Skip to main content
Topic: Did China sink an Indonesia Sub? (Read 2106 times) previous topic - next topic

Did China sink an Indonesia Sub?

Well, I've heard some rumors, but this one seems to be right up there in QAnon class.

The claim is that Indonesian sub was sank by China to draw regional surveillance craft away from regular duties.

Apparently China wants to move some of it's own subs into close proximity to eavesdrop on us or some neighbours, and have done so by drawing craft capable of detecting them away as part of the search. Surely not!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Did China sink an Indonesia Sub?

Reply #1
That sub is 44 years old LP, and probably wouldn't need much help manage a tragic accident.  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
That sub is 44 years old LP, and probably wouldn't need much help manage a tragic accident.  :(

Yep ABBA was big when it was first built.

Reply #3
Did they end up finding it?
L

Reply #5
No.  I expect the worst.
I heard on the radio this morning they expected the O2 to run out this morning, unless it surfaced somewhere the outlook is grim.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
The Chinese sank it in the same way the Russians flogged Harold Holt.

Reply #7

I thought it was the Chinese who took him. Not sure if China even had submarines in 1967.

Reply #9

Gotta love Aussie irony/humour. Harold Holt drowns / vanishes at sea... and there's a swimming pool named after him in Malvern.  ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
I thought it was the Chinese who took him. Not sure if China even had submarines in 1967.
Russia gave the Chinese a couple of subs in the 50's, I think the Nth Koreans still run a few old Rusky subs too..

Reply #13
Wow ....Cap, thats a lot of old Soviet junk still trawling the waters. I guess the DPRK airforce are still flying old MIG's too?

@ElwoodBlues1 ... they've got a decent amount of their own subs.

Air Force?  Chinese stuff but MIGS aplenty ... 90 odd from memory but 80s vintage.  Still, nothing to sneeze at ... plus 80 Soviet medium range bombers ... and again, now getting long in the tooth.