Skip to main content

Poll

Do you think Crippa will win the rising star?  Take emotion out of it when choosing :)

Yes he will
[ 27 ] (49.1%)
No he won't
[ 28 ] (50.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: September 11, 2015, 12:30:32 pm

Topic: Will Crippa win the rising star? (Read 49304 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Will Crippa win the rising star?

Reply #150
When was Cripps nominated for the rising star?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #152
For his BOG performance agaisnt the saints in R4.

The Brownlow predictor gives him one vote for that game  :P

I reckon he was fairly consistent throughout the season but was perhaps more visible and/or influential after Judd was injured.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #153
The Brownlow predictor gives him one vote for that game  :P

I reckon he was fairly consistent throughout the season but was perhaps more visible and/or influential after Judd was injured.

We gave him BOG.

The Votes: Round #4 Carlton vs. St. Kilda
Cripps, Patrick 370
Murphy, Marc 258
Henderson, Lachie 258
Bell, Tom 167
Everitt, Andrejs 64
Simpson, Kade 62
Tuohy, Zach 55
Armfield, Dennis 19
Walker, Andrew 19
Wood, Cameron 12
Carrazzo, Andrew 5

EDIT:
....and the coaches gave him =BOG.
St Kilda v Carlton

8 – Patrick Cripps (Carl)

8 – Marc Murphy (Carl)

5 – Tom Bell (Carl)

4 – Lachie Henderson (Carl)

2 – Ed Curnow (Carl)

2 – Zach Tuohy (Carl)

1 – David Armitage (St K)

Reply #154
We gave him BOG.

Cripps, Patrick 370
Murphy, Marc 258
Henderson, Lachie 258
Bell, Tom 167
Everitt, Andrejs 64
Simpson, Kade 62
Tuohy, Zach 55
Armfield, Dennis 19
Walker, Andrew 19
Wood, Cameron 12
Carrazzo, Andrew 5

EDIT:
St Kilda v Carlton

8 – Marc Murphy (Carl)

5 – Tom Bell (Carl)

2 – Ed Curnow (Carl)

2 – Zach Tuohy (Carl)

One vote in the Brownlow sounds right then  ;)

Seriously though, I'd be surprised if he doesn't get more than seven votes and I reckon they will be spread across the season but with more of a weighting on the second half.

Reply #155
I suspect he might get a couple of 1s or 2s in games we lost.
It's why I'm looking at a 10+ count.

What I'm going to find interesting is that it will be an indicator of whether or not he's a "Vote catcher"
If he does poll well it will be an indication that in a year or two he may be a genuine contender.

Reply #156
He will poll well, better than most expect, like Judd he is playing well were the umpires are looking.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #157
Everyone knows the umpires don't pay attention until a second good year. It takes two seasons to win a brownlow, let alone win votes usually.   1 to get their attention and then another to win it.

Combine that with our poor win rate and I reckon he won't poll as well as people think.

We got smashed in most of our losses.  Hard to win votes in those scenarios.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #158
Everyone knows the umpires don't pay attention until a second good year. It takes two seasons to win a brownlow, let alone win votes usually.   1 to get their attention and then another to win it.

Combine that with our poor win rate and I reckon he won't poll as well as people think.

We got smashed in most of our losses.  Hard to win votes in those scenarios.

Where did you pull that one from?  :)

Cripps won't get as many Brownlow votes as Murphy but he will get more than Hogan.  I reckon he could get up to ten votes.

Reply #159
We'll see.

It's common belief amongst my mates and why Cotchin missed a brownlow a couple of years back.

Paul Hewson

Reply #160
@DJC

Told you so!!  :P

In all seriousness it doesnt matter.  It was always going to be a matter of him having to build a profile before getting too many votes, and IMHO, although he had a better impact than his votes reflected, I think he did well to poll as well as he did given simply how few games we won.

Paul Hewson

Reply #161
@DJC

Told you so!!  :P

In all seriousness it doesnt matter.  It was always going to be a matter of him having to build a profile before getting too many votes, and IMHO, although he had a better impact than his votes reflected, I think he did well to poll as well as he did given simply how few games we won.
Clearly the AFL coaches rate him pretty highly - not too far behind Bontempelli in the Young Players award (based on their performances in their first two years)

Best Young Player

1. Marcus Bontempelli - Western Bulldogs (557 votes)

2. Patrick Cripps – Carlton (527 votes)

3. Jeremy McGovern - West Coast (362 votes)

Jesse Hogan still only a first year player so I guess he'll win it next year.....

This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #162
We gave him BOG.

Cripps, Patrick 370
Murphy, Marc 258
Henderson, Lachie 258
Bell, Tom 167
Everitt, Andrejs 64
Simpson, Kade 62
Tuohy, Zach 55
Armfield, Dennis 19
Walker, Andrew 19
Wood, Cameron 12
Carrazzo, Andrew 5

EDIT:
St Kilda v Carlton

8 – Marc Murphy (Carl)

5 – Tom Bell (Carl)

2 – Ed Curnow (Carl)

2 – Zach Tuohy (Carl)

Zero Brownlow votes lol.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #163
Clearly the AFL coaches rate him pretty highly - not too far behind Bontempelli in the Young Players award (based on their performances in their first two years)

Best Young Player

1. Marcus Bontempelli - Western Bulldogs (557 votes)

2. Patrick Cripps – Carlton (527 votes)

3. Jeremy McGovern - West Coast (362 votes)

Jesse Hogan still only a first year player so I guess he'll win it next year.....

Every alternative award that gets announced just highlights further how inequitable the Rising Star Award has become, insiders voting for their favorites and almost unrelated to form, efficiency or effectiveness!
The Force Awakens!