Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21 : Blues Torture Tigers (Tiger-Taming Tweets) (Read 35806 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 21 : Blues Torture Tigers (Tiger-Taming Tweets)

Reply #105
Thanks the the baggers who gave their all yesterday.  Fair to say my son's first trip to the G was one to remember  O0

Great team effort after 1/4 time.  You guys have covered it all but I'll give my special mentions to 2E, Curnow, Robbo, Brock & the Bolt.  Oh, and Boots should not play again until next year - he looks skinnier in person than on TV.   :o
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #106

What happened in the second was simply terrific, where it started and by whom is irrelevant - It was Robbo's kamikaze attack.  >:D

Robert Warnock, here's a tip on how to play the ruck role by someone who never played ruck - try looking at the ball instead of the opposition ruckman at a centre bounce, you may get your hand a little closer to it if you do. Does anyone else do it (other than Kreuzer)? If not, who taught our ruckmen to do it? Apart from the blankets Tuohy and Curnow, I though Warnock was our only winner in the 1/4 and he kept on giving.

I think Capuano needs to be held to account for teaching our ruckmen this shocking habit.

I beleive Warnock will be a gun. He is still growing into his body, and he still needs to learn how to mark, but today showed a snippet of what he can do. He rag dolled Maric at stages. It could end up being a very good trade.

Don't just look short term at this guy.

Reply #107

What happened in the second was simply terrific, where it started and by whom is irrelevant - It was Robbo's kamikaze attack.  >:D

Robert Warnock, here's a tip on how to play the ruck role by someone who never played ruck - try looking at the ball instead of the opposition ruckman at a centre bounce, you may get your hand a little closer to it if you do. Does anyone else do it (other than Kreuzer)? If not, who taught our ruckmen to do it? Apart from the blankets Tuohy and Curnow, I though Warnock was our only winner in the 1/4 and he kept on giving.

I think Capuano needs to be held to account for teaching our ruckmen this shocking habit.

I beleive Warnock will be a gun. He is still growing into his body, and he still needs to learn how to mark, but today showed a snippet of what he can do. He rag dolled Maric at stages. It could end up being a very good trade.

Don't just look short term at this guy.

Well hopefully someone offers us a 1st round pick for him then. ;)
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #108

Did Touhy play in the midfield to mind Martin? that's another step forward for him. I love his long goals !!

Touhy had him all over the field from wing to fullback and kept him quiet with the exception of one strong body-on-body mark

Reply #109

Did Touhy play in the midfield to mind Martin? that's another step forward for him. I love his long goals !!

Touhy had him all over the field from wing to fullback and kept him quiet with the exception of one strong body-on-body mark

Cheers RR, thats a big tick for Touhy to be able to play a full game through the midfield, I wonder how often he will get more gigs through there?
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #110
Have been watching the reply, a few of the centre square set ups were interesting (when we had our tails up in the 2nd and 3rd. Warnock, McLean, Curnow and Bell. Week after week under Ratts that was the centre square set up for the NB's. Not having a pot at Ratts, just saying.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #111
Curnow was great yesterday.

He gets potted on here regularly but one of the things I like best about him is he is a team player, he always goes to guys to say well done, or to stand with a team mate when the opposition are goading them - we are screaming out for guys that do this, I think it's really important.

Reply #112
He never gets upset either just sticks at the task.... No silly frees. Works very hard on being the link when we have the ball as well.   Ps if people think bell is not in our best 22 they are blinded. I am sick of being the team that gets beaten up every week. Last week against the dogs robbo and dinger would have been very nice.... Smashing into Cooney and griffin.

Reply #113
Bell has a way to go IMO, needs more senior time, really should have been playing all year and he may have improved by now.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #114
Bell has a way to go IMO, needs more senior time, really should have been playing all year and he may have improved by now.

Midfield looks so much harder with Robbo and Bell in it.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #115
Bell is a budding enforcer - we need his presence IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #116

I would be very happy if we can hang on to him. I can't believe that he hasn't been in the side all year. Guys with that size, tank and aggression are rare. Sure his skills need work, but that means he only has size and aggression over all our other mids.

Reply #117
I didn't get to watch the game (saw the last 10mins though ;D)...

How'd Waite go down in defence? I heard the commentators praising his game on the radio, haven't heard much about him on here though  :-\
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #118
I didn't get to watch the game (saw the last 10mins though ;D)...

How'd Waite go down in defence? I heard the commentators praising his game on the radio, haven't heard much about him on here though  :-\
Was very good IMO. Should remain there. Jamo seemed to relish having a senior bloke to help settle the back six.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #119
Waite looms as a more threatening option in defence. Prances around like a big cat who knows how to read the ball coming in better than many forwards and has the ability to be a real attacking player when the ball gets in his hands.
IN WADA WE TRUST