Skip to main content
Topic: General Discussions (Read 113533 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: General Discussions

Reply #1440
I get the anger and distrust about the Porter Davis and Lloyd's collapses, but I fail to see how anybody benefits from breaking and entering to trash the reception desk.

If you are angry, go to the gym and punch the crap out of the sparring bag!

Good advice.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1441
I get the anger and distrust about the Porter Davis and Lloyd's collapses, but I fail to see how anybody benefits from breaking and entering to trash the reception desk.

Dan's union goons.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1442

The sparring bag hasnt taken your money, failed to complete construction of your house and continued trading when they knew they couldnt fulfill any new orders.

Reply #1443
The sparring bag hasnt taken your money, failed to complete construction of your house and continued trading when they knew they couldnt fulfill any new orders.

Or left you in financial ruin, with no hope of breaking the rent cycle, setting you back 20 years on that journey.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1444
Or left you in the lurch because you're a subbie and haven't been paid.

Reply #1445
A friend of mine lost her job, that pales into insignificance compared to the heartache for those who have one of the 1000 unfinished homes or haven't been paid for significant amounts of work. Just a horrible situation. I saw a bloke on the news who had just handed over a $200,000 payment and all he has is a slab. He is a small business owner, paying a mortgage for the property and will now probably end up bankrupt.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1446
I get all that.

But how does smashing stuff up, probably stuff that is leased, and perhaps ultimately owned by mum and dad investors, a super fund or such, how does that help?

They are just kicking people who are already down, perhaps some of you on this forum will get less growth, lower returns, or pay higher premiums this financial year because of that action!

It's doesn't hurt Lloyd's or Porter Davis at all!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1447
I get all that.

But how does smashing stuff up, probably stuff that is leased, and perhaps ultimately owned by mum and dad investors, a super fund or such, how does that help?

They are just kicking people who are already down, perhaps some of you on this forum will get less growth, lower returns, or pay higher premiums this financial year because of that action!

Mum and Dad investors and superfunds will see the last of the money.

Anything of worth will go to the creditors and the people left at the end of it will likely get nothing including the screwed over employees.

This is where investing in stocks is problematic.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1448
I get all that.

But how does smashing stuff up, probably stuff that is leased, and perhaps ultimately owned by mum and dad investors, a super fund or such, how does that help?

They are just kicking people who are already down, perhaps some of you on this forum will get less growth, lower returns, or pay higher premiums this financial year because of that action!

Yeah I agree, its never right to loot or cause damage as revenge. I was just saying what a horrible situation it must be for all concerned. If this was 2 years earlier, my daughter would be one of the ones suffering right now.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1449
Correct, LP, it doesn't.  But in all likelihood the subbies, employees and customers have been told porkies for some time about when they will get paid, or when the build will get going/completed.  That in it's own right causes a lot of stress.  It stinks massively when it is such a big financial committment.  Some people will react that way, whether it is helpful or not.

Porter Davis wouldn't have woken up on Friday morning, seen their bank account and thought we can't do this anymore - it would have been some time coming.  Their management of it would have been calm on the top of the water and panic underneath for a while as they sought to continue.

Reply #1450
If this was 2 years earlier, my daughter would be one of the ones suffering right now.
As far as I know the real long term problem is going to come from the insurers trying to weasel out of honouring compulsory policies that are meant to protect mum and dad investors.

I know of people still waiting for insurance claims to be settled from the fires back in 2019, that is criminal!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1451
Porter Davis wouldn't have woken up on Friday morning, seen their bank account and thought we can't do this anymore - it would have been some time coming.  Their management of it would have been calm on the top of the water and panic underneath for a while as they sought to continue.
If they are guilty, they can run but they will have nowhere to hide, the era of big data has screwed over anybody who thinks they can live the high life as a white-collar criminal.

Sometimes that becomes a political issue, but even that is diminishing in modern times, it's very very hard to be a Christopher Skaise in the 2020s. For example it looks like Trump is betting on being President to avoid facing his issues, Bolsonaro the same, their is nobody in Porter Davis or Lloyd's at that level even if there are a few scoundrels.

Some have tried to go down the 1%ers route and become lawless, but then the people that help you hide ultimately become the executioner.

On the flipside, were the Vic timber bans the end for Lloyd's and Porter Davis, if so how has that anger to be directed, at an environmentalist?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1452
Mum and Dad investors and superfunds will see the last of the money.

Anything of worth will go to the creditors and the people left at the end of it will likely get nothing including the screwed over employees.

This is where investing in stocks is problematic.
There are as many creditors as there are unfinished homes, Id suggest there wont be much of anything after the Receivers sift through the books. The Andrews Government have gone quiet on the liquidation and dont appear to be offering any help either so I reckon homebuilders and staff will be short changed badly on this one.
Superfunds tend to go ASX top 50 stocks and mainly top 20 so more banks and miners etc, banks can have a few defaulters when building companies go broke but they usually find other ways to recoup their money and thats by hitting up other borrowers and adding some fees to accounts for mugs like us.
Its does pay to look at Companies a bit deeper than just the glossy brochures and if you look at Porter Davis they made a poor move in acquiring Engelhardt homes a couple of years ago and the CEO and ex CBA Private Bank Boss Adrian Hondros after extending his tenure with PD suddenly left as well and that was a bit of a red flag that something wasnt right.

Reply #1453
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7dyJfUxgOw
So they just take the word of the individual as to which sex they identify with in Canada in some sports and its open slather to compete in any comp male or female?
But hang on you have to be "nice" like the other real trans gender athletes to compensate for having an unfair advantage over the non trans female athletes...thats makes it ok but when the non nice non trans man identifying as a female athlete wants to compete its not fair?
So adding all that up...being nice about it make its fair .....????

Reply #1454
Some of you will notice the rhetoric spinning up this week calling for bans or controls on AI, while the idea of controls and monitoring make sense, the rhetoric is over the top.

Many of the very same people claiming AI is a risk to democracy are the people who defend Trumps "alternative truths", or the right to own and carry guns, along with a whole host of other weirdo conspiracy theories like those myths surrounding the Obama's or Bill Gates.

People can go around and keep shooting school children, but a website that debunks your leader's spin is an evil that must be terminated.

It's a huge tell about who you want to listen to, just saying!
The Force Awakens!