Skip to main content
Topic: God help me - the Test Cricket thread (Read 84979 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: God help me - the Test Cricket thread

Reply #885
Reckon the Indians cleaned up with the bookies on this one.....not much effort on their behalf imho.

You make me laugh EB  :)

The pitch doctoring backfired and we somehow managed to select our best 11 players for the conditions.

There's probably more chance of our selectors cleaning up the bookies by leaving Travis Head out of the team at the start of the series.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #886
You make me laugh EB  :)

The pitch doctoring backfired and we somehow managed to select our best 11 players for the conditions.

There's probably more chance of our selectors cleaning up the bookies by leaving Travis Head out of the team at the start of the series.
2-1 and series lost...not much to laugh about, this test was a farce...
India bats charging down the wicket at our spinners in the 1st dig and batting like millionaires...thats cricket how Pakistan play the game when they are on the take...

Reply #887
Great interview with Smith after the game on SEN. He oozes leadership. Talked about how he said to the bowlers something along the lines of "Ill throw you around a fair bit, you won't like it or agree with me but just trust me. It's not that I think you are doing a bad job, it will be because I think in that moment someone can do it better".
Always ticking away that fella.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #888
Great interview with Smith after the game on SEN. He oozes leadership. Talked about how he said to the bowlers something along the lines of "Ill throw you around a fair bit, you won't like it or agree with me but just trust me. It's not that I think you are doing a bad job, it will be because I think in that moment someone can do it better".
Always ticking away that fella.
Not a huge fan of Smith the captain but the alternatives are in short supply, just hoping he can bat like he did last ashes series and put an end to this Bazball BS..sick of hearing about it.

Reply #889
2-1 and series lost...not much to laugh about, this test was a farce...
India bats charging down the wicket at our spinners in the 1st dig and batting like millionaires...thats cricket how Pakistan play the game when they are on the take...

And if Head hadn't got slightest touch with the toe of his bat, he's out cheaply and we would most likely have lost.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #890
So let me get this right, the BCCI gets caught out fiddling the pitches in the lead up to the first three tests, and despite being caught on video with the shovels and rollers, the BCCI solution is to fiddle three pitches to keep the opposition guessing!

So they are embarrassed at all by being caught out, so rather than amend their ways they go to a whole new level and fiddle three pitches, they've made a Matryoshka of pitches so only the BCCI know which one will be used in the lead-up to the test and as such only India can properly prepare. It's a bit like a grifter adding further layers of complexity when the victims have worked out they have been conned!

They may as well prepare the whole venue play surface and just paint the lines wherever it suits on the day the teams are announced, why even bother with north south! ;D

Is this ultimately why Trump and Putin are bad for the planet, people and countries no longer care, integrity doesn't matter?

I suppose next time India tour we can supply Lunch and Tea, three free choices, Eye Fillet, Beef Bolognese and Steak Tartare! Perhaps for the Brisbane test we have a northern primary producer ritually slaughter a cow on the pitch as part of the opening smoking ceremony, Apocalypse Cow! It makes me wonder, do we use blood and bone on Australian playing fields?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #891
I can't be bothered anymore LP, just another example of a crooked, morally bankrupt outfit with far too much power and influence.  Welcome to modern civilization.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #892
I wouldn't be over excited about day one....we did ok but this is the kind of pitch we do badly on because we don't bat long enough. We need to post a minimum of 400 before the pitch deteriorates - if it will.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #893
The Gabba was given a below average rating for the Test against South Africa and received on demerit point as a result.  Another four demerit points over the next four years would see the Gabba banned as a Test venue for 12 months.

What ratings have the Indian pitches been given and how many demerit points have they racked up?

Reply #894
I wouldn't be over excited about day one....we did ok but this is the kind of pitch we do badly on because we don't bat long enough. We need to post a minimum of 400 before the pitch deteriorates - if it will.

There's not a lot of runs among those still to bat.  Ussy and Green need to make big scores.

Reply #895
Indians are in practice mode for the test championship, this wicket might hold up a bit better than the rubbish they produced for the other tests.

Reply #896
Indians are in practice mode for the test championship, this wicket might hold up a bit better than the rubbish they produced for the other tests.
Who hosts the final, where and when?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #897
That drop by the keeper, fair dinkum at test level you have got to be joking, it's like Riewoldt's goal fail!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #898
That drop by the keeper, fair dinkum at test level you have got to be joking, it's like Riewoldt's goal fail!
This wicket has a bit more pace and the ball jumped a bit but it should been taken, of course the regular Indian keeper and well known Aussie nemesis Rishabh Pant hasnt played this series after his car accident where he was speeding in his Merc and managed to hit a road divider with such impact the car burst into flames and he nearly didnt make it out.
Of course Pant has a history of speeding fines all unpaid but such is the Indian Police system they claimed he wasnt drunk or speeding on this occasion and did not exceed 80km, reckon it might have  helped he is a cricketer with a rockstar profile and not driving a three wheel tuk tuk for a living?
Wonder what the three point swastika carmaker think of their expensive SUV ending up being BBQed beyond recognition in such a supposed low speed impact crash.....

Reply #899
Excellent effort from Ussy and Green.  Hopefully Green will bowl with confidence after his ton.