Skip to main content
Topic: General Discussions (Read 113497 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: General Discussions

Reply #1455
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7dyJfUxgOw
So they just take the word of the individual as to which sex they identify with in Canada in some sports and its open slather to compete in any comp male or female?
But hang on you have to be "nice" like the other real trans gender athletes to compensate for having an unfair advantage over the non trans female athletes...thats makes it ok but when the non nice non trans man identifying as a female athlete wants to compete its not fair?
So adding all that up...being nice about it make its fair .....????
Thanks @ElwoodBlues1

I can't believe it's coming to this, I mean it's surreal isn't it, without being malicious, this is exactly the reason why the likes of Hannah Mouncey can never ever play AFLW and should not be allowed to play VFLW either.

Ignoring the bizarre aspects of the CPU, I can't believe people think this stuff won't happen in general as it is already happening, and in sports that attract high remuneration it won't just be a possibility it will be inevitable. Whether it is just a legal loophole like the CPU, or requires a genuine transition, they'll do it because they can.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1456
Thanks @ElwoodBlues1

I can't believe it's coming to this, I mean it's surreal isn't it, without being malicious, this is exactly the reason why the likes of Hannah Mouncey can never ever play AFLW and should not be allowed to play VFLW either.

Ignoring the bizarre aspects of the CPU, I can't believe people think this stuff won't happen in general as it is already happening, and in sports that attract high remuneration it won't just be a possibility it will be inevitable. Whether it is just a legal loophole like the CPU, or requires a genuine transition, they'll do it because they can.
Well, you only needed to watch 5 minutes of the 60 mins story the other night where parents don't assign a gender to their babies. At that point you realise just how farked the world is becoming.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1457
Well, you only needed to watch 5 minutes of the 60 mins story the other night where parents don't assign a gender to their babies. At that point you realise just how farked the world is becoming.
That was disturbing stuff watching that and what effect it will have on those children....do they have a non gender name to like x or y, xy, etc etc.

Reply #1458

You have to wonder whether would-be parents should pass an aptitude test before being allowed to reproduce 🙄

The other side of the coin is the practice of doctors arbitrarily deciding whether gender-indeterminate babies should be male or female and surgically removing the “unnecessary” bits.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1459
You have to wonder whether would-be parents should pass an aptitude test before being allowed to reproduce 🙄

The other side of the coin is the practice of doctors arbitrarily deciding whether gender-indeterminate babies should be male or female and surgically removing the “unnecessary” bits.

Exceptions don't prove the rule statistically.

They are called outliers for a reason.

Currently (I find it incredible to believe that they would make that decision without consulting the parents) here are the stats:

It is estimated that up to 1.7 percent of the population has an intersex trait and that approximately 0.5 percent of people have clinically identifiable sexual or reproductive variations.

Considering the point of gender is about reproduction (all other things being equal) does it make sense to make that decision based on the ability to reproduce?

Perhaps not.  I don't have the answer, but seeing people pretend to be something they aren't is not the answer either.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1460
That was disturbing stuff watching that and what effect it will have on those children....do they have a non gender name to like x or y, xy, etc etc.
Disturbing is putting it lightly EB
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1461
One is left with the feeling the child is more a political, social or fiscal utility, and the parents aren't so much parents but venture capital partners.

If the child grows to outlive it's utility, I can't help but think it will be discarded!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1462
Breanna Gill says hello, even though golf is not so physical I have to wonder what the girls struggling to make ends meet on the WPGA tour think!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1463
Interesting to read about Macron doing the traditional thing and folding like a house of cards after a visit to China, we are lucky as hell that we escaped that French Sub deal, we would probably have got a set of leaky boats full of Beijing back doors, not that the UK or US boats are likely to be any less leaky!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1464
Both of my children married Collingwood supporters and my grandsons follow their father's team  :(

The oldest boy is 13 and he recently went to the hairdressers.  She asked how he would like his hair cut and his reply was "Like Nick Daicos."  The hairdresser responded with, "Who is Nick Daicos?"  She just happens to be the partner of one of Geelong's gun players  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1465
The oldest boy is 13 and he recently went to the hairdressers.  She asked how he would like his hair cut and his reply was "Like Nick Daicos."  The hairdresser responded with, "Who is Nick Daicos?"  
imho, that was exactly the correct response to the instruction as issued!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1466
Merri-bek, that is what you get when you vote in a bunch of single issue councillors!

In the meantime, my associates living in Merri-bek can't get basic services from council, and are being told they have to pay more for what they failed to get!

I suppose those extra funds will be funnelled into protests next time a Sub runs aground in Merri Creek putting the MCG mud at risk of nuclear contamination!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1467
Merri-bek, that is what you get when you vote in a bunch of single issue councillors!

In the meantime, my associates living in Merri-bek can't get basic services from council, and are being told they have to pay more for what they failed to get!

I suppose those extra funds will be funnelled into protests next time a Sub runs aground in Merri Creek putting the MCG mud at risk of nuclear contamination!
Thats why City of Darebin banned nuclear weapons, you just never know.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1468
Thats why City of Darebin banned nuclear weapons, you just never know.
My associate who lives in Merri-Bek said they were taking a cautious approach, with global warming Coburg could become the new St Kilda beach!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1469
If a male senator went to a strip club, with or without accompanying females friends, it would be career ending and it should be! :o

This Lidia Thorpe situation has become a parody of itself, true character is now on display for all to see and I have to wonder if those with young daughters think it's OK?
The Force Awakens!