Skip to main content
Topic: Yarran to jog in GF Sprint (Read 25049 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Yarran to run in GF Sprint

Reply #16
provided he doesn't have to tackle anyone , he should win it

Reply #17
I will be surprised if he finishes in the first couple and I also suspect that Garlett would do better
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #18
Unknown

Interesting to see how he goes but so many factors involved (reaction time, acceleration, and the ability to maintain that speed over a distance) that it's pretty difficult to predict how he'll go.

Reply #19
This perfect for Yaz.  Only required to run one way.  ;D

Reply #21
Actually, Hampson would give it a decent go. He is fast enough, it is just that he reacts slowly and doesn't change direction quickly. In this he needs only one reaction - to start with the gun and he doesn't need to change direction at all. Should suit him down to the ground.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #22
Very good reaction and acceleration......then at about 25 to go decided he'd had enough.
Had a big smile so obviously enjoyed himself.
Probably would have finished second if he'd pushed it

Reply #23
Appeared to have a concern with his hammy after the first heat, so seeing a Dangerfield couldn't be caught probably decided to play safe.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #24
Just did enough to qualify in the heat - was looking around to make sure he was OK before slowing down. Obviously not risking his hammy in the final - agree, he was content to go into cruise control for that last 20 or 30 meters. I too thought he looked pretty quick off the mark - quicker than I expected.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #25
Geez Army must be quick if he can catch Dangerfield, no one got close in that sprint !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #26
Geez Army must be quick if he can catch Dangerfield, no one got close in that sprint !!

Army is definitely quick alright - just looks a bit untidy when compared to the likes of Yarran and Jeffy. Runs like a rugby player!  ^-^
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27
In both races, he hardly gave it a crack !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #29
In both races, he hardly gave it a crack !!

Typical of his nature. Does the same on the playing field. Is he fixable ?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.