Skip to main content
Topic: Rate the channel seven coverage of the game (Read 12791 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rate the channel seven coverage of the game

Reply #15
Hang on I forget something. Fox sports today and David King. "Dustin Martin" is the key to Richmond beating Carlton today. He is evasive and a quality player. an elite finisher and Carlton won't have a match for him today. he will win this game off his own boot. "Martin this and Martin that". "Martin, Martin, Martin". Don't even get me started on Cotchin. King, you got it WRONG. They lost. Martin did something but not near enough to win it today. Dermie thought we were a chance even though he thought we would lose. He said never say never. he has watched us come back. Him and Maclure were fair about their analysis. The others were all knobs. Especially Roos. He gave us no chance in each quarter. he still can't believe how we managed to win it. No anti-Blues bias at all the commentators.

How about using guys who say it as it is and being non-biased.

You know I listened to the Triple M pre show thing just before bounce down and the one person who was balanced and actually thought about the game on its merits was Jason Dunstall. I have to say it's not the first time I have noticed it from Dunstall. Don't get me wrong he's Hawks through and through but he does give a balanced opinion I think overall.

I'd have to agree, although his voice is horrible.

Reply #16

The whole coverage was pro-Nthmond, because they are mostly anti-Carlton, but are you really surprised???

I wasn't at all surprised but i loved it!

I'll take the hatred any day over being laughed at and mocked as we have been for years, the more successful we are the more people will hate us and any respect they give us will be begrudging respect.........ah, just like the good old days lol

Reply #17
I actually really enjoyed Nick Reiwoldt's special comments, very balanced, no bias, he's a natural for sure.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #18
I knew i should have gone to the game - channel seven coverage of game , particularly the post game coverage  was lamentable to put it mildly - we had to endure their carlton- hating commentators - but got used to them - especially when we came back - bur what happened to live player/ coach interviews / team song ?
The channel seven promotion of their finals coverage suggests that it will be good - ripped off !!!!

Yes, this. I still haven't seen the team song. Utter embarrassment by C7.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #19
@Previous posters

Agree re. Riewoldt and Dunstall - two of the few commentators who are worth listening to. Both are fair and give good insights.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
Most of the commentator's statements are limited!
But Broadcasters from football to election talk a lot of what we call krap!

We have to sift and sort what is worthwhile.

Whereas you guys her, are blessed with insights that don't come from prejudice, but good blue-blooded common sense.

Keep effusing your wisdom!

Reply #21
Hang on I forget something. Fox sports today and David King. "Dustin Martin" is the key to Richmond beating Carlton today. He is evasive and a quality player. an elite finisher and Carlton won't have a match for him today. he will win this game off his own boot. "Martin this and Martin that". "Martin, Martin, Martin". Don't even get me started on Cotchin. King, you got it WRONG. They lost. Martin did something but not near enough to win it today. Dermie thought we were a chance even though he thought we would lose. He said never say never. he has watched us come back. Him and Maclure were fair about their analysis. The others were all knobs. Especially Roos. He gave us no chance in each quarter. he still can't believe how we managed to win it. No anti-Blues bias at all the commentators.

How about using guys who say it as it is and being non-biased.

I reckon King will still be saying that we should trade Gibbs!! Once he gets on a topic, he will never admit he was wrong.

Roos has always hated us, I reckon we promised him a job, before he took the Sydney one, and backed out.  He is just so anti-Carlton it is not funny

Reply #22
All i can say that at least Brian Taylor's ugly head wasn't around. Can't stand him!!
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #23
All i can say that at least Brian Taylor's ugly head wasn't around. Can't stand him!!

Let alone not missing the "Wow wee" every 2 minutes or comparing every fcuk up with something that Richo would have done

Reply #24

Let alone not missing the "Wow wee" every 2 minutes or comparing every fcuk up with something that Richo would have done

And his ridiculus illustrations/comparisons. He tries to be funny, but he's just stupid. And once he says something he doesn't let it go! Gee it irks me. I cringe every time i see that Hungry Caterpillar on his upper lip.

Reply #25

And his ridiculus illustrations/comparisons. He tries to be funny, but he's just stupid. And once he says something he doesn't let it go! Gee it irks me. I cringe every time i see that Hungry Caterpillar on his upper lip.

Did someone say Big Boy McEvoy ?

Yep - BT did about 50 times in 1 game. Horrible. And in the after match wrap up, whenever Sam Lane is talking, you always see him twitchy and agitated, like he just can't wait to piss her off. Comes across as a sexist pig. 

Reply #26

Here he is! Hehe!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27
Gold Cookie!  ;D

Reply #28
Taylor normally does Saturday nights so boy oh boy we'll have to put up with him this week.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!