Skip to main content
Topic: Blues Vs Swans - post match expert analysis  (Read 42687 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues Vs Swans - post match expert analysis

Reply #15
Out of our league.

Hard to see some of these guys putting in the work to be a champion side. Mick has a lot of work to do.

Reply #16
I have said all season and I will continue to say it, we are the worst ball users in the league by some margin and that includes Melbourne, GWS and GC.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
Thanks Hirdy, you gave Mick a leg up this year.

He's had the chance to see players in finals so any trade he wants to make go for it but no BE excuses next year we must be a top 8 side as a bare minimum.

Good point Goat, MM should have a very clear picture now of who stays and who goes and what we need to bring in. For the players who stay it has been a valuable and unexpected taste of finals footy. Thought Bell went OK, not great but was encouraged by his effort - invaluable experience for him.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #19
can we get a new prez and CEO for starters?

Reply #20
4-6 of the spuds running around tonight won't be there next year, as for the rest -
 how about having a fair dinkum go, simply disgraceful.

Best wishes Jamo, afl players assoc needs to act on this ground.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #21
TIME FOR THE CLEANOUT

1. Reduce the Board to 7

2. Goodbye Kernahan and Swan

3. Goodbye Mckay

4. Goodbye Hughes and Rodgers

5. Goodbye 20 listed players

Reply #22
A poor effort by the boys tonight and I'm sure they are feeling it more than we are, they played a confused game, no co-ordination, very little self belief and very average skills, at times it was like watching a junior team against a team of men.
Some good efforts by some players but way too many poor ones, the less said the better.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #23
It's funny because i'm not really that disappointed. I see it this way:

- The Scum got thrown out of the finals.
- We denied Richmond a win in their first finals appearance in 12 years (and we did it from ninth place)
- We went 1 week further than the Filth.

To me, that's not a bad season considering the amount of passengers we had in the team.

Now we'll have a good clean out, both players and personnel and come back stronger in 2014.

Reply #24
I don't care how intimidating the opponents are. What is wrong with laying tackles. We didn't even lay tackles to guys who were already on the deck.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #25
Our bottom six players scored less rating points in total than McVeigh!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
This list won't win a flag. That much is clear. Just how deep do we need to cut is the question.

Reply #28
I don't care how intimidating the opponents are. What is wrong with laying tackles. We didn't even lay tackles to guys who were already on the deck.

Agree - it seems so obvious and simple. Don't know what was wrong with the boys tonight. They just weren't there on any level.

Reply #29
Conditions suited the Swans with their heavier bigger mids and we at no stage had control of the midfield and that was the end of the game.....
Need to concentrate on the trade/free agency period and score some players who can fill the holes on the list and move players on who wont make it or wont improve...