Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21 : Blues Torture Tigers (Tiger-Taming Tweets) (Read 35805 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 21 : Blues Torture Tigers (Tiger-Taming Tweets)

Reply #30
Well... That was glorious.

I liked the output of Levi. Once he got in to the swing of it he was awesome. I think he will win the Rowe/Levi battle and should play every game hereon out.

Levi played on some decent defenders too.

On a sour note, poor Bootsma's confidence was shot after the first quarter and should never have been left one out with Jumping Jack.

Mitch played one of his best games for the club. Would be amazing if he was consistently like this.

Reply #31
Bell was doing a fair bit of grunt work in terms of  spoiling and ball winning in the clinches, which I think we benefited from. He just needs to improve his disposal which lets him down atm. I'm confident that will get some focus as he's very useful to have around the clearances and contested ball situations.

Also let's the opposition know he's there - ask Cotchin.

Cookie...Glad to see you could see what I saw with Tom Bell....his big body is a must for the senior team.
I was critical in the game he looked slow. As you said he needs to be played regularly that will allow him to get up to speed with the pace at this level. In saying that I still reckon he needs to work on his disposal then again he isnt the Lone Ranger at Carlton in that department.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #32
Happy 60th Birthday Mick and well done boys for giving us a win. Especially being 5 goal down in the first quarter.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #33
Bell was doing a fair bit of grunt work in terms of  spoiling and ball winning in the clinches, which I think we benefited from. He just needs to improve his disposal which lets him down atm. I'm confident that will get some focus as he's very useful to have around the clearances and contested ball situations.

Cookie...Glad to see you could see what I saw with Tom Bell....his big body is a must for the senior team.

No-one is suggesting he doesn't throw some weight around (hell, its the one facet of his game that I really like) but you have to question his intellect when he tried to clean-up Cotchin and came off second best.

He takes the wrong options and then to compound that, his disposal is weak. I noticed a number of times his kicks were either well short of the leading player or completely over their heads, there were kicks that went skew-iff off the boot straight to Tigers players.

Either our people are not good teachers/communicators or he is too dumb to pick it up because he keeps making the same errors.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #34
I like how much strength Menzel has through his hips. Usually a very good sign for a footballer.

Another good sign... he kicks goals!

How's his possession per goal ratio going so far?

Reply #35

No-one is suggesting he doesn't throw some weight around (hell, its the one facet of his game that I really like) but you have to question his intellect when he tried to clean-up Cotchin and came off second best.

He takes the wrong options and then to compound that, his disposal is weak. I noticed a number of times his kicks were either well short of the leading player or completely over their heads, there were kicks that went skew-iff off the boot straight to Tigers players.

Either our people are not good teachers/communicators or he is too dumb to pick it up because he keeps making the same errors.

the guy has played 8 games give him some time to get used to the speed and game.   

Reply #37

I was otherwise predisposed so I saw nothing. Guy on the train on the way home, who went to the game, said it was about time Bell was playing again as he did quite a bit today and offers us alot of the grunt we have  been  missing.

Reply #38
Just a couple of "little things"......
Henderson is a bit of a 'general' in that forward line....liked the way he was directing and instructing.

Bootsma had a shocker and will be lucky to survive the chop next week....but he's shown enough to suggest that with a bit of maturity and a couple of pre-seasons he could be an asset....what I did like was despite the fact he'd had a down day and been subbed he was clearly elated with the win and looked as though he felt a part of it post match.

Reply #39
I like how much strength Menzel has through his hips. Usually a very good sign for a footballer.

Gary Lyon was talking him up pregame saying without the lars and his brother's history he could have gone at pick #2.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #40

Gary Lyon was talking him up pregame saying without the lars and his brother's history he could have gone at pick #2.

At draft time there was speculation he would go pick 2-3 but also that he could slide.

He'll stay in the side from hereon in. Though, if we make the finals this year not sure if MM will back him in or not.

Reply #41

I like Lars..lol.

Reply #42
Gee we look so much better when we play at the home of football!

Reply #43
the guy has played 8 games give him some time to get used to the speed and game.  

Menzel has played three and he isn't off the pace ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #44
Great win, one of the best in recent times, it was a pleasure to watch.
Our lesser lights got us over the line which is the best thing to happen for us all season.
Kudos to Tom Bell, not a lot of stats but he hit the contest hard and bruised a few Tigers in the process, blokes like him can change the attitude of the whole team.
Mitch was inspiring, we'll just have to accept the ragged skills because this bloke is the spirit of the team, Levi stood tall when it was required.
I'm one very happy Blue Boy tonight.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.