Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 9: Post Game Calm: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 38098 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 9: Post Game Calm: Carlton vs Melbourne

All ready for tomorrow.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 9: Post Game Calm: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #1
Thread is open for business...
Reckon we'll do a roaring trade :(

Reply #2
That was the worst exhibition of coaching I've come across since the days of Pagan. I'm all for teaching and development but why go back to something they left us totally lost, confused and regularly thrashed.

Reply #3
Was going to say Heart breaking but Carlton broke my heart years ago.
Then there is soul crushing, upsetting, devastating but you have to care for that to happen.
SO Numbing
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #4
Posted this in the game thread just before it was locked up, I'll give it another run.
I'm sick of being embarrassed by my football team, if we're going to be dismantled then at least go down with an eye on the future and not with a bunch of spuds and hack rejects from other clubs.
Weitering, Silvagni and Cunningham play next week for starters, Williamson the week after, and Kerr stays in, how can we possibly expect a kid in game one to shine in an outfit like we put on the park today?
If they don't start cutting the spuds very shortly I'll lose interest after 50 plus years.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #5
This is by far our worst MC performance for the whole season, it looked to me like we expected the Dees to play the same way they played last season, and that we pretty much ignored every game they had played this season!

I really do not know what to say, we looked lifeless!

Today's game looked like a tell, and the VFLW and VFL results, is there something rotten in Denmark?

The AFL as a industry tried it's best to kick us during the week, and instead of sticking fat and rallying in defiance, we've gone meekly into the night!

Do we look like a club that doesn't want to be there, like we've lost the will to survive?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Posted this in the game thread just before it was locked up, I'll give it another run.
I'm sick of being embarrassed by my football team, if we're going to be dismantled then at least go down with an eye on the future and not with a bunch of spuds and hack rejects from other clubs.
Weitering, Silvagni and Cunningham play next week for starters, Williamson the week after, and Kerr stays in, how can we possibly expect a kid in game one to shine in an outfit like we put on the park today?
If they don't start cutting the spuds very shortly I'll lose interest after 50 plus years.

Yes, what's the bet Kerr is the one to go. He had an excellent first half but what hope did he have in the 2nd half.

It was a disgraceful performance from the coaches through to the playing group. Started with the coaching. It was purely brainless.

Reply #7
I think we've started mounting a strong case for a priority pick. 

Reply #8
IDK where to start, but i wont suggest what we've always done in the past and that's sacking the coach.

on field  leadership needs to change, Murphy is at the end, and has been there for some time. He owes the club, not the other way around.
some of the new guys Garlett, SPS, SOS, are not up to it, the others need more time and the fillers are there only to bind the cement.

Lauding list manager may have come early, but without knowing how knowledge, tactics , etc is engendered at the club, its hard to say.

We've been here far too long and too many times, without success, and the only department that has performed given the reoccurring performance (of lack thereof ) is marketing. Without them lying proficiently , this club would be an after thought.

Reply #9
Geelong at Geelong and Sydney in Sydney the next 2 games.

Terrific  ::).

Reply #10
This was always going to be a L. Im not too bothered by the outcome but the process.

I thought we lost our way (?structural, attitude, mismatched- not sure) q2 3 and 4. Inevitable to blow out on the scoreboard, but 100+ tells me nobody was able to step up. That's the depressing part for mine. Not sure what learning that affords :-\

Interesting how Bolts addresses the club.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #11
Our defence was hopeless today.

What’s going on with Plowman? He stuff everything he touches.
Jones and Rowe gave me the craps today.

No one bar Cripps wants to get in for hard ball gets.

Playing Murphy was akin to having one less player. 

We have been screwed with injury - not Many hard bodies out there. But surely when they go to tackle they can just hang on to the player? I think all our tackles are just shrugged off.

Our next two weeks will be so ugly, I am actually worried for B.B. because I don’t think he is to blame. He was feral at the players at 3/4 time.

Reply #12
Little to get too obsessed about other than we stynk it up everywhere. Bar Cripps, the players with the most touches generally don't and didn't use it well in a midfield of headless chooks, a back line that can't kick and a forward line that...didn't see much action

Boy its getting hard to keep the youngster keen on Carlton. Attended open training yesterday, but even that was pretty underwhelming, with only a few players sticking around to sign stuff.

Bad signs of lethargy and giving up are there and its not even halfway through a very grim season. Brisbane currently leading...

Reply #13
When I heard Bolton gave them a spray I thought it would be interesting to see the response.

There wasn't one. 

Dissapointing.

Jones was back to his old self after quarter time.

Jed lamb, McKay and cripps aside everyone else did some really poor things at times which just kept being very costly.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #14
Little to get too obsessed about other than we stynk it up everywhere. Bar Cripps, the players with the most touches generally don't and didn't use it well in a midfield of headless chooks, a back line that can't kick and a forward line that...didn't see much action

Boy its getting hard to keep the youngster keen on Carlton. Attended open training yesterday, but even that was pretty underwhelming, with only a few players sticking around to sign stuff.

Bad signs of lethargy and giving up are there and its not even halfway through a very grim season. Brisbane currently leading...

Viv, let the kid support another team as an interim measure, and get him to come back to the Blues once the rebuild is over, circa 2057.