Skip to main content
Topic: Walls goes "Bang" (Read 20938 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Walls goes "Bang"

Reply #15
Robert "Captain Hindsight" Walls.

It's quite obvious something went wrong after the collingwood game. First time this season we've been humilliated. Questions were always going to be asked after a loss like that. We don't need Wallsy chipping in and saying we've potentially done the wrong thing now.

Make the big calls BEFORE it happens Wallsy.

Reply #16
Robert "Captain Hindsight" Walls.

It's quite obvious something went wrong after the collingwood game. First time this season we've been humilliated. Questions were always going to be asked after a loss like that. We don't need Wallsy chipping in and saying we've potentially done the wrong thing now.

Make the big calls BEFORE it happens Wallsy.

I am waiting for his article on our poor record of player development - can't be far away. We'll be running for cover then and he'd be right.

Reply #17
As pointed out Rob Walls does change his mind every week and seems to be taking a very short term view of MM's work.
Its unrealistic to think Malthouse can turn our onfield fortunes around in his first season with a list that needs plenty of work and he needs the opportunity to develop players, shape the list and fill in the gaps...we would have stalled and gone backwards under Ratten as well or Paul Roos.

Reply #18
Looking at our fixtures and win/loss record, does anyone really think we could've done any worse this year? I don't think you can say it would've been the same for any other coach, we have under acheived enormously.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
Its unrealistic to think Malthouse can turn our onfield fortunes around in his first season with a list that needs plenty of work and he needs the opportunity to develop players, shape the list and fill in the gaps...we would have stalled and gone backwards under Ratten as well or Paul Roos.

Yes that's what concerns me and I think you're right. Clearly the club thought we were better than we really were. I said in another thread the revolution needs to happen in development at Carlton if we're going to make a difference long term.

Reply #20
Mick is COOKED.

The only good thing about this is the board can be chased out of Visy park.

We would have been better off handing the keys to the AFL 10 years ago.

COOKED!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #21

COOKED!!

Can't agree with you there - fudge the AFL. Maybe Mike Fitzpatrick can make a return.

Reply #22

COOKED!!

Can't agree with you there - fudge the AFL. Maybe Mike Fitzpatrick can make a return.

No chance.

Nobody with an ounce of sense will come within 500 miles of this crapful run club while it's got those piles of human excrement masquerading as board members.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #23
No chance.

Nobody with an ounce of sense will come within 500 miles of this crapful run club while it's got those piles of human excrement masquerading as board members.

Which one's specifically - you don't like Stick we know but who else and why?

Reply #24
Contrary to popular belief, I don't see Sticks as the problem. I'm not so sure he's the easy fix man. Surely the board members with money that are used to buying whatever they want would be the issue here? Not that I would even know who they are.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25
No chance.

Which one's specifically - you don't like Stick we know but who else and why?

I don't mind Sticks and was happy for him to be Pres this year, now he's staying another. He's there to take heat for the Pratts until they can find a suitable candidate.

Why, so he gets to drink Crownies at AFL functions?

Fck Sticks and fck the Pratts. They've run this club off a bumpy road and into a ditch.

Reply #26
Contrary to popular belief, I don't see Sticks as the problem. I'm not so sure he's the easy fix man. Surely the board members with money that are used to buying whatever they want would be the issue here? Not that I would even know who they are.

Like you I don't know the board personally and I can only go on what I read and hear about on the grapevine. I have meet Sticks a couple of times and he's a genuine passionate supporter of the club but he certainly doesn't go to war publicly the same way Eddie does at the Pies. I don't see anyone with profile to lead the club at the moment.

Reply #27
Looking at our fixtures and win/loss record, does anyone really think we could've done any worse this year? I don't think you can say it would've been the same for any other coach, we have under acheived enormously.

I had the past 4 weeks marked down as losses 2 months ago, I did change my mind last week and picked us to beat the pies but that was more to do with how awful they were against Port.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #28
Be interested to hear Mark Maclure's take on this. Been quiet of late. Is the BlueView thing running this year?

Reply #29
Be interested to hear Mark Maclure's take on this. Been quiet of late. Is the BlueView thing running this year?

Considering he was agitating for Ratten's removal I hope he's as even handed with the super doooooper coach.