Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW Rd 1: Carlton vs Collingwood at Ikon Park (Read 32448 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW Rd 1: Carlton vs Collingwood at Ikon Park

Reply #150
AND, its okay to find the women a bit good to look at.

Lets not pretend that we aren't human and don't have human urges.

I have heard people scream out their love of a male player, and it had nothing to do with their ability to play football but rather how good they looked in a small pair of shorts etc.

Its perfectly fine to find some of the females a bit cute.

Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #151
...and i never said you did say that.

You talked about length, not skills and were called out on it. Deal.

You're a black and white guy eh, religious overtones?

Yes, a comment was about her poor kicking length, a function of poor skills. Is it really tht hard to comprehend?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #152
AND, its okay to find the women a bit good to look at.

Lets not pretend that we aren't human and don't have human urges.

I have heard people scream out their love of a male player, and it had nothing to do with their ability to play football but rather how good they looked in a small pair of shorts etc.

Its perfectly fine to find some of the females a bit cute.

Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

What if it's your better half?  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #153
What if it's your better half?  ;)

Nothing better than standing in the crowd at the footy and listening to sad old drunken bastards describe how they'd like to boof your mate's teenage daughter! :o

Please give me more of it! ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #156
You're a black and white guy eh, religious overtones?

Yes, a comment was about her poor kicking length, a function of poor skills. Is it really tht hard to comprehend?

Swing and a miss, yet again Flyboy.

Skills is ability to hit a target.
Kicking length has nothing to do with skills.

Some skillful players couldn't kick 50.
Some players (like casboult) can kick the ball 60m but you wouldn't call him skilled.

You got caught BSing. Just deal with it and move on. Stop slinging mud and deflecting.

Reply #157
Standard is better than last year.

The Collingwood captain's father posts here but I can't remember who it is?

Still lurking around buddy.
Don't post much during the summertime. For obvious reasons. :o

But, get my NAVY groove on come late March...  :D

Reply #158

Nice interview on the wireless  :)

The Navy groove came over loud and clear, even if tempered by the rightfully proud parent responses  :P
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #159
Swing and a miss, yet again Flyboy.

Skills is ability to hit a target.
Kicking length has nothing to do with skills.

Some skillful players couldn't kick 50.
Some players (like casboult) can kick the ball 60m but you wouldn't call him skilled.

You got caught BSing. Just deal with it and move on. Stop slinging mud and deflecting.

You are kidding me....wow, pot calling the kettle..... :-[ :-[
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #160
CARLTON women’s coach Damien Keeping — who is in hospital with a mystery condition — is in the sights of the AFL for his ultra-defensive game plan.

The AFL is furious with the tactics Keeping successfully employed against Collingwood in the AFLW season opener on ­Friday night and has voiced its dismay to the Blues.

In effect, the AFL has ­ordered Carlton to play a more open brand of football.

One opposition coach described Carlton’s game style as the return of “Rodney Eade’s flood’’, a reference to Eade’s groundbreaking but controversial tactic used at Sydney in the mid-1990s.  

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #161
CARLTON women’s coach Damien Keeping — who is in hospital with a mystery condition — is in the sights of the AFL for his ultra-defensive game plan.

The AFL is furious with the tactics Keeping successfully employed against Collingwood in the AFLW season opener on ­Friday night and has voiced its dismay to the Blues.

In effect, the AFL has ­ordered Carlton to play a more open brand of football.

One opposition coach described Carlton’s game style as the return of “Rodney Eade’s flood’’, a reference to Eade’s groundbreaking but controversial tactic used at Sydney in the mid-1990s.

The credibility of any competition is that it not be "contrived."

Some critics probably already feel that's the case with this competition.
Teams must be allowed to use tactics that give them the best possible chances of winning.
If that's a concern for the AFL then change the rules.

Reply #162

Teams must be allowed to use tactics that give them the best possible chances of winning.

Well said, Principal LODS. What a lazy solution to the problem of low scoring from the AFL - tell the coaches to be less defensive. They've been training all pre season to adopt a certain style and the AFL comes up with this! Breathtaking shortsightedness and simplistic thinking. Yep, alter the rules to be fair to all...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #163

This made me so angry. A team is smart enough to employ a winning strategy but the AFL doesn't like the look of it, so they want them to change? Gil needs to FRO. If the club bows down to this I'll be extremely disappointed. You should always play to your strengths, our strength is our A Grade defence. We didn't give up the kitchen sink to bring in Nicola Stevens just for craps and giggles, we did it for further strengthen our backline.

Reply #164

Steph played a ripper on Friday. Any chance she can defect at the end of the season?  ;)