Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Promise AFL Rd 17 Carlton vs Geelong? (Read 6863 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Promise AFL Rd 17 Carlton vs Geelong?

Reply #75
Cannot and will not win this game.

Reply #76
I can't see it either.  All but a small faint hope

Reply #77
I give us some hope, Geelong are very cocky and resting a couple of senior players because they think they are that good.
Got a carp ruckman in Stanley, dont have a real tall defender unless Blicavs play down there so Harry should be in play a bit and Danger only turns up when he feels he has to. Got some very decent forwards but Weitering can match Hawkins and Rohan is very hit and miss. Obviously if those two get enough ball it will be over as they dont miss  but if we can control the midfield we can limit their entries and provide our own forwards with more supply. Its going to require great defensive effort from our forwards as well given they are a strong intercept team with players like Stewart, The traitor Henderson and Henry who take a lot of marks from poor entries. Expect OConnor and Guthrie to tag Cripps, Walsh so a few other mids will need to be on their game to pick up the slack.
Danger players IMO as I said before are Smith and Menegola on the wings who play well every week and we dont need two bananas picking them up who want to play wide and not man up their opponents..

Reply #78
I give us some hope, Geelong are very cocky and resting a couple of senior players because they think they are that good.
Got a carp ruckman in Stanley, dont have a real tall defender unless Blicavs play down there so Harry should be in play a bit and Danger only turns up when he feels he has to. Got some very decent forwards but Weitering can match Hawkins and Rohan is very hit and miss. Obviously if those two get enough ball it will be over as they dont miss  but if we can control the midfield we can limit their entries and provide our own forwards with more supply. Its going to require great defensive effort from our forwards as well given they are a strong intercept team with players like Stewart, The traitor Henderson and Henry who take a lot of marks from poor entries. Expect OConnor and Guthrie to tag Cripps, Walsh so a few other mids will need to be on their game to pick up the slack.
Danger players IMO as I said before are Smith and Menegola on the wings who play well every week and we dont need two bananas picking them up who want to play wide and not man up their opponents..

I would think Cripps wont play.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #79

Is play curnow on menagola and take him out of the game. Underrated player imo.

Reply #80
Is play curnow on menagola and take him out of the game. Underrated player imo.

Yep.

Curnow should not be in the 22 unless he is given a tagging role.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #81
we will know in the first 2 mins of the game if we are in with a shot of winning. start well and we are in with a big chance.

Reply #82
Haven't beat a side in the current top 10.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #83
Casboult and Jones late outs.

Setterfield, Williamson in.

Reply #84
Jones out will test the team defense!
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #85
Just hope our game doesn't follow the trend of this round. Thrashings. No. I don't think we have a hope in hell of thrashing the cats.
Henry Ford.

Reply #86

That doesn’t help 🙄
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #87
Who helps young DeKonig?
He'll compete with Stanley, Ratugolea, and Hawkins at different times.
Henry Ford.

Reply #88
Jones out is a real bugger. Despite the odd brain fade, he and Weitering are among the best KB combos in the comp IMO. That's a real bonus for the Cats. Rohan and Hawkins must be licking their chops. Rhys Stanley may also spend more time forward.

Reply #89

We are toying with them, clearly we dont rate Geel and will win easy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time