Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last! (Read 69186 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last!

Reply #225
Going by last Saturday Kreuzer was about 20%. Is that injured?

Fev played about 6 weeks with one of the worst groin tears the surgeon had ever seen, was he injured?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #226
Like I said, everyone is nursing injury this time of the year, to say Kreuzer isn't 100% so therefore if he doesn't play he's injured is BS. Nonetheless, rather than engage in boring one line pot shots with you, I'll just let you wallow in your own ineptitude.

No if he doesn't play he is injured and that is the reasonable and correct assessment.

Injuries being carried by players at this time of year are not a black and white issues, of course some injuries can be carried while other cannot and the conclusion that a player has been dropped because a club says he is injured is an incorrect conclusion. Probably a conclusion based on a confirmation bias.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #227
@LP

Can you repeat that in English? Those words do not reflect anything I said. What I did say was if Kreuzer is dropped, to assume it's due to injury is not correct. I guess it's a possibility. He had 3 touches in 4 quarters of footy. Pretty simple from where I sit.

I'm going by MM's post match presser where he wasn't happy with Kreuzer's performance and said nothing about injury. He praised Warnock. If Kreuzer doesn't play he's been dropped IMO, which I gathered from the coaches words, not some bias crap you talk about. In fact your bias would be showing in full force should Kreuzer get dropped and Meat keep his place. Just sayin....

@MBB

So you think Kreuzer played in the most important game of the year at 20% fitness and that's why he performed so poorly, had nothing to do with form. LMAO whatever you say mate, even if it makes no sense at all.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #228
Can you repeat that in English? Those words do not reflect anything I said. What I did say was if Kreuzer is dropped, to assume it;'s due to injury is not correwct. Pretty simple from where I sit.

It cannot be the case that if you base an argument on an assumption that only that assumption can correct, and that counter assumptions negating your case cannot.

As I read it you are arguing based on an assumptions that support your position and you in defense of your case you are effectively arguing that MBBs counter argument is invalid because it is based on assumptions. You have created a logical ambiguity.

Both cases are based entirely that the assumption that the supporting assumption is correct and the counter assumption is not. Both are equally correct, or equally wrong!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #229
Difference being I put mine out there as opinion, MBB did not.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #230
Listening to Bryce on SEN he too praised Warnock and credited him for starting the comeback. 

Very big call to go with out Kruz though

Reply #231
@MBB

So you think Kreuzer played in the most important game of the year at 20% fitness and that's why he performed so poorly, had nothing to do with form. LMAO whatever you say mate, even if it makes no sense at all.

Why didn't Kreuzer play against the Bombers?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #232
Listening to Bryce on SEN he too praised Warnock and credited him for starting the comeback. 

I agree with Bryce to some extent, I think Warnock did lift after 1/2 time, but for me the question is why didn't he put in for the first half with just as much vigor?

As for going without Kreuzer and leaving Warnock effectively rucking solo, he may have had nothing left in the tank after 1/2 time and any lift at all would be out of the question! And Warnock is a massive basket to be putting all your eggs in, some may say a basket case!

On the counter argument to play both, Warnock is 206cm and if he is fresh and running at the end of a game he doesn't get any shorter! Kreuzer may not have got much effective ball in the ruck, but his tackling and chasing were second to none and that certainly impacts on the freshness of the opposition.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #233
Last time we played a final Warnock was mighty against Cox and NicNat. He was also very good up against Hille and Ryder the week before.

Maric is a different type of player to those two though.

Reply #234

Yes, that is echoing what MM said after the game. If a tall is to be dropped, it won't be Warnock. As I've said, my money's on Casboult.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #235

Yes, that is echoing what MM said after the game. If a tall is to be dropped, it won't be Warnock. As I've said, my money's on Casboult.

I think Levi has to play to make Rance, Chaplin and Grimes accountable he will out mark any of them and play him out of the square it will give us such a greater ability to let waite or hendo get of the leash a bit. 

@LP I agree Kruz second and third efforts were awesome and will be just as telling against the tigers

Reply #236
Richmond would be happy if Casboult didn't play.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #237
Last time we played a final Warnock was mighty against Cox and NicNat. He was also very good up against Hille and Ryder the week before.

Maric is a different type of player to those two though.

I agree, historically Warnock doesn't go so well against the physical likes of Maric, Mumford, Hudson or Minson. But at the moment he is our only option, Rowe and Casboult are of negligible impact in rucking contests and offer almost nil 2nd and 3rd efforts.

In context of Saturday Warnock did lift, but he did so against a couple of rookie type ruckmen which you would expect him to dominate, not against an Ivan Maric type!

People can criticise SpecialK for his effectiveness in the ruck and that was justified, even SpecialK would admit he did not have a good one. He is injured no doubt because he isn't jumping with any vigor or result. But that is just one of many ways to evaluate his presence. Was he less or more effective than Casboult inside F50, not really I did not see SpecialK get out marked despite his lack of form!

Lately we lose more clearances than we win, and the 2nd efforts become more critical. Following up when you hit the ground and driving opposition mids, KPPs and defenders in the turf with tackle after tackle is a big positive. SpecialK is the only ruck we have that does this, he gets up off the deck like a mid and lays tackle after tackle. In this regard Warnock offers us almost nothing, and Levi is often out of the contest after his first effort even when he stays on his feet!

Rowe needs another uninterrupted pre-season, but there are no guarantees, plain and simple.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #238
Richmond would be happy if Casboult didn't play.

They would be even happier if Kreuzer doesn't!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #239
this will be a classic underdog game. we shouldn't even be there, that will be a bogey the tigers may not be comfortable with, that along with the expectation of no finals in 12 years