Skip to main content
Topic: Who do you expect to have a breakout season in 2014?  (Read 15848 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Who do you expect to have a breakout season in 2014?

Reply #15
Caboult and/or Rowe ?? In your dreams Gozza, they will be given the flick at the end of 2014.

Watson is the one who has to make an impact given that McCarthy & Mitchell were just given the boot and they all came from the same draft. If Watson cannot lock down a senior spot and call it his own, he too faces the chop at season's end.

I hope they rookie Pat Mc - if the lad wants to stay in Vic!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
Menzel.

Reply #17
Chris Yarran .
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #18
Zach Touhy.
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #19
Caboult and/or Rowe ?? In your dreams Gozza, they will be given the flick at the end of 2014.

Watson is the one who has to make an impact given that Mcarthy & Mitchell were just given the boot and they all came from the same draft. If Watson cannot lock down a senior spot and call it his own, he too faces the chop at season's end.

Pfft. Hampson got as long as he did at the club and he didn't have an iota of footy talent. Rowe and casboult, one a state league leading goal kicker and the other a great set of hands.....fix the kicking and hes alright. They will not be out the door at the end of 2014...in YOUR dreams.  ;D

Reply #20
Can't separate Nick Graham and Dinger Bell.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #21
I'm a bit like Thryleon and have been backing Gibbs every year in the hope they play him in the mid and leave him there  >:(

So in saying that I'll stick with him again.

Other club - Scully (GWS)
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #22
Andrew Walker and Bryce Gibbs. Both are in the final year of their contract and both could be signing their final big contract of their careers.

Reply #23
 Robbo

Reply #24
Shaun Hampson will find his niche at Richmond and will become one of the AFL's best big men in 2014.

This place would be unbearable :-P

Menzel for me. Cements a spot in the best 22.

Reply #25
Menzel...it will be  his first preseason, coming off the back of a good look in and familiarization to what it's all about in 2013.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #26
Watson to repay the faith and and send Hendo to CHF

Reply #27
At an AFL level, Menzel will make us ask Eddie who?
also Murphy to have a good rebound season, re-staking his claim as one of the best mids in the comp.

At a VFL level, Tom Temay will be banging down the door by the bye round. Another pre-season should do the fella well.
Blue boy born 'n' raised.
Reppin' the navy since '95.

Reply #28
At a VFL level, Tom Temay will be banging down the door by the bye round.

I wish I shared your enthusiasm but I don't, reckon he is on thin ice this year.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #29
So far we have named 14 players !!!

Yarran, Gibbs, Graham, Watson, Kreuzer, Everitt, Garlett, Touhy, Casboult, Rowe, Menzel, Bell, Walker and Robinson !!

And I agree all of these guys have room for improvement. Even if they were all to improve their game 5%, it would make a huge difference.
If half of them were to have breakout years .....

There is plenty of reason for growth and excitement !! Lets hope they get the most out of themselves and we have a good run with injuries in 2014 !!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!