Skip to main content
Topic: Pass-mark for 2014 (Read 27118 times) previous topic - next topic

Pass-mark for 2014

- Beat Essendon twice

- Beat all the other sides we should (Saints, Bulldogs)

- Close the gap between our best and worst

- Improved goal kicking. 

- And finishing 5-8 would be a pass for mine. We're not premiership material nor top four material but to make 5-8 of our own accord would be grouse. 

Yours?

Re: Pass-mark for 2014

Reply #1
- Beat Essendon twice

- Improved goal kicking. 

- And finishing 5-8 would be a pass for mine. We're not premiership material nor top four material but to make 5-8 of our own accord would be grouse. 

Excellent points. As well as goal kicking efficiency, I want to improve on our defensive game, which showed good signs early on. All top sides are measly at giving away goals.
Hence why I think we really need Delaney. A genuine KPD.
Release Henderson up forward and get Boyd.
Menzel locked in the 22.
Graham and Buckley given more game time.
Touchy given time further up the field kicking pin point to forwards or goals himself.
Daisy causing mischief.
And I want genuine accountability by making no one's spot safe. Drop any bastard who does not perform and encourage minimum expectations. No more nice guy.
That's what I want.
Keep the Faith

Reply #2
Pass mark? Improvement on this year.

In season - beat Essendumb twice, a win against the Hawks would be nice too !!

End of season - Finish better off than we did this year, more than 11 wins, higher than 8th on the Ladder and at least 2 finals wins. That would mean playing in a least a prelim.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #3
Yep. Nothing less than a preliminary final appearance.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
I want to see our final list before making any predictions or decisions..

Reply #5
The ultimate pass mark would be a flag. I've never been able to celebrate one properly. Last time we were premiers I was about 14.  :(

Imagine if we won one these days.  :D

Reply #6
Prelim.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #7
- Beat Essendon twice

With luck Essendon won't be able to field a side!

Essential.

- Improved goal kicking. 

Indeed, especially guys like Casboult who plays as a KPP.

I disagree - if Murphy, Gibbs, Judd, Jamo, Yarran, Thomas, Hendo, Garlett, Walker, Special K all have good years and we are 'lucky' injury wise, why is top 4 out of the question?

Yours?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #8
I want to see our final list before making any predictions or decisions..

I agree we need to see what we have on the field before we can make any predictions.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #10
The same thing I want every year.

Good performances (wins are better) against the top 4 contenders in finals type matches i.e. when it goes up a notch we go up a notch instead of falling away.

Beating Richmond does not cut it, they are as flaky and fall away just like us in the big games.

Hawks, Freo, Sydney and whoever the top 4 side is that takes Geelongs spot is.

These are pretty much the only sides who matter.

Play these guys at their own game and I know we are on the right track, if not, it's all window dressing.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #11
We have to beat Hawthorn

Reply #12
Think we'll slide, tbh.
Essendon, Roos, GC all coming up hot - Roos in particular could be this years Richmond.

Port, Pies to slide with us.

A Top 8 finish next year would be a great effort.

Some development in Temay, Cachia, Cas, Menzel, Yarran, Gibbs, Murf and McInnes would be good too.

Reply #13
Just on the goalkicking. Was reading on TC that one of the possible reasons for our terrible accuracy is the post height at visy park. The afl changed the height of the posts at all venues and visy park still has the old format. Surely this needs to be changed .

Reply #14
Think we'll slide, tbh.
Essendon, Roos, GC all coming up hot - Roos in particular could be this years Richmond.

Port, Pies to slide with us.

A Top 8 finish next year would be a great effort.

Some development in Temay, Cachia, Cas, Menzel, Yarran, Gibbs, Murf and McInnes would be good too.

Lol - essendon. I reckon They'll be lucky if they can field a side on account of the reported IN's. Lets not forget their football department is empty and that the blonde haired spectre will be looming large for 12 months in the back ground.

I don't think we will see much improvement from the Roos. They have had 4 seasons of being on the verge and blown it each and everytime with the same playing group.