Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 384977 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #3135
Agreed, I quite like orangutans, I got to meet one up close once on Borneo.

They left me with an impression of intelligence!

And they’re rarely, if ever, narcissistic! 🙂
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3136
That's terribly disrespectful towards orangutans Shane ...

Very fair point. With apologies to orangutans, I will never use that description for Trump again. Yep, in hindsight that description actually flattered Trump. How about the orange narcissistic c0ckhead?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3137
Strange how I was warned by DJC for calling Dan Andrews a dickhead but you can call Trump whatever you like.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3138
Strange how I was warned by DJC for calling Dan Andrews a dickhead but you can call Trump whatever you like.

Context.

Reply #3140
i wouldn't call Trump stupid or dumb, not if the litmus test is his ability to influence public opinion and attract voters. On that level, he is a very canny operator. There are some very sobering comparisons being made between not only Hitler and Trump as individuals, but in the state of their respective countries as they both rose to prominence. Underestimate him at your peril IMO.

Reply #3141
Time will tell.

He's not dumb, he's not stupid...he is a canny operator, and you sell his influence short at your peril but....

He's like the boogeyman.
He's there to scare the kids.
...and he's the best thing the Democrats have going for them.
They keep talking about him to scare the voters.
It showed at the mid terms.

What should have been a red wave didn't occur because the 'Trump card' was played and put the wind up the voters.

He won't be President again.
It's likely he won't be the nominee.
...it's not unlikely he won't be a candidate and wreck and split the Republican vote.
Because that's what he does, he's a self centred wrecker.
But dumb, no way!

Reply #3142
Very fair point. With apologies to orangutans, I will never use that description for Trump again. Yep, in hindsight that description actually flattered Trump. How about the orange narcissistic c0ckhead?

I think that’s probably offensive to c0ckheads 🙄

Is c0ckhead more offensive than dickhead?  The 0 probably saves it but it’s close to the line 🙂
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3143

In fact, I’ve only just seen Baggers’ post.

However, if you care to go back, I thought your transition from “Dictator” to “D1ckhead” was quite clever.  The warning was not to go any further.

Context is important; Dan is our d1ckhead, Aurangzeb is a threat to civilisation. That doesn’t give free rein to ignore our code of conduct though.

Reply #3144
i wouldn't call Trump stupid or dumb, not if the litmus test is his ability to influence public opinion and attract voters. On that level, he is a very canny operator. There are some very sobering comparisons being made between not only Hitler and Trump as individuals, but in the state of their respective countries as they both rose to prominence. Underestimate him at your peril IMO.

Absolutely.

This bloke has managed, over decades, to avoid capture and conviction for all manner of crimes. As my mother would say, 'he's as cunning as a sh1thouse rat.' He is street smart and will not hesitate to use all manner of barely legal tactics to stay one step ahead of the legal and tax systems in the US. Plus he's a showman, and our US friends love being entertained. Plus he uses religion to recruit Christian Fundamentalists and other zealots quite effectively.

A powerful and influential cornered narcissist who undoubtedly has all manner of 'dirt' on plenty of colleagues and opponents, is not only immorally and unethically manipulative (without a scintilla of conscience) but resultantly very dangerous to friend and foe alike. And there's his uncanny ability to galvanize the LCD to do his bidding, violently if necessary... again, without conscience, accountability, remorse or using any 'directly' stating so, language - probably a strategy he learned from the mafia bosses and how they avoid accountability.

Though in Jack Smith (Special Counsel Prosecutor) Trump may have just met his match...

Reply #3145
Partly agree, but I would not confuse expert cunning and being manipulative with an outright measure of intelligence.

If he was that intelligent he wouldn't be blowing his family fortune, it looks like it was his late wife that pretty much run the show and saved him from bankruptcy more than once.

Intelligence can be street wise or naivé, some of the very smartest people I've come across are completely clueless socially and morally, and "they" are often very myopic. Now as I write this I recall my psychologist friend telling me my use of inclusive language is a give away, but I have to say to her in regards to Trump that argument doesn't apply because we are talking about a singular subject.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3146
Partly agree, but I would not confuse expert cunning and being manipulative with an outright measure of intelligence.

If he was that intelligent he wouldn't be blowing his family fortune, it looks like it was his late wife that pretty much run the show and saved him from bankruptcy more than once.

Intelligence can be street wise or naivé, some of the very smartest people I've come across are completely clueless socially and morally, and "they" are often very myopic. Now as I write this I recall my psychologist friend telling me my use of inclusive language is a give away, but I have to say to her in regards to Trump that argument doesn't apply because we are talking about a singular subject.

Good points, Spotted One. There are quite a few varieties of 'intelligence'... but as Pauly pointed out, he is definitely not a fool or idiot. Though, in terms of emotional intelligence, he's stuck with the emotional maturity of a teenager.

Streets smarts, immorality (no moral compass or social rule book), narcissism, loot/connections and being somewhat of an artful seducer have helped him no end.

Reply #3147
The ABC breached its own code of practice after a two-part Four Corners program about Fox News was found to have “omitted relevant information in a way that materially misled the audience”.

According to the results of an investigation by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) into the series “Fox and the Big Lie”, Four Corners reported that two Fox presenters appeared at a 2018 Donald Trump rally.

However, the broadcaster failed to include the fact that Fox had issued a public censure of the two presenters, which would have led viewers to potentially conclude that Fox either endorsed or did not object to their journalists appearing on stage with Trump.

“By omitting key information, the ABC did not give its audience the opportunity to make up their own minds about Fox News,” ACMA Chair Nerida O’Loughlin said.

“Both audiences and participants are entitled to the full picture. In this case, by omitting information the ABC did not do justice to the story or provide all relevant facts to its audience.”

ACMA also found that Four Corners violated the ABC code when it approached a Fox News host but did not adequately inform her about what the interview entailed.

“Current affairs programs such as Four Corners are not precluded from presenting a particular perspective on an issue or reaching a particular conclusion.

“But that needs to be balanced against requirements to gather and present information with due impartiality.

“The ACMA considers that ABC could have taken greater care in striking that balance in this program to avoid perceptions of partiality,” Ms O’Loughlin said.

This is not the first time that Four Corners has fallen foul of ACMA rules.

In 2019, it was found to have breached impartiality rules in an investigation into the Murray-Darling Basin Plan, when it “fell short” of requirements to “present and report on issues in an impartial manner”.
A spokesman for Fox said, “FOX News Media is pleased with the findings of the Australian Communications and Media Authority that the ABC engaged in multiple breaches of its own Code of Practice relating to accuracy and fair and honest dealing.

“Today’s ruling confirms FOX News Media’s view that the central premise of the Four Corners two-part program was built on a foundation of patent bias and lack of impartiality and was then laden with basic factual errors, uncorrected even after FOX News Media presented contradictory evidence.”

However, the ABC disputed ACMA’s findings, saying it was “deeply concerned” at the findings and accused ACMA of misinterpreting the ABC’s Code of Practice.

In a statement the broadcaster said: “The ABC has considered the findings and has serious concerns that the ACMA’s interpretation of the ABC’s Code of Practice will have negative consequences for the future production of strong public interest journalism.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3149
Donald will never be subject to any form of indictment while he has a grip on a big part of the GOP.  They might offer up his cronies to satisfy the witch-hunters, but if Donald goes down in flames, the Conservative vote will be split and GOP will be destined for opposition for many years to come.

It seems to me that the Republicans are trying to work out how to free themselves of Trumpism without marginalising the huge pool of MAGA voters.

This is what happens when you dance with the Devil.... at some stage, the music will stop.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?