Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues 2016 (Read 8206 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Northern Blues 2016

Reply #15
 Jaksch and Jones are probably the 2 blokes under the pump. I can't see Foster even registering on the scale of selection. Personally I don't care if all 3 are delisted and Bolts and SOS bring in more credible personnel.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #16
OK Jones kicked 3 goals in the VFL but is that enough to convince BB to bring him in for R1? I suspect not and I think he'll have to develop more consistency in the VFL before he gets considered for another go with the seniors. BB was talking in his post mtch about the need to develop alternative avenues to goal via mids and smaller forwards, plus the need to develop a pressure small forward. That may be the way we go in R1, rather than persisting with an option that has consistently failed at senior level?

He has only come to that conclusion? :o

We need to have a spread of leading forwards, no more of this bombing and hoping.
We have always burst out of the backline and pin pointed passes up the wing only to automatically play on and bomb the ball to a 2 or 3 on 1. Hasn't worked and will never work!
We need to get the ball to half forward then assess the options, we seem to play on regardless and the forwards are never in the right position because they are buggered from running from the backline. ::)

leave 2 or 3 targets up forward with the instruction to lead in patterns and the ball carrier to honour the leads.
Works for other teams so why not us? :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #17
Jaksch and Jones are probably the 2 blokes under the pump. I can't see Foster even registering on the scale of selection. Personally I don't care if all 3 are delisted and Bolts and SOS bring in more credible personnel.

We haven't had the chance to find out how good Jaksch is. Guessing his pre-season was interrupted this year too given we've only just seen him. He's not long turned 21. Carlton are confident he'll be a 10 year forward. He only played 3rd tall defence last year to develop him. Once he put on the size and developed they were moving him forward. That's what McKay said in an interview with SEN last year.

Reply #18
We haven't had the chance to find out how good Jaksch is. Guessing his pre-season was interrupted this year too given we've only just seen him. He's not long turned 21. Carlton are confident he'll be a 10 year forward. He only played 3rd tall defence last year to develop him. Once he put on the size and developed they were moving him forward. That's what McKay said in an interview with SEN last year.

Yeah I agree and I haven't written Jaksch off yet. It may be just a throw away line, but it did raise my eyebrows when Bolts in his pre game presser was asked when we could expect to see Jaksch back in the seniors. His reply was a sharp "form dictates selection" made me question if Bolts is underwhelmed by his efforts to date.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #19
Here is hoping that it's about setting standards.

It would be easy to just play whoever and call it development,  but you have to encourage competition for spots and pick players on their merits otherwise people assume you're playing favourites.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #20
Jaksch will be our best 'recruit' for the 2017 season.

Reply #21
He has only come to that conclusion? :o

We need to have a spread of leading forwards, no more of this bombing and hoping.
We have always burst out of the backline and pin pointed passes up the wing only to automatically play on and bomb the ball to a 2 or 3 on 1. Hasn't worked and will never work!
We need to get the ball to half forward then assess the options, we seem to play on regardless and the forwards are never in the right position because they are buggered from running from the backline. ::)

leave 2 or 3 targets up forward with the instruction to lead in patterns and the ball carrier to honour the leads.
Works for other teams so why not us? :o

We can work the overlap quite well and spot up short passes down the ground but for some reason we get within 70m of goal and we put the brain in the back pocket and go the up and under EVERY ... SINGLE ... TIME!

This is not anything Bolton, Malthouse or Barker seem to be able to control.

There is a combination of dumb positioning / leads from the forwards and some bizarre ball use.

There is a mental block our blokes need to get over somehow but we can't keep repeating the same mistakes can we?

Reply #22
Yeah I agree and I haven't written Jaksch off yet. It may be just a throw away line, but it did raise my eyebrows when Bolts in his pre game presser was asked when we could expect to see Jaksch back in the seniors. His reply was a sharp "form dictates selection" made me question if Bolts is underwhelmed by his efforts to date.

Bolton's statement, together with SOS's kick in the pants comment suggests that Jaksch has a way to go before he'll get a run.  Bolton did also comment on Jaksch's ability to play forward and back and that indicates that he's very much the sort of player Bolton would like in the side.

I suspect that Jaksch holds the key to his future and I hope that he isn't 2017 recruit of the year for a state league side. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23
http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?page_id=25

The NB's have finalised their 48 man list for the year, so this might be a good link to have on hand for anyone who might need some information about them.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #24
Bolton's statement, together with SOS's kick in the pants comment suggests that Jaksch has a way to go before he'll get a run.  Bolton did also comment on Jaksch's ability to play forward and back and that indicates that he's very much the sort of player Bolton would like in the side.

I suspect that Jaksch holds the key to his future and I hope that he isn't 2017 recruit of the year for a state league side.

Gee I'd like to see this guy iron out his movement/kicking deficiencies because there are other attributes he's shown which are really promising. He's taken some really good contested marks in the past two weeks and does read the play well.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17