main inside mid and be as productive as the injured champion who had the role.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #73
How good is he going to be once he upgrades from a 6 cylinder to a V12?

Reply #74
Geez, I shudder to think what Jeremy Cameron may have achieved if like Hogan he had been given 3 years to "warm up" to the AFL. Cameron may have won the Coleman in his first season!

How good might Crippa be next season on a year for year basis?
The Force Awakens!