Skip to main content
Topic: Yarran to jog in GF Sprint (Read 25046 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Yarran to run in GF Sprint

Reply #30
he was laughing/smiling half way down the track running at 75%
commensurate with the effort he puts in afl games,
Plays like a billionare

Reply #31
he was laughing/smiling half way down the track running at 75%
commensurate with the effort he puts in afl games,
Plays like a billionare

Yep, that's how I saw it too !!!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #32
Lives the dream without ever finding out what he's really capable of??
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #33

I don't mind people with their heads in the clouds as long as their feet are planted solid on the ground.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #34
Yep, the Grand Final Sprint is the Key Indicator on a bloke's ticker...they were all going at half rat power...fair dinkum...it is just a bit of fun...who gives a Rat's Tossbag really?? ::)

Reply #35

I don't mind people with their heads in the clouds as long as their feet are planted solid on the ground.

Mants, sooner or later you have to put your dreams to the test.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #36
Yep, the Grand Final Sprint is the Key Indicator on a bloke's ticker...they were all going at half rat power...fair dinkum...it is just a bit of fun...who gives a Rat's Tossbag really?? ::)

There is no issue in it, the problem is that its so familiar.  You find out a bit about a bloke in that scenario.  Obviously he is not a competitive animal.

The way I see it, I hate losing.  That is the difference between a competitive animal and a non competitive animal.  Ill race people at the self checkout to see who i can overtake and beat on my way out of the store.  Its that nature that makes the difference between winners, and participants.

Now if they are good enough guys of Yarran's nature can influence outcomes but its not because they want to win, its because they are enjoying themselves.  They have a laugh, they do the unexpected and sometimes thats what works, but its not the makeup of a premiership player and most importantly doesnt help you breed a conpetitive environment at the club.

This is my major problem with Yarran.  Needs a dose of Mitch Robinson's thirst and you have the ultimate weapon.

The fact that we see it in a grand final sprint is just further evidence of his likelihood to be a competitive player.  Despite the relative ease, Dangerfield and Rohan exploded across the track.  These guys have that same effortless look to how they do things but they have a Steely resolve that goes with it.  Thats the difference.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #37
There is no issue in it, the problem is that its so familiar.  You find out a bit about a bloke in that scenario.  Obviously he is not a competitive animal.

Bingo !!!  
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #38
Christ I didn't realise that the GF sprint was now a part of player appraisals. So Yazz was having a laugh, big f@#king deal. I bet there was a good feeling amongst all the boys leading into the race as they're getting to play a part in the GF without any real obligation as it's just a bit of fun after all.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #39
Christ I didn't realise that the GF sprint was now a part of player appraisals. So Yazz was having a laugh, big f@#king deal. I bet there was a good feeling amongst all the boys leading into the race as they're getting to play a part in the GF without any real obligation as it's just a bit of fun after all.

Come on it was pretty ironic that he went at about 60%, story of his career.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #40
Yarran's effort was not competitive,  lazy and embarrassing to himself and Carlton.

Clearly shows that yarran is conditional in his efforts

Surely the club knows this and why did they let him run?

Our club is one big joke at the moment....

Reply #41
Yarran's effort was not competitive,  lazy and embarrassing to himself and Carlton.

Clearly shows that yarran is conditional in his efforts

Surely the club knows this and why did they let him run?

Our club is one big joke at the moment....
I must admit that I didn't see any of the sprints. But from what I read here, I am disappointed in Yazz. If he wasn't 100% he shouldn't have been there. If he was 100%, then doing his best is the way to go.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #42
It's a GF sprint FFS WGARA how he went ::)
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #44
It's a GF sprint FFS WGARA how he went ::)

Well he certainly didn't care for starters.
I'm sure Adelaide fans have celebrated long over Dangerfield winning.  By memory I heard one guy ran it last year to get his mate a ticket to the GF. Doubt any of them take it seriously.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........